Any GOOD email services?
    HEY guys,
    I wanted to know if anyone out there knows of a GOOD email opt-in service I can use for my campaigns? The one I used 3 times produced no results.I won't say any names,but they are ranked high on google.I paid for 300,000 emails 3 different times for 3 seperate campaigns,got @2,500 clicks and no conversions.Maybe They have outdated lists or robot IP's. I'm ready to try some other email service,any ideas or proven service someone has used would be appreciated.THX ( OF COURSE MY CAMPAIGNS WERE GREAT)

http and a telephoto
    Your best bet is to build your own list. Using someone else's will most likely lead to problems. It is difficult to find true opt-in lists that have good email addresses.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Your best bet is to build your own list
    I agree. And you can use Aweber for this.

I suggest to use the email-m.com - a web based email marketing service provider.
    Last edited by loxly; March 17th, 2010 at 01:38 AM. Reason: removed link drop

May I recommend the god guys at Submit Express. The link takes you to their opt-in service.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire View Post
    The one I used 3 times produced no results.
    If you're buying email blasts like this, keep expecting these kinds of results. They are absolutely frikkin' useless, and that's saying it as nicely as I can muster.

I use Aweber for building my own lists and have never had a problem. I have heard GetResponse are also very good, though I haven't personally used them.

Simply put, save your money and build your own list. You will easily be able to rake in some easy cash providing your promoting the right stuff to the right targeted names. Just as an example, I'm currently making around $2.5K profit/month on just one of my targeted lists of only 2000 people, which has taken me around 9 months to build. I have to admit it's a very high-paying exception in my group of around 10 niche lists, but it should show you what's possible.

Good luck!
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]50% Recurring Commission on SAS! -- Up To $98.50 Per Sale, Per Month![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [B]ALL-NEW[/B] SAS Social Media Marketing Program: [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26086]Join AlphaHype.net NOW![/URL]
    [URL=http://alphahype.net/]AlphaHype website[/URL]. [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=603]ABW dedicated affiliate forum[/URL].

[B]Dani Evans[/B] -- AlphaHype.net Affiliate Program Manager. [B]email:[/B] dani (at) alphahype.net

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    If you're buying email blasts like this, keep expecting these kinds of results. They are absolutely frikkin' useless, and that's saying it as nicely as I can muster.
    And that's the best thing that can happen. Worse is when spam complaints start hitting your host.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

I've been seeing a lot of support here for Aweber. On a totally non-affiliate marketing campaign for a non-profit group I used ConstantContact with great success, ease, support, etc. Anyone have any input as far as ConstantContant and emailing for affiliate marketing? I will be building my own list. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy Rig View Post
    I've been seeing a lot of support here for Aweber. On a totally non-affiliate marketing campaign for a non-profit group I used ConstantContact with great success, ease, support, etc. Anyone have any input as far as ConstantContant and emailing for affiliate marketing? I will be building my own list. Thanks
    I can't say I've ever heard of ConstantContact, but after taking a look at their site their pricing looks good. As long as you've had good results with them in the past and you're comfortable with their future use, I say keep using them!
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]50% Recurring Commission on SAS! -- Up To $98.50 Per Sale, Per Month![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [B]ALL-NEW[/B] SAS Social Media Marketing Program: [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26086]Join AlphaHype.net NOW![/URL]
    [URL=http://alphahype.net/]AlphaHype website[/URL]. [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=603]ABW dedicated affiliate forum[/URL].

[B]Dani Evans[/B] -- AlphaHype.net Affiliate Program Manager. [B]email:[/B] dani (at) alphahype.net

Thanks for looking at their site Dani. Appreciate the thumbs up! Anyone else have experience with them??

I have my own mailing list application so I don't have first person experience with any of the others. But I can tell you that Constant Contact is one of the oldest and biggest, and are well respected, and that they are strict about email lists. Any list that generates a lot of spam complaints will be banned. That is a good policy, and one that they must adhere to, or they would get blocked by major ISPs. My users are all people known to me, and they adhere to my strict policies which I maintain for the same reason.

Bottom line: if your recipients are all opt in contacts who knew what they signed up for, you will be fine, but if you get a list of contacts - even from a personal friend who has a personal distribution he or she is willing to share with you - be very careful. I have techniques I urge my users to employ when sending to a list of contacts given to them. (The list that was banned by Constant Contact came from a professional's own distribution list, not an automated mailing application, and was shared with another professional in the same industry. Everyone's intentions were good, but the list sharing was not handled in the best manner).

If, on the other hand, you buy lists from typical "email list vendors", you can expect them to be banned by Constant Contact because nobody wants their email address sold and messages from unknown companies or individuals will be considered spam by many people. Even a list from a professional organization within the same industry runs that risk, but with care can be used (perhaps not through Constant Contact; I don't know exactly what their criteria are but they are a large company and probably have rules of thumb, rather than looking at each situation individually).
    ---
    Valerie Magee
    [URL=http://mageenet.net]MageeNET[/URL]

Appreciate the post. Exactly what my experience has been. I think their approach is exactly what I am looking for on the business side. My list will be home-grown slowly, with value.

I've been researching email services for the PTA. Constant Contact is OK, but has limits on the number of addresses for the free non-profit accounts. MailChimp is about $30 a month and has a 15% discount for non-profits. VerticalResponse gives non-profits 10,000 emails a month for free and is competitive with MailChimp for regular pricing.
    Brad Waller | VP, Business and Affiliate Development
    EPage.com

I have used MailChimp, Constant Contact and a few others. The best program I have found so far is Razer Global. They have the ability to run your own emails up to 10K each month or they will run them for you. They also set up your campaigns to run your auto responders.
    Something else that I have found to be very helpful is they have a deal where your landing pages are built and you can edit them in real time as often as you want. This has been great to change up some of my campaigns.

Third party files with most of these companies will always be a problem, but I think Razer either offer opt in lead files or they run some type of scrub??? not sure on that- ask them.

Good Luck

Smart idea here is not to use generated lists as users above explained. No results of course. I suggest using StreamSend. Two reasons... it will take you long time to generate your own list and this is a low cost option and second you can reuse and refresh your sending IP for whitelisting bases. What you buy for thousands of dollars with BlueHornet and other you get there for virtually less than $50. Either way, email marketing is a long process with carefull segmentation in order to be really succcesful. We do about 80K of our own opt-in email program and conversions are low but depend highly on WHEN you send it. By when I mean Holiday timing, Hourly timing and Day of the week. We usually see conversions after 3rd day of an email blast.

I believe in high quality targeted marketing vs untargeted crap. Building your own list takes lots of time but it will be the most profitable time & time again. It is far better to get in front of a quality group that is not being blasted by junk 100 times a day. There really isn't an effective quick solution to this quality takes time IMO. Good luck with all your efforts!

Outsourced Program Manager Troy J - JRami's Avatar
    I don't know how list-selling services are even still in business. The lists are almost always untargeted garbage.

It would be better to build your own list. 1,000 highly targeted prospects are better than 10,000 crap prospects.

Also, I use AWeber. It serves it's purpose well and is the easiest to use in my opinion.
    Troy J Foss, Affiliate Manager
    [URL="http://www.bnbtobacco.com"]BnBTobacco[/URL] (affiliates/at/bnbtobacco.com) | [URL="http://kelleyfurniture.com"]KelleyFurniture[/URL] (troy/at/shopimar.com)

I'll put in another vote for AWeber. I have a small list so far but it is working like it should for me. And, the price is right.
    Dr. Marie runs an [URL="http://www.askavetquestion.com"]online vet advice[/URL] site which offers [COLOR=RED]25% commission[/COLOR] to all affiliates.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Constant Contact is good.

Try checking out iContact too. I have used them and they do a good job in delivery with a good rate. icontact.com

Affiliate Manager
    Then there's always VerticalResponse of course
    [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"]Partner with VerticalResponse and earn up to $125 per sale! [URL="http://bit.ly/itF4W2"][U]Apply Now[/U][/URL].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

One of my friend was asking me about doing email marketing for his offline business. Although his business does not have any online activities nor online presence, is it possible to utilize email marketing for better business?

Affiliate Manager
    Rozanne - Absolutely! What better way to keep your customer base informed about store happenings, new items, events or activities. If you don't have a website, this is a great resource for them and reminder of your existence so they think of you first.
    [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"]Partner with VerticalResponse and earn up to $125 per sale! [URL="http://bit.ly/itF4W2"][U]Apply Now[/U][/URL].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread