Question Link Cloaking, Commission Junction and Adsense
    Hello, Everyone!

I'm new here, and I am new to affiliate marketing. I wasn't sure where to post this so I decided to give this area a shot! I have just started a new blog website, and I have added Adsense to it. One of its TOS rules is "no link cloaking or other sneaky redirects."

However, Commission Junction gives me the option to hide a tracking code in the link and/or to encrypt the link. Is this considered "link cloaking or a sneaky redirect?" I don't want to get banned by adsense so early in my affiliate career!

Also, it sounds like link redirection, protection and cloaking is supposed to be something I should seriously consider. However, if I use adsense to monetize my site along with my affiliate products, should I not cloak it?

Thanks for any insight in advance guys!

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    You are ok to use link cloaking on your other affiliate links. Google is referring to their links. As long as you are not trying to rip off adsense you will be good.
    [URL=""][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL=""][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Salt Lake City
    When in doubt it is always best to email the program manager.

First of all, thanks for the replies! I'm always paranoid when I participate in a forum for the first time that everyone will ignore me. I'm glad that didn't happen here. : )

Thanks, for the info, Paradigm. I guess I was confused. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong. I've read about people being banned from adsense for life, and I didn't want that to happen to me.

Someone had asked a similar question in the google adsense help forums, but no one had replied. I am glad to have received clarification here.

Thanks, Rawmix, I called Commission Junction, and I was told that the encryption and hidden tracking code was not related to link cloaking at all, and I should be fine.

I look forward to learning from everyone at ABW by reading old posts and participating in new ones.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread