I know this is probably in the wrong forum, but I don't know how many people read the parasite threads. Besides, there isn't a forum for this nasty beast. Hopefully nobody else got it!

A few days ago I asked about Zango after I got a pop up for it. I couldn't find it anywhere on my system to delete it. I still can't. But I seem to have something pretty nasty in my computer and I just can't find the damned thing!

While I was scanning just about every file and folder and looking for whatever looked suspicious, I came across two pictures that didn't ring a bell. I clicked on them both, they were both exactly the same with two different names, it looked like a spy in a blue uniform, kinda like spiderman but all blue. I deleted them. I couldn't find a program to go along with these pictures. And God knows I looked for one!

Both file names had frezanim in the name. I did many searches on it but I can't find anything that makes sense. Yahoo is the only SE that returned anything on it, but it makes no sense. I found many listings for frezani but it seems to be in Polish, and I don't speak Polish.

Has anyone ever heard of frezanim? Or has anyone ever seen pictures like this before? I'm not sure if they were part of the problem, but I sure didn't like the looks of them!

I have protection coming out my ears on my computer, I don't know how anything could ever get past every program I have! AdAware, Spybot, PestPatrol, XBlock (stops spyware from downloading in the first place), firewall and antivirus. None of these programs are finding anything.

When I surf, I get this light in the top right hand corner of my screen going on and off very quickly, like the flash of a camera. I ass-u-me it is taking a picture of my screen. It does that on almost every site but not all of them - this board, CJ, LS, but not SAS, my own websites, and most places I go to. I've never had that before. I just noticed it a few days ago.

I get a lot of pop ups with no name, not the program name and not even the advertiser name either, and I haven't clicked on any to find out what or who it was. I haven't seen another Zango ad since the first one.

Tonight I was trying to read the post "mp3 dancer and sex tracker". When I clicked on it, my browser crashed. I tried again, same thing, and again, and again.

I look at the xblock page at http://www.xblock.com and I see a little empty box at the bottom of the page that's clickable. It links to russian-voyeur.com/spy.htm . I emailed xblock and they told me it was on my end, they couldn't reproduce the problem. I still see it tonight. Can anyone else see it or am I the only one?? Don't click it just in case - I did DUH!, just look at the source code, and you'll have to scroll to the right to see it, they hide the link pretty good.

The last week or so has been driving me crazy! The settings on my computer change all on their own. The font gets bigger by itself on websites, I change it, it changes again and eventually it sits still; my resolution changes by itself (this happened tonight), my desktop picture is gone, my screen saver still makes the noise but it reverted back to something totally different than what I had, Zone Alarm Pro goes back to its original color after I've had it on teal for about 2 years... this is becoming a nightmare!

I have no idea what the hell got into my computer, but I would love to get rid of this nasty thing!

Any ideas?

Catwoman

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Catwoman:
    Has anyone ever heard of frezanim? Or has anyone ever seen pictures like this before?

Catwoman <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.you can find it on the win98 cd rom for starters.

\win98\CONTENT\wbros\playdom\img\frezanim.gif
    \win98\CONTENT\wbros\playdom\img\pres1\frezanim.gif

Yes, I see russian-voyeur.com/spy.htm in the http://www.xblock.com source code.

Wow, that is nasty. I don't think its on your hard drive,if it cant be found in the folders etc. Maybe something is in your registry.

Its been so long since we have used windows,we don't want to give you wrong advice, so we would take it to a PC repair shop.
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

Thanks Dirk, that was pretty much what Yahoo returned when I did a search on frezanim, but the links led to folders or index and I wasn't sure what it was or if it was legit. You never know with these parasites today, they take over all kinds of legit files.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one to see the russian-voyeur link at xblock. Maybe it's a ZAP problem? Do you use Zone Alarm Pro too? Because when I look at the properties of that box, it says http://127.0.0.1:1025/bug.cgi and that's a ZAP thing, but it's clickable when it normally isn't and leads to the spy website.

I really don't know what the problem is, but when I find out, and I WILL!, I will post the results and how to get rid of it. If I ever catch the person(s) who put that beast in my computer, they'll regret the day they were born!!!

NOTHING frustrates me more than computer problems!

Catwoman

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Sorry to hear your computer's been taken over by the dark side, Catwoman.

I found a listing of forums that might be useful to you here (at the bottom of the page): http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Catwoman:

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one to see the russian-voyeur link at xblock. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I don't see the link or the empty box as my security settings blocked it, but I do see it in the source code.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread