Ok I just open my email and I am a bit confused about what to do maybe some insight from others. I have a site that is #1 in yahoo and msn(I have googlebot banned who needs them)anyway I am getting flooded with emails from people that want to advertise on my site. Now my question is should I do it? It will take away from my parasite free affiliate links I am sure even though it is for different products than I have on the site, How would I charge them, how to keep track my questions are endless since I have never thought about such a thing.
    Thanks Vinny

Colorado River, Bullhead City AZ
    I suggest you either install a banner tracking program and charge pay per click or have them sign up with share a sale.

far far away....
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Poopie Nubert:
    I suggest you either install a banner tracking program and charge pay per click or have them sign up with share a sale. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree...

I use adcycle for my banners... well worth the cost..

that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Central/Western NY State
    or they can pay for banner development and you can charge them a flat fee per time period for pure exposure.

You can do all the ideas posted here or charge a fee for the same type of listings you use for your other stores. ( if you run a mall that is ).

I'm getting similar emails too.
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

I hate to do this BUT the advice you received above it terrible.

I get those emails daily.

I review them as I do any normal business offer; dependent of viewing the website is how I respond.

Do not simply toss these people in a banner program, what a waste of MONEY Making Opportunity.

So here goes….

1. Review the site offering.
    2. Consider its ramification to your site.
    3. Set a value in relation to what you can offer the potential client.
    4. Set a policy on the terms you require the merchant to abide by.

Now the fun part…

There are some merchants that pay me a simple $20.00 - $400.00 a month for a page concerning their product and a link back to their site.

In essence I create a page add the link and forget about them, unless I do not get my $20.00 - $400.00 a month check.

Say the client only wants a link!
    Explain a page is better, blah, blah, blah sell him a page! WORK IT BABY!

Say the client is adamant they only want a link!!!!!
    Fine------ sell him a link in a high visibility area at a rate you both can live with.

SCREW the banner nonsense, if they wanted banner visibility they would have gone to a program…

I hope my advice helps, most people think obtaining only $20.00 a month is nothing. It’s my preference to always maintain REGUALR income as opposed to the MAYBE affiliate market income, which fluctuates to drastically for my taste.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread