Ok im ready to get a laptop... im in canada so concious of exchange rate ... lol... will buy through someones affiliate link if you can provide the best deal!!

My budget is around $1000 canadian.. The cheaper I can get it the better!, will take refurbished or new. post your prices. links and ill check them out... maybe you will be the lucky winner of a fresh commission today

ABW Ambassador
    I'll probably get slid up a flagpole by the ABW lynch mob for saying it here but Overstock.com is probably your best bet for the price you mention.

This one is a good buy: http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....PROD_ID=668308

One tip: a wireless mouse to go with your laptop is an absolute MUST. These run about $20 to $30 usually. The cursor control devices that are built into laptops are not a pleasant experience.

Dell's prices cannot be beat if you customize your system to meet your budget. And Dell gear rocks! www.dell.ca
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    could look over

Tiger direct.ca
    or Radio Shack Canada

NCIX
    These are all canadian

Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    Smile
    I would have to agree overstock has amazing prices. If you want you can check out our laptop section at our overstock affiliate store at www.wtelectronics.com . I let out one of my affiliate URL's so I figure that deserves a sale right!?

Tried Ebay?
    I just bought a nice Centrino M for under $700. I'm used to paying double that whenever I buy laptops so finding this on Ebay was great.
    (just make sure the seller has a trustable ranking)

I would have to second the Dell suggestion. Overstock is usually a good buy, but their laptops are a bit overpriced and outdated. You can usually find a more up to date laptop from Dell for less. I'm not sure how the .ca side is, but Dell Home regularly offers some great coupons (sometimes for up to 50% off).

Ebay is another good place to check.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I just bought my daughter a new laptop - Office Depot - were running $300 rebate - Toshiba laptop for $499 net. Doesn't help you - but I'm posting because my daughter was all ho-hum about the laptop, but she LOVED the mini-mouse I bought for her to use. We've grown to dislike wireless mice - batteries, jerky, interference, etc - this little kensington mini-mouse (wired, not wireless) is "so cute I could scream" (her words). The little mini mouse works great and the auto retracting double-unwind cord works really well - zips into itself with a flick of the cord (but never by accident) - packs nice and super small for travel.

No aff link - but give the new wired mini-mouse a try if you're traveling with the laptop (travelling situations are when a wireless seems to be worst).
    http://www.kensington.com/html/4397.html

And when will manufacturers learn to put an object in the darn artwork!!! You cannot appreciate how small this thing is cuz there's nothing else in their literature photos. Even though small, my man hands used it with ease - look ma, no cramps.

And my daughter shows all her friends the mini mouse - and hardly mentions the cool laptop dad bought her... maybe I shoulda just got her the mouse only...

Quote Originally Posted by hellojello134
    I would have to agree overstock has amazing prices. If you want you can check out our laptop section at our overstock affiliate store at www.wtelectronics.com . I let out one of my affiliate URL's so I figure that deserves a sale right!?
    Hi hellojello134,

I think that by now, one year later, probably Lasthope has already found a best deal on a laptop.

Sal.

And the dell coupons are hit and miss - sometimes, the deals are shockingly good! If you have the time, troll for them every day for 2-3 weeks...

And you know that Andy Rodriguez article discussed here - about custom pricing - I wonder how you can access Dell and let them know you're the poorest person in Canada... maybe visit dell from a library computer... maybe sign up for alerts at dell outlet - let them know you're a bargain shopper... figure out how to get customized pricing by dressing as a pauper...

For q-pons.... coopons.... kewpans... I like to check flamingo world - I'm sure there's a lot of great coupons sites - but it seems to me that FW is always updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    I think that by now, one year later, probably Lasthope has already found a best deal on a laptop.
    Maybe not, he is Canadian... takes a while to find good deals on laptops there... bahahahaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    hehehehe hey - you never know!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Buying the right notebook allows one to use it for 2 years and recover 90% of the purchase price by reselling it to friends. The smaller lightweight road warrior notebooks from IBM are hands down the cheapest to OWN when you look at them from a resale viewpoint. I'm a believer in Thinkpads due to nice screens and nice keyboards. EcomCity.com recommends Overstocks selection of low cost T23 IBM.s The best IBM buys would be finding a X-series model with the media slice option and buy the extra memory to bring the X-series to 512MB.

Perfect choice would be the X30 Thinkpad, 512MB ram with media slice option, 40 BG HD weighing in at 3.6 lbs. The thin attachable media slice has universal drive bay for DVD-rom, extra battery and instant desktop attachment of all types of perpherials (monitor,KB,mouse, Broadband connections) and takes the travel weight to 5.2 lbs and whopping 8.5 hours of battery life. Bonus is thin X30 fits right into normal briefcase, folio case or shoulder bag taking your off the airport/Hotel thieves radar.

Told a client yesterday to buy one listed at IBM used equipment site with media slice, extra 256MB ram, DVD-rom option for 823.00 with free ground freight. My client can use it for 2 years and automatically sell it without a regret to his best buddy or stranger for 1000.00 and buy anothe rused/refurb X-series with thta money. No one should spend more then 100.00 for 2 years of use with a ultra-lite IBM notebook....if they buy the older models and not blow 3000.00 on the newest one.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    ...with the media slice option...
    What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    buy one listed at IBM used equipment site
    URL?

Internet Cowboy
    Dell is a good buy unless you need help afterward. Their support is about the worst I have ever experienced. Not to sound mean, but talking to a support person who is half way around the world who I can barely understand who's name is "George Washington" really turns me off!
    I guess most companies are outsourcing their support these days and I think that is about the largest insult they can deal their customers.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Google the X30 media slice.. http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...30+media+slice

TD info ... http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...7&sku=T70-1648

IBM Price went up to 919.00 today after my client bought one yesterday for 823.00...
    http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/st...catalogId=-840
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

It sure would be nice to have a VBulletin hack that tells people when they're responding to an old message. I totally missed that this was an old post, too. I don't like the idea of auto-closing messages since it's sometimes useful to revisit old topics, but then you have threads like this. Perhaps an even simpler mod: Autoclose after so many days of inactivity, then have the ability for people to easily request that a mod re-open threads?

As for Dell's customer service, I was actually pleasantly surprised the first time I had to use it. While waiting for me to reboot, the rep asked me how the weather was. I told him it was probably similar to there (since I'm only a few hours from Austin, Dell's HQ) and asked "You are in Austin, aren't you?". When he told me he was in India, I was surprised. He had perfect English and was very knowledgeable.

The WSO guys have also really changed my views on outsourcing to other countries. They understand business concepts, technology, affiliate marketing, and customer support as well as any US-based affiliate manager I've ever talked to.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    HAHA! I feel like an idiot! It was late and I found the thread under similiar threads and I saw it said June 2nd ... but i missed the whole 2004!

Good times

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread