Stop Spamming my forum with your links. Get your own f'ckn forum!
    I am sick of you coming and posting your links to your site on my forums. We are using the filters, so your domain is replaces with {site not allowed due to spamming] so it isn't giving you any business.
    I have been having to delete your posts for months now, banning you hasn't helped, you find ways to come back..
    If you don't stop you will be getting a bill for advertising fees. I have it in my terms:

"Persons making commercial posts or linking to their business sites without prior approval may be subject to an advertising fee at our discretion."

why don't you just ban them?

[edit] sorry didn;t see that you've banned them already...well, ban their ip.

I think they have a dynamic ip..they have been banned...many times. I have emailed them, I have told them many times and it hasn't done a bit of good.

So for all of you that have coupon/deal forums be on the lookout. They troll the forums posting their links.

They got us again this week too, Connie. And yes, every time I check their ip address and add it to the banned list, it's always different. Between me and my moderators, their posts don't stay on our forum long enough to be seen before it's deleted. I'm like you, I just wish they would stay far, far away!

Have you tried contacting their hosting company? It may be (and usually is) against the TOS to spam newsgroups and forums.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ellen-s4y:
    Have you tried contacting their hosting company? It may be (and usually is) against the TOS to spam newsgroups and forums. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think most TOS agreements refer to email-based SPAM, not newsgroups, forums, et al. A hosting company cannot really dictate non-web site based business practices.

WOW even if people went to their site they would run away scared. If they are going to put their name out there at least have a site made that would convert.. Dawm it's nasty!

I think there's a way to add a re-direct (mod_rewrite, maybe, in your .htaccess file) so that everytime they post a link it would redirect to one of your own pages or sites.

I don't have the exact code handy but I've seen something similar at WMW.

Edited - I just noticed your comment about filtering - so never mind.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread