No Commission on Kindle book sales?
    Does anyone know why a Kindle purchase was not credited with a commission?

A user went through one of my sites and clicked through to Amazon, ended up purchasing 4 Kindle books, but my report says "Referral-Fee Rate" of 0%?

I think they stopped paying comissions on Kindle books. There was another post about it somewhere on here.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Brilliant, maybe they should have updated their Help Section.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...ssoc_help_main

Couldn't find a post here (maybe I was thinking about some iTunes changes), but here it is on Amazon's site:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...ing/exclusions
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Mike!... now I feel like a fool!

The documentation seems to be contradictory... from your link.. I see this
    "The following are Excluded Products:

* any product or service sold on a site linked to from the Amazon Site (e.g., a product or service listed through our “Product Ads” program or sold on a site linked to from a banner ad, sponsored link, or other link displayed on the Amazon Site);
    * any wireless service plan offered through the Amazon Site and not sold or fulfilled by us;
    * any gift card that is not redeemable on the Amazon Site; or
    * Kindle Books and any other digital products or services sold on the Amazon Site other than those Products included in the definition of “Digital Products”.
    "

However the link that they refer to says this
    "The purpose of the Program is to permit you to advertise Products on your site (defined in Section 2) and to earn advertising fees for Qualifying Purchases (defined in Section 7) made by your end users. A “Product” is any item sold on the Amazon Site, including Digital Products, other than any product that is (a) listed on this page (collectively, “Excluded Products”) or (b) sold by a merchant listed on this page (collectively, “Excluded Merchants”). Product may also include certain services, if any, expressly included on the Associates Program Advertising Fee Schedule. “Digital Products” means those Products sold under the names “Kindle Newspapers,” “Kindle Blogs,” “Kindle Magazines,” “Amazon MP3,” “Amazon Shorts,” “eDocs,” “Amazon Video On Demand,” and “Amazon Software Downloads.” In order to facilitate your advertisement of Products, we may make available to you data, images, text, link formats, widgets, links, and other linking tools, and other information in connection with the Program (“Content”). Content specifically excludes, and you will not in connection with the Program display on your site or otherwise use, any data, images, text, or other information or content relating to Excluded Merchants, products offered by Excluded Merchants, and products offered on any site other than the Amazon Site. "

Last I checked I recently got paid on an MP3 download and on a digital download for a game console.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I'm confused - are we or are we not getting paid for digital downloads? Anyone know for sure?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Rexanne, I wish I knew.

Thus far, It would appear that i've been paid for MP3 downloads and digital point cards, but not for Kindle eBooks, but those are the only 3 types of digital products I've sold thus far.

MP3 download - .99 sale .10 commission
    Kindle ebooks -24.26 sale, 0 commssion.
    Great deal for Amazon.

I didn't know that there were no more commissions for Kindle sales

Amazon is still paying commissions for sales of k indle readers, they quit paying for k indle e_books nearly a year ago.

It seems a little misleading by them... I guess I need to take down my Kindle search widget! Thanks all.

According to their blog, they pay for kindle, but not the formatted books. One tricky thing, I've read they show these books in the widgets like omakase. So no commission for those.
    affiliate-blog.amazon.com/2009/05/announcing-the-kindle-dx-amazons-new-addition-to-the-kindle-family.html

ABW Ambassador
    That sucks, they should pay for those too.

I login and click Product Links and Link to Best Selling Products by Category, filter by Kindle Store and they have product links for items (those books) they don't pay out on.

Moderator Note: Thread title updated to reflect that it's Kindle BOOKS that don't earn commissions.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

and interestingly, barnes and noble does not pay on sales of the nook, but they do pay on the purchase of e-books. i'm guessing they are not compatible technologies?

ABW Ambassador
    There was another thread pointing this out, no responses, so I figure I would put it here. They now pay as of last month, May 1 -

"Amazon is excited to announce that effective May 1, 2010, you can earn advertising fees on Kindle books. Also effective May 1, 2010, Kindle devices have a new advertising fee. Kindle devices will be included in the “General Products” category and are eligible for 4 to 8.5% in advertising fees depending on the number of qualifying products you refer. Kindle accessories, newspapers, magazines, blogs, and other subscriptions will also be included in the "General Products" category. "

I am sure that this decision was made without any consideration of the ipad.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    i am sure that this decision was made without any consideration of the ipad.
    +1

19. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread