Anyone Know of a Free Linkchecker?
    I'm looking for a program that will check links on my sites and list any that are bad. Anyone know of a free program that will do it?

Thanks
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Leann, are your sites static or do you use a CMS? I use Drupal and there is a link-checker module that I have installed. It checks the links every time a cronjob runs/once a day depending on settings.

Quote Originally Posted by lintlin
    Leann, are your sites static or do you use a CMS? I use Drupal and there is a link-checker module that I have installed. It checks the links every time a cronjob runs/once a day depending on settings.
    I wish I was smart enough to answer this question I have different sites developed by different people. I write articles on some w/ embedded links..run deals and coupons on others. All I do is basic html coding and paste it into whatever template is in front of me. Some articles are pretty old and it takes forever to check the links. I was hoping to be able to find something that I could paste urls into and have it check out the links -- or the entire sites' urls.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

15 years and counting
    Xenu is pretty good. A link checker will click all your links. It could be bad for your stats if you have thousand of links for the same merchant. Some of them may not appreciate.

I've also used Xenu to check links periodically for some of my directory sites. But I'll also echo the concern that programs like these can wreak havoc on your statistics if these "clicks" aren't properly excluded from counting by the affiliate network or merchants. And take care in configuring Xenu and interpreting its results.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Xenu is pretty good. A link checker will click all your links. It could be bad for your stats if you have thousand of links for the same merchant. Some of them may not appreciate.
    Hmmm.. hadn't thought of that!
    leeann

I have used Xenu in the past on pc now I can't since it doesn't work with mac.

How bout this one: http://validator.w3.org/checklink

Are just looking for 404 links? Webmaster Tools also tells you if you have any 404s, robots restricts, etc.

I downloaded Xenu and it seems to be working just like I had hoped.
    leeann

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread