Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Direct Gardening on CJ

Direct Gardening on CJ
    DirectGardening.com – Commission Junction integration date April 25, 2000.

10 years later they are one of the best affiliate programs in the Home and Garden Category with a ton of faithful affiliates working hard to promote their products. I am happy to be working with them to find growth and reinvigorate the core base of affiliates in that program.

Millions of gardeners have shopped our catalogs for years, now they are looking for our website! DirectGardening.com was one of the hottest new sites on the Internet in 2000, and we continue to grow a decade later. Our brand alone has attracted thousands of online customers. As part of our affiliate program you can help your customers find us, and watch your revenues grow, just like the products we sell. We offer hundreds of plants, flowers, and trees. Your customers will be delighted with our great prices, and what these outstanding products will do for their yards and gardens. We use industry standard SSL technology for secure online ordering, and offer a fantastic 1-year guarantee!

Program Benefits:
    Commission: $6
    Cookie: 45 Days
    3 Month EPC: $13

Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Congratulations on the new client, Greg!

This is a good niche and another major merchant in it goes offline too much - you should be able to grow this one on the negative impression the *other* merchant gives themselves.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Congratulations on the new client, Greg!

This is a good niche and another major merchant in it goes offline too much - you should be able to grow this one on the negative impression the *other* merchant gives themselves.
    Thank you, Rexanne. I've noticed that with such high volume sales, I need to be vigilant of their escrow balance so we don't have the same problem. I have big plans for this merchant!
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I've had a gardening site for many years, and while I'm always interested in adding additional products from new merchants, Direct Gardening is not a merchant in which I would have interest, because:

1) A $6 flat fee is not competitive with most gardening merchants that pay as much as 15% commissions; and

2) I cannot promote a merchant that does not have individual products links available.

You should also consider Popshops (but that is not a substitute for individual products links).
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    I've had a gardening site for many years, and while I'm always interested in adding additional products from new merchants, Direct Gardening is not a merchant in which I would have interest, because:

1) A $6 flat fee is not competitive with most gardening merchants that pay as much as 15% commissions; and

2) I cannot promote a merchant that does not have individual products links available.

You should also consider Popshops (but that is not a substitute for individual products links).
    Thank you for the feedback. I will be sure to pass that along when I talk with the merchant next week.
    Greg Hoffman

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hoffman Consulting View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. I will be sure to pass that along when I talk with the merchant next week.
    Any updates?
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Working with the merchant on several ideas. Just got Agency Authorization Agreement signed by all parties today. Change is coming!
    Greg Hoffman

Another old client we still manage every day in CJ. This program is toolbar/software and paid search free. Our biggest and best affiliates focus on, wait for it, Gardening content.

We just don't have any wiggle room for updates on this program. I can help individual content affiliates but we don't do promotions.
    Greg Hoffman

ABW Ambassador
    Greg - I have a website I could feature some of their products on. Are they okay with Georgia affiliates?

10. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    Greg - I have a website I could feature some of their products on. Are they okay with Georgia affiliates?
    Absolutely. Tell me when you sign up and I'll go in and approve you right away.
    Greg Hoffman

12. Thanks From:

The changes Greg got through significantly improved the program and in the four years (its been four years?) I've promoted Direct Gardening its shown consistent growth and become a solid performer.

14. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks - I just applied.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    The changes Greg got through significantly improved the program and in the four years (its been four years?) I've promoted Direct Gardening its shown consistent growth and become a solid performer.
    Thanks and you know I wish I could do more. Hands tied.
    Greg Hoffman

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the quick approval.

Garden affiliates. Watch for pending offers from me. Pay very close attention to what I'm about to do for you. Message me privately if you have questions.

Spring is coming!
    Greg Hoffman

19. Thanks From:

Way to Go!

Thanks, Greg!

21. Thanks From:

If you did not see the pending offer, message me with your CJ CID number.
    Greg Hoffman

Despite the polar vortex, sales have skyrocketed in February for this merchant. March and April will be huge.
    Greg Hoffman

A new product catalog was just published. Please let me know if you see any issues.
    Greg Hoffman

Still no images in their Popshops feed but the images in the CJ product links are now loading, but are huge and totally unusable as is. The image urls cannot be changed to reduce the image size.

26. Thanks From:

That's why I asked here. Thanks.
    Greg Hoffman

It will take a few days for Popshops to get it anyway. I think.
    Greg Hoffman

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    Still no images in their Popshops feed but the images in the CJ product links are now loading, but are huge and totally unusable as is. The image urls cannot be changed to reduce the image size.
    There are other ways to resize, and 400x400 isn't unreasonable, is it? If given a choice between making a 400x400 available and making a 150x150 available, the larger size is better, is it not?

Don't take this to be a finger pointing - we're working on getting the feed in shape. In the meantime, though...
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Daniel, for most of my sites I have no problem downloading images, re-sizing and serving them, but my garden site is on an old, old platform/system where I cannot add images like that and link them. 400 x 400 is way too big for the site layout, I need 150 x 150 for some pages and 200 x 200 for most others.

Good news and bad news.

Bad news: CJ only allows for one image size to be included. Direct Gardening has been doing 400x400, historically. And what is too big for you might be just right for someone else. And if DG changes it to 250x250, that would be too small for the people currently using 400x400. BUT, Greg and DG may decide to change the feed. Not my call.

Good news: there are other versions available. For example: a current image URL in Commission Junction appears as follows:

https://www.directgardening.com/1-th...collection.jpg

The word thickbox in the URL denotes a 400x400 pixel image. If you replace the word thickbox with the word home, you would get a 250x250 pixel image. If you replace the word thickbox with the word medium, you would get a 125x125 pixel image.

Example:

400x400 - https://www.directgardening.com/1-th...collection.jpg
    250x250 - https://www.directgardening.com/1-ho...collection.jpg
    125x125 - https://www.directgardening.com/1-me...collection.jpg

Make sense? So if you pull a product from the feed, you can programmatically change the size
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast