http and a telephoto
    Since adding datafeeds to LinksSql and using the jump.cgi to mask the links, I am having increased sales across the board. I have had Joann.com links on my crafts site for 2 years with NO sales (text links, small banners and links to sales and specials) and since moving the links to LinksSql, I have had several sales. Same thing with another craft merchant.

CJ datafeed merchants are kicking BeFree datafeed merchants butts too... And BeFree merchant feeds have been up and indexed longer...

Unfortunately my WebMerge built sites aren't performing at all, but in fairness, they are all BeFree merchants... that aren't performing in LinksSql either. The ONLY BeFree merchant sales I have had this year have been through PSC generated links, and there have only been a couple.

Indies still out perform all networks... but I have been promoting the indies longer in most cases.

Just thought these were interesting to note.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I have read a few things about those jump script but
    I never really bothered until now...

I assume the redirect being done is a permanent redirect?

I was also wondering how Google looks at this,
    or do most people put that jump script
    in a folder that is excluded with robots.txt ?

Thanks,
    Breezing

http and a telephoto
    Someone else can explain this better most likely, but the script I use is part of a links directory and it uses the database to send the surfer to the site clicked on. If you change the database entry, you change the link destination. So it is not a permanant redirect, it is a dynamic redirect? I don't consider it a redirect at all actually.

The links get spidered and listed in Google as is, I discovered this while doing a search for my site links in Google. They look like: domainname.com/jump.cgi?database-link-number or something like that.

The point is, the links do not get blocked by ad blocking software. I don't know if it helps with parasites, most likely not, but maybe.

I am using the jump script as part of a whole solution, not a piece added to existing html datafeed sites.
    Deborah Carney

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loxly:
    The links get spidered and listed in Google as is, I discovered this while doing a search for my site links in Google. They look like: domainname.com/jump.cgi?database-link-number or something like that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Loxly, I've done this with some links to art.com and they are now showing in google. I worry google will see my page as a doorway page and hurt my ranking. I wonder this because my entry in the index is all based on the art.com page not mine and when you click on the link it takes you directly to the art.com page. Any thoughts?

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by babeskidoodle:
    Loxly, I've done this with some links to art.com and they are now showing in google. I worry google will see my page as a doorway page and hurt my ranking. I wonder this because my entry in the index is all based on the art.com page not mine and when you click on the link it takes you directly to the art.com page. Any thoughts? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is easy to fix. Instead of having domainname.com/jump.cgi?number have domainname.com/go/jump.cgi?number.

Then add this to your robots.txt file:
    User-agent: *
    Disallow: /go/

Bots and spiders that respect the robots.txt file won't follow the link
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

http and a telephoto
    Why would you disallow the links? They are showing up in search engines and this is a GOOD thing, isn't it?

And no, I don't think that the SE's will treat your site as a doorway page. You have content around those links right?
    Deborah Carney

The problem with allowing the search engine to index those links is that they may count as a click when the bot comes across the link and goes to the destination url.

I'm thinking this is why some people have 1000's of clicks and no sales lately (not all of them, mind you.) I would rather have a true picture of how many clicks I am sending to a merchant.

That, and even though the links are indexed, is anyone finding them in a search? Just because your indexed, doesn't mean anyone will find those links in a search engine and click on them. Last I heard, content and keywords on a webpage are what gets referrals from the search engines.

Just my opinion though.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

http and a telephoto
    They do come up in searches, so I am pleased that they are indexed. And I don't pay attention to clicks to sales ratios, I would rather have the links where people can find them. This kind of spider bite I don't mind
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    If I have a linke like
    domainname.com/jump.cgi?number

this number will provide the qksrv link. But what is with cj.com tracking. will clicks be recorded?

carneol

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread