Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Is GAN Planning on a Web Services Tool?
    The use of web services to retrieve data from GAN would be very helpful to affiliates. As big as Google is, this sort of functionality should be pretty easy to develop and implement.

A WS tool where affiliates could automatically pull back....

- list of their joined merchants
    - list of text links
    - list of banner links
    - list of promotions
    - list of the latest links
    - etc, etc

Going through the GAN Interface and having to export stuff manually just doesn't cut it. Maybe it's just me, but I would expect GAN to be on top of their game in providing tools to its affiliates.

Just as long as they don't "sunset" the API as frequently as AdWords does... It seems like it's a never-ending job keeping the software updated, just to keep it doing the same thing that it has always done.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Thanks for posting your request and information pertaining. The future looks good

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Just as long as they don't "sunset" the API as frequently as AdWords does... It seems like it's a never-ending job keeping the software updated, just to keep it doing the same thing that it has always done.
    Michael, totally agree. I'm writing and testing new Adwords V2009 code right now because of the V13 sunset. I'm trying something different and am using their client library instead of raw soap calls. Hopefully this will shield me from some of the frequent API changes. Nothing worse than losing a week or two just to keep an API application working.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I'm holding off until April, hoping that the ReportService gets updated before I start so I can do all of the updates at once.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread