I've joined a few new merchants in the last couple weeks. Quite frankly, I am shocked at the number of typos, spelling mistakes and words missing/too many words on these merchants' websites.

I can live with a few mistakes here and there, but when there are too many, it turns me off and I just leave the site. How many others are like this? Or do typos and other mistakes on websites not bother you at all?

Curious to know how much it impacts sales...

Catwoman

Kiss of death, for a return visit. Sloppy spelling = sloppy coding. An occasional word is Ok, as its usually a typo.

Proof read, proof read, proof read, and then when you think its correct, proof read again.
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

Catwoman, I hope we are not oe of those!

ABW Ambassador
    Ian:

Now THAT is humer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ian @ eyiproducts.com:
    Catwoman, I hope we are not oe of those! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SomethingStore.com - Surprise and Delight!

Catwoman,

I'm the same way. I've seen so many gorgeous sites, that were beautifully done, with great use of color, very original and organized, etc., yet the glaring typos and punctuation errors ruin an otherwise excellent site.

I feel like if they're that sloppy expressing themselves, and they don't check for errors, they're sloppy in other areas as well, and I don't trust them.

I horrify myself sometimes when I go back and see typos I've made, or when I've changed my thoughts in the middle of a sentence and the sentence no longer makes sense, because I didn't go back far enough to clean it up. I do eventually go back and correct everything I find on my sites. Of course, you can't change old posts you've made, but I probably would if I could.

I think taking the time to properly punctuate and spell shows the reader that you respect them enough to try to be correct.

I especially want to scream when I see "your" and "you're" misused. Or, "their" and "they're" And when people try to use big words that are out of context in the sentence.

Nit picky, perhaps. But everyone has a different button to push.

Andy

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
    "Of course, you can't change old posts you've made, but I probably would if I could."
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Andy,

Yes you can, I had fixed some of my old post and deleted a couple.

Since the new version of ABW, now anyone can go back and fix their own past mistakes, even delete an old thread if no body has replyed to it.

The editing of your own post is no longer time dependent.( Try it)

Sal.

When you consider how many people out there can't spell in any case, I guess the typos on some sites are not even picked up. Hell I've even seen some horrendous spelling mistakes here at ABW - not only from members, but affiliate managers as well.

Hye,

Some of su aer Dyslexic...

Has the world lost all sympathy?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread