Thread: Content to help you market EncryptStick

Senior Affiliate Manager AMWSO James - AMWSO's Avatar
    Post Content to help you market EncryptStick
    Hi all,

Please check out a selection of [40] headlines on IT security which we hope should help you promote EncryptStick. At the very least these headlines should give you some ideas on articles to write about information security which you can use to highlight EncyptStick. [And how EncyptStick is a solution for complete IT/information security].

- Cyber crime is the fastest growing crime today according to the Federal Trade Commission.
    - Cyber crime cost $67 billion dollars in 2009.
    - Over 90% of all companies experience data breach in one form or another.
    - Cyber thieves attack individuals, corporations and institutions, no one is safe.
    - Social networking sites have become fertile playground for hackers and cyber criminals.
    - More than 11 million Americans were victims of identity theft last year.
    - In the UK one cyber crime is committed every 10 seconds.
    - Protect your client’s electronic information, it’s the law.
    - Sensitive laptops stolen from Fla. [a health insurance provider] exposes over 200,000. Feb 2010.
    - Payroll processing firm Ceridian Corp. hacked – Feb 2010.
    - Hackers access Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission database – Feb 2010.
    - Laptop containing UCSF medical school patient information stolen – February 2010.
    - Thief steals 57 hard drives from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee – January 2010.
    - Financial services firm notifies 1.2 million of data breach – January 2010.
    - An external drive containing the sensitive data of thousands of patients was stolen from an employee of health insurance provider Kaiser Permanent - January 2010.
    - A hacker recently accessed a computer server hosting the online banking system of Long Island, N.Y.-based Suffolk County National Bank (SCNB), putting thousands of customer's login information at risk. –January 2010.
    - A hacker accessed the computer network of Eastern Washington University in Cheney, Wash., placing sensitive student information at risk like Social Security numbers and birth dates for 130,000.
    - Protecting Customers’ Personal Information Is Not An Option, But Legal Obligation.
    - Study Puts Identity Theft Cost at $54B in 2009.
    - Research firm Javelin estimates that more than 11 million Americans were victims of identity theft last year, a 12 percent increase that led to tens of billions of dollars in costs.
    - Identity Theft Is No. 1 Consumer Complaint – according to the Federal Trade Commission.
    - Medical Identity Theft Could Mean Life or Death to Its Victims - HealthNewsDigest.com. The survey also stated that 50 percent of large hospitals experienced at least one data breach in 2009.
    - Shell has been hit by a massive data breach - the contact database for 176,000 staff and contractors at the firm has been copied and forwarded to lobbyists and activists opposed to the company. Feb 16, 2010.
    - Firewalls are not enough…..According to Richard Kirk, UK Director for Fortify Software because a firewall provides a gateway for users to explore the outside world, it becomes the very doorway by which hackers gain entry.
    - Hackers broke into computer systems at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts recently, stealing sensitive customer data.
    - Medical identity theft is a rising problem in Nevada, and, once a thief gets enough information they can pretend to be you and get services in your name, even medical care.
    - Data security company Imperva warns that hackers have transformed and automated their attacks to make them more efficient and boost the profitability of their scams.
    - Imperva, the data security leader, today released a new report warning that hackers have become industrialized and represent an exponentially increased threat to individuals, organizations and Government.
    - Symantec's 2010 Enterprise Security study found that 75% of organizations globally experienced cyber attacks in the past 12 months.
    - Symantec says 42% of organizations now rate security as their top concern, more than natural disasters, terrorism and traditional crime combined.
    - Identity crime is on the rise as criminals become cyber savvy and fish around on social networking sites for personal information, experts say.
    - Lockheed Martin plans to find new methods to predict and prevent wide-scale cyber attacks carried out to compromise classified information and passwords.
    - HSBC was fined £3m by the Financial Services Authority for failing to properly look after its customers' information and private data, as such breaches led to at least two losses of customer data.
    - Hackers made off with at least 285 million electronic records in 2008. - A new study by Verizon Communications Inc.
    - Hackers broke into computer systems at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts recently, stealing sensitive customer data in 2009 and 2010.
    - 500,000 members of BlueCross and BlueShield of Tennessee affected by data breach.
    - FBI finds 90% of firms hit by Cybercrime.
    - Cybercriminals still consider hotels easy targets for credit card info.
    - Major International Hacker Pleads Guilty for Massive Attack on U.S. Retail and Banking Networks.
    - Hackers had intercepted and stolen around 50 million credit cards from TJ Maxx retail store in 2008.

You should also find the documents below of help/interest:

Onix International Affiliate Program Presentation:*To learn more about the Onix International affiliate program please download a PowerPoint presentation*here.

Paid Search Publishers:*If you're a paid search publisher check out suggested keyword lists to help you get started building/adding to your master keyword list*here.

Please let me know if there's anything at all that I/we can do to help you implement a campaign for EncryptStick.
    James D. Nardell
    AMWSO.com Affiliate Management Team
    email: James.Nardell [@] AMWSO.com
    Phone: (805) 624-5669
    IM - Google/Skype: JamesNardell
    iolo technologies | Paychex | Personal VCard Website

There are also press releases that you can use/edit on your websites here: http://www.onixinternational.com/press-room

Do check out the top articles on the page above as they contain some great content!
    James D. Nardell

Talking
    Hi all,

I want to let you know about some more content focused resources which should help you develop informational articles on EncryptStick:

Content For Affiliate Use [The articles on this page should give you some ideas on copy development].
    EncryptStick Landing page.
    EncryptStick Videos [A great way to show people how the software/system works].

We have also created two articles for you to edit and add to your website/blog:

Protect Your Valuable Data with EncryptStick Encryption
    EncryptStick’s Password Management - Enjoy Peace of Mind, Even on Public Computers

N.B. For SEO purposes we strongly suggest that you edit the articles before you add them to your website/blog. There will be more content to come!

We've also got some great news for EncryptStick affiliates; there are now CJ links available which will allow you to add download links of trial/limited versions of EncryptStick to your website/blog. As I'm sure you're aware, the best way to sell software is to let your customers try it out so they know exactly what they'll get. The demo your customers will trial has no expiry date; instead there are limits on the amount of data that can be added to the USB stick [20MB]. Check out the differences between the trial version and full version of EncryptStick here. Once your customers test EncryptStick, and see exactly what the software can do, they'll be reaching for their credit cards!

Please email me with any questions/comments/feedback.
    James D. Nardell

ABW Ambassador
    A quick question.

What happens if you lose/misplace the stick. How do you recover the docs you have in the vaults?

Hi sam_park,

Please check out this page ["Drive Recovery"]. Plus also the EncryptStick User Guide [page 153 onwards].

Let me know if you have any further questions.
    James D. Nardell

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the reply.

Is the free trial offer still valid, at least there is a link on the website about it.

I downloaded the .exe to a falsh drive yesterday, and it asked for a key, which I requested by following the link. That was yesterday at around 1:00pm cst. I haven't received any key yet.

Hi Sam,

Did you download the Encrypt-Stick application directly to your flash drive?

N.B. We have a user guide here: http://www.encrypt-stick.com/support...User-Guide.pdf

Please let me know.
    James D. Nardell

ABW Ambassador
    Yes I did save the .exe directly on my flash drive. Then when I click on the .exe on the flash drive its asking for a key.

I really appreciate your help. But I am wondering, if I am having trouble getting it installed, then what about somebody who is not tech savvy. I try to use a product myself before I recommend it to others. So far I have been struggling with EncryptStick for 2 days without success.

Hi Sam,

I just want to let you know that I am following up on this issue, and will have an answer/solution to you ASAP.
    James D. Nardell

EncryptStick
    Hello Sam,

Let me assist you with your issue regarding the install of EncryptStick I am the CTO at Onix International Inc. the marketing arm of EncryptStick.
    Did you download the free version and copy it or save it directly to your USB? If so you should only need to double click on the .exe providing you are loading it with a Windows PC and not a Mac. Once you double click on the .exe you should be prompted to enter a password not for a registration code.
    Is this the process you followed or please try it again and feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,
    Mark Smail, CTO
    Onix International Inc.
    7100 Woodbine Ave.
    Suite #112
    Markham, ON
    L3R 5J2
    [W] 905-940-9500
    [F] 905-940-9501
    [C] 416-500-1570
    msmail@encrypt-stick.com
    www.encryptstick.com

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, I finally got it to work, the free trial version.

This is how it worked the 2nd time-
    Click on the .exe. And follow the steps, it asks for a ENC key. And there is a link in red which takes you to the encryptstick website. There I entered my email address, hit the button and then the key was provided on the same page. I copied that key on my installation window and it worked.

What hadn't worked the 1st time -
    The first time when I clicked on the red link on the install window and was taken to your website, entered my email address and hit the button, NOTHING HAPPENED. No key was provided. So I thought may be the key will be emailed to me, so I waited a day but never got any key in the email.

I think it may be a bug in your system or may be you have a quota for the number of free trials that can be given away on a given day.

Smile
    Sam,

I am glad you were able to get this to work, I followed up with my technical people and it looks like they made a change and you just happenned to do your transaction at the same. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
    Please let me know if you would like a one on one webinar to demonstrate all of the features and benefits. It will be my pleasure to give you that demonstration personally.

Regards,
    Mark

13. Newsletter Signup