Googel censoring my surfing in Firefox (for my own safety)
    Hey Yall

google just crossed the line in my mind, when i tried to visit a URL created in a recent hack of my server. I had the mess cleaned up in under 2 hours, but due to a warning levied by google I can not access the URL in question...not even to verify it's clean.

firefox=http://www.google.com/search+URL in question, not a default firefox page

Exploder = Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Opera = characters that are not valid in the location they are found.

Just how deep are Google's hooks in Firefox, because after detailing each IP address that hit the page in question.....google is not listed. It was easy enough to visit the link provided to request the warning be removed, but how did they know and why did they censor my surfing?

firefox=http://www.google.com/search+URL in question, not a default firefox page

Exploder = Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Opera = characters that are not valid in the location they are found.
    Is this what it says when you attempt to access the site using different browser or when you try to find it on Google?

John

yup, the thing is i wasn't on google, i was thrown there by firefox maybe i'm pointing the finger at google when i should be pointing at firefox???

just did a test and hit madeupname.abestweb.com and at that point my ISP threw me to their error page in firefox.

Exploder & Opera = ISP page
    Last edited by mrbshouse; March 7th, 2010 at 11:10 PM.

Prolly because G is involved with the stopbadware.org group that shuts down maliciously hacked sites. You can find out what/how from them.

They used to be StopBadware.org, now they are
    http: // badwarebusters.org/
    Last edited by 2busy; March 8th, 2010 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Updated with link

Hmm...I seem to be having the opposite problem lately. Being sent to more & more hacked or virus sites from google.com & google alerts.

No warning from firefox or google, just my antivirus pops up with its siren.

Google would not really know that a site has been hacked or is a virus site unless it has been reported as such. And if it has been positively identified as hacked or a virus site, that's the time when google displays a malware warning page. But in my experience, nothing has ever really prevented me from bringing up any webpage, even the google malware warning page gives me an option to continue to the webpage. Maybe it's something else that's preventing the webpage from being displayed.

full story on the hack,

hacker hit the server on 3-2-10, on 3-3-10 the attempt to send emails using the hack started, lasted 10 mins and about 2,000 or 9,000 attempts were sent out (set to domains outside my control). On 3-4-10 google sent the warning, close to a day after the subdomains fabricated in the hack were deleted.

I have now found some stats that show about 200 visits to the subdomain (including 1 from googelbot) at the time of the event on the 3rd, so there was some traffic although i never saw the content. The stats are sitting on the server even though the subdomain has already been deleted.

still i don't remember asking firefox or google to protect me.

I had something similar happen a few months ago. Got a "Attack Site" warning. I clicked on the link that said "visit this site anyway" or something like that. Still wouldn't let me in. Wouldn't even let me log into my cpanel. FWIW, this is a domain that had been sitting around for 4 years and has never had a site or even an index page uploaded to it.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

you can contact google through webdeveloper tools ... they can reconsider block of your website
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Viktor Zeman[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/]Quality Unit [/URL][/B] Founder and [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/postaffiliatepro/]Post Affiliate Pro[/URL][/B] developer

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread