Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    WP Gallery Question
    I use many photos in my posts and sometimes use the gallery view as well as individual images.

Often I will upload 3 or 4 large images I want displayed and 7-8 small images for a gallery.

Wordpress always puts all the images in the gallery. I cannot figure out how to delete the 3 or 4 from the gallery and still have them insert into the post but not in the gallery view.

Help!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    You might want to try the NextGEN photo plugin - you can create separate galleries and choose which one you want.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    You might want to try the NextGEN photo plugin - you can create separate galleries and choose which one you want.
    Are you using that? I haven't tried that yet, and I guess I need to. I have been keeping my images separate from my blog and linking to the images using a regular old img tag.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I'm going to be following this thread. I have a lot of sites based on a WP install and am getting to the point of wanting to include a lot of images on some new stuff.

Now that there is a great app for iPhone I want to create an "iPhone" site for Ocean City, MD. I already have the domain - iOceanCity.com (nothing there "yet") - but don't know exactly what I want to do with the images. I can't see creating a post for every photo op - but I can envision one post about a trip to a water-park with a couple of images - and then adding a small gallery of images to go with it. The "post with 2 images" would be done directly from the iPhone, but the rest I'm not sure about.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this one, but I know that there are several different plugins for galleries that might work differently so perhaps you could use one of them to create your gallery view instead of the default gallery.
    I show my galleries on site with an RSS import script (from the sites where I sell my work) and link in posts so I rarely use the internal media features.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Are you using that? I haven't tried that yet, and I guess I need to. I have been keeping my images separate from my blog and linking to the images using a regular old img tag.
    Yes, I have used it on one blog that I set up for someone. It is great for photo galleries. My only complaint is that when you click on a photo it is not apparent on how to close the enlarged photo - you need to click on the photo. There is also another option for viewing where you click on an X to close the viewer. Not major obstacles - I just added a short instruction on the photo page.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread