The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I'm In the Hole at Linkshare
    Logged in and saw [-430.04] from 3454 NutriSystem

My last correspondence with them was from 2005, so it can't be a recent sale or deduction

So I submit an online Help request

I asked why I was deducted, and their automated response was:

Do These Answers Help?
    successWe've found some answers in our knowledge base that might help
    to answer your article:

1. Advertisers Enabled for Deep Links
    Here are the Advertisers currently enabled for Deep Links. MID
    Advertisers 24940 123 ...
    2. LinkShare Publisher Newsletter - January 2010
    3. How much revenue can I earn?
    The best way to find out how much you’ll earn is to sign up,
    start joining advertisers ...
    4. Affiliate Network Quick Start Guide
    Quick Start Guide 1. Build Your Site One of the most important
    aspects of a Web site is t ...
    5. Publisher Membership Agreement
    This is the Publisher Membership Agreement that will govern your
    participation on this LinkShar ...
    No! They're not even in the same ballbark as my question!

The next day I get the automated "We rec'd your email" email

Just got their response:

I am showing that the advertiser, NutriSystem placed a hold on the commissions you earned from them. Please contact the advertiser directly for any questions you may have on this:
    Email Address : khall1-at-nutrisystem . com
    Contact Name : Keith Hall
    Contact Title : Partnership And Affiliate Marketing Manager
    That's it??? There's no phone number for LS on the email. No "If this doesn't answer your question, forward this to such and such"

So I call LS

Spoke with John "I don't give my last name"... I asked for instructions to find any Nutrisystem sale in the reporting area.

He said since I'm not a Nutrisystem affiliate anymore, I don't have access to that report

John said he could see 2 small sales from several years ago - but they don't add up to anything like $430!!!

Well??

That's where I left off.

I'm being deducted $430 on a sale or sales no one can tell me I made, for a merchant I'm not an affiliate of.

What a business

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    I'm being deducted $430 on a sale or sales no one can tell me I made, for a merchant I'm not an affiliate of.

What a business
    Sorry to hear that.

'Business'. I think 'racket' is a better term. They have you over a barrel with virtually no path to recovery. It's things like this that made me hang up my hat on AM for good. (Go to the IC and see what GAN did to me.)I was going to give my sites to friends, decided to sell them instead. I wouldn't wish this 'business' on any of my friends or family.

Frustrating as hell isn't it? You just want to reach through the monitor or phone and choke the living crap outta someone who really does deserve it. Been there, recently. Finally decided to not let it bother me any more. Just wrote it off and laughed it off at the same time, gave it to someone else to worry about.

They are a waste of space.

Since parting company with Linkshare my hair is starting to grow back.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    It doesn't even begin to make sense. The reversal window for merchants is limited to 30 days on LinkShare, unless they put a commission on hold, in which case the commission isn't paid out in the first place. And as the merchant is no longer on LinkShare...it's somewhat incredible that the reversals are now being done. Certainly the true facts are far from what you're being told Billy.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

At least you can say you lost with Nutrisystem! Not weight but something!
    Nutrisystem is still at Linkshare.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Nutrisystem is still at Linkshare.
    That being the case it seems that Linkshare are granting some rather ridiculous allowances to a merchant.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I was told:

1. Nutrisystem accidentally paid me $430 in November. Realized it was a "Processing Error" and then canceled it the same month. (I never got any money)

2. Last month they forgot they they canceled/deducted, so they deducted me a second time, leaving me a negative $430

3. It will be straightened out on their March billing, and I will be at zero

Bothers the hec out of me that the network and merchant does all this behind our backs. It was a fluke that I even logged into LS... no less went to LinkSynergy and found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    I was told:

1. Nutrisystem accidentally paid me $430 in November. Realized it was a "Processing Error" and then canceled it the same month. (I never got any money)

2. Last month they forgot they they canceled/deducted, so they deducted me a second time, leaving me a negative $430

3. It will be straightened out on their March billing, and I will be at zero

Bothers the hec out of me that the network and merchant does all this behind our backs. It was a fluke that I even logged into LS... no less went to LinkSynergy and found it.

Great to hear it was sorted out, like you said, if you hadn't checked you may never have known and it would have been cutting into your other network earnings down the line.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Glad to hear everything worked out good. It would be a shame to see this actually happen.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Mama mia!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Billy, speaking of which I'm pretty sure you owe me like five grand. Seriously, just send a blank check over, and I'll figure out how much I can ge- errr.... how much needs to be deducted from your checking account.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Just makes me wonder if merchants at any time could "take back" money from our accounts even if they aren't entitled to anything. Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld View Post
    Just makes me wonder if merchants at any time could "take back" money from our accounts even if they aren't entitled to anything. Scary.
    Direct deposits facilitate garnishment [i.e. your account could be "frozen"] but I don't think it would be easy for an online/ecommerce merchant to have direct access to your account without a court order, subpoena, discovery or other legal process.
    Last edited by Rhia7; September 8th, 2010 at 02:35 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

This seems a serious error, contact someone higher up to fix this, $430 for a phantom sale is no joke

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread