Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Smile Google "No Attachments" Note
    Saw a strange but helpful message pop up on my Google email today, I had the copy "find attached" in the email and google popped a message when I clicked send that said "You have the text "find attached" in the email but have no attachments, do you mean to send" or words to that effect. Nice helper considering how many times people forget to attach stuff

Anyone else seen this or have I been targeted as a forgetful attachment person

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    That is a cool feature, not seen that one yet.

I have sent many e-mails where I have forgotten to attach the attachment

I agree that this is an incredibly useful concept; I wish my email client did the same thing, as I have frequently forgotten to attach a file (usually I notice immediately and then have to send an embarrassing "oops" email with the attachment -- sometimes I don't notice until the recipient alerts me to the mistake).

It should also serve as a reminder that Google and other service providers have scripts that are reading our emails (mostly to display context-sensitive advertising, and to alert us to potential mistakes or problems). Some paranoid or cynical people might worry about other reasons.

Would it be okay if Google had a Gmail script that would send up a red flag (perhaps even notifying the US Department of Homeland Security) if someone sent or received an email that "sounded like" a plan for a terrorist attack? If we think that's okay, where should the line be drawn?

ABW Ambassador
    Nice that they're reading our emails for us, catch any mistakes. -sarcasm-

Is that a standard feature or a Labs add-on? Mine does that, but I specially chose the option in Gmail Labs.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Nice that they're reading our emails for us, catch any mistakes. -sarcasm-

I would comment, but my NY resolution is to not bash the Goog.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Is that a standard feature or a Labs add-on? Mine does that, but I specially chose the option in Gmail Labs.

I don't remember turning it on, but may have.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Thunderbird does it too if you prefer to do your email not in the cloud.

tested... attachment feature doesn't work here :'(
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Craig Stephen[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://Logoinn.com/affiliate-program"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"][B][SIZE="1"]Logoinn.com[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://Logodesign247.com"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][URL="http://www.logodesign247.com/affiliate/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logodesign247.com[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE]
    [EMAIL="affiliate@logoinn.com"][SIZE="2"]Contact Us[/SIZE][/EMAIL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=30741"][COLOR="Black"]Full [B]PPC[/B] Allowed / [B]30%[/B] flat commission / Unlimited Cookies [/COLOR][[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logo Design[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]24/7[/B][/COLOR]][/URL][/SIZE]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread