ABW Ambassador
    Video Plugins For Wordpress
    For those using videos are you using any plugins are just embedding code? I have a site that will most likely use a lot of videos but they are just too big. I was thinking of something like they have with pictures. Where they're smaller/thumbnails and you click on them for a bigger size, that lightbox stuff and some other ____box stuff. The search in wordpress hasn't been working for YouTube, typing it in or hitting the cloud, I just get - An unknown error occurred

Anybody know or use any good plugins that do that kind of thing or any other good video plugins I should take a look at? Thanks.

I have been using The Podpress Plugin for videos I have created on my own that are not posted on Youtube but on my site. However, it doesn't have the ability of the thumbnails you described for videos and is a good option if you don't have too many videos. I have also started moving away from hosting on my own site since it was using up alot of resources and looking for other alternatives.

http and a telephoto
    Vimeo.com come has an option to pay $60 a year to host your videos for you and create your own players that keep your visitors on your site. You can allow embedding on other sites or not. You have privacy settings etc.

I generally just use embed codes for most videos I want to display from YouTube. If you use their rss feeds they do have thumbnails in them.

I'm starting to use Vimeo to host videos I create and embed on my own sites. I also put the videos on YouTube, but those drive traffic to my sites.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

When embedding you can reduce the size of the video, Not sure how small you want to make them. I don't think I'd go smaller than 200x175. Much smaller and you can't really see enough to know if you want to watch it.

If they are YouTube, people can click on it and it'll open in a new window on YouTube, thus taking them off your site so that might be a problem depending on what you are doing.

John

ABW Ambassador
    "If they are YouTube, people can click on it and it'll open in a new window on YouTube, thus taking them off your site so that might be a problem depending on what you are doing."

Yeah, they're most likely going to be YouTube videos I'm using. That's why I was looking for something like a lightbox for videos. Where I can make them smaller and when somebody clicks on them, they get a little pop up, and can view the video full size but they're not directed to YouTube, it happens right on my site.

I found a couple

http://wppluginsj.sourceforge.jp/wp-lightpop/

http://www.puzich.com/wordpress-plugins/lightview

Of course they're in German and Japanese and they both say they can do lightbox with YouTube.

They have lightbox, thickbox, color box etc.

SmartYouTube is a good one. You insert the url not embed code and add to httpv. That way your not leaving the cookie from google.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread