can anyone help me answer a couple of questions
    Hi,

I was using cj for about 6 months and had to stop my affiliate work for personal reasons, i restarted my account and noticed cj does not have keyword links available anymore. Previously i used direct linking with a couple of advertisers who allow this. My first question i would like to ask is, will sales still be credited if i use the text link in the destination url or just copy the http with my cj # and not use the rest of the link.

Second I have searched high and low to find out what the sid is for, what it's function is.

If anyone can help me clarify these questions if would be a tremendous benefit and truly grateful.

thank you

ABW Ambassador
    You just need - http: //www. xxxxxxx.com/click-88888888-7777777777

The keyword link is one of those things that confused a lot of people. You basically can use any text link you want for direct linking.

The sid is just something you can use to help you see where the sales are coming from. As an example, I have a merchant I'm using on one site. I have them on the home page, a category page and some other pages. I can give each link on those different pages, different sids, so I know exactly what page the sale is coming from.

I think they eliminated the keyword links.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    You just need - http: //www. xxxxxxx.com/click-88888888-7777777777

The keyword link is one of those things that confused a lot of people. You basically can use any text link you want for direct linking.

The sid is just something you can use to help you see where the sales are coming from. As an example, I have a merchant I'm using on one site. I have them on the home page, a category page and some other pages. I can give each link on those different pages, different sids, so I know exactly what page the sale is coming from.
    Trust,
    So you are saying we can use http: //www. xxxxxxx.com/click-88888888-7777777777 for any CJ merchant even if they don't support deep linking?

Also, xxxxxx means any one of these (anrdoezrs, jdoqocy, dpbolvw )?

I always question if deep linking actually works

ABW Ambassador
    That was more just the part of the link you need to direct link to a merchant (of course make sure they allow it), that's for any merchant, even if they don't support deep linking. But you have to check where the link actually goes and if it's going where you want it to. Some merchants allow you to pick destination urls, some don't.

"Also, xxxxxx means any one of these (anrdoezrs, jdoqocy, dpbolvw )?"

Yep.

sid/direct linking. Thank you
    Hi,

Thanks a tone for those responses guys. Direct linking sorted out. Trust, your right I always make sure the merchant allows direct linking, not interested in cheating anyone or being sneaking.

I mentioned I was restarting my affiliate program, so I ran a quick test, I figure that i could just put a number or letter in the sid to track which link made the sale, so i logged on to my adwords acc. and added a new link with a sid.

I clicked on it my self because I,m not fully up and running yet, these clicks do get recorded with cj, but when i checked the clicks I could not find on cj's platform where it shows you which link it was.

Any Ideas.

Thanks Again

lam1

Quote Originally Posted by lam1
    Hi,

Thanks a tone for those responses guys. Direct linking sorted out. Trust, your right I always make sure the merchant allows direct linking, not interested in cheating anyone or being sneaking.

I mentioned I was restarting my affiliate program, so I ran a quick test, I figure that i could just put a number or letter in the sid to track which link made the sale, so i logged on to my adwords acc. and added a new link with a sid.

I clicked on it my self because I,m not fully up and running yet, these clicks do get recorded with cj, but when i checked the clicks I could not find on cj's platform where it shows you which link it was.

Any Ideas.

Thanks Again

lam1
    I was under the impression that the SID was only used on sales. Can it used to track clicks?

Quote Originally Posted by vicjg
    I was under the impression that the SID was only used on sales. Can it used to track clicks?

vicjg,

yeah, I checked on past sales and still could not locate a reference to which link the sale came from.

Perhaps when I make a new sale using a sid I will find out then.

Thank

Quote Originally Posted by lam1
    vicjg,

yeah, I checked on past sales and still could not locate a reference to which link the sale came from.

Perhaps when I make a new sale using a sid I will find out then.

Thank
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    That was more just the part of the link you need to direct link to a merchant (of course make sure they allow it), that's for any merchant, even if they don't support deep linking. But you have to check where the link actually goes and if it's going where you want it to. Some merchants allow you to pick destination urls, some don't.

"Also, xxxxxx means any one of these (anrdoezrs, jdoqocy, dpbolvw )?"

Yep.
    Thanks Trust. I always find your posts helpful.

One thing I am not sure about is I can't find anywhere that says merchant x does not support deep linking or does support deep linking. I always have to test. Is there an easier way to find this?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread