Hey there was on james martells website and saw info on these 2 events he goes to them all the time... does anyone else? and if so are they worth paying to go on? and what do you recommend?

no thoughts?

ABW Ambassador
    I'd give a month's pay for the opportunity to do a live affiliate tracking demo at a CJ convention.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Chief, your nickname is too long and the main forum index look ugly when you are the last post for a topic because that column becomes really big, would you mind shortening it a little?
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

Fer,

Good luck. This has been mentioned before.

Andy

Maybe he is just one of those people that just wants everyone to see how long his is.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>your nickname is too long and the main forum index look ugly when you are the last post <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well, never let him have the last word.

Wayne_who_will_be_changing_his_user_name_shortly_to_something_more_substantive

Maybe Haiko could put a limit on the number of characters in a person's username. I use infopop and can do that.

ABW Ambassador
    Lynch mob.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
    "Lynch mob."
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Maybe, maybe not, Now I am worry about you because, now your nickname is Chief_Bobbit.

I hope you're not related to Lorena Bobbit.

Lorena Bobbit's Bathroom

ABW Ambassador
    My wife would make Lorena Bobbit look like Mary Poppins. :P

@ Chief_Bobbitt: Thanks for shortening your user name, makes it a lot easier to read the forums. How's Wayne doing these days?

@ LastHope: I've never been to either, wouldn't mind going, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to sit still and tolerate seeing CJ give out awards to parasitic publishers for doing so well!

Also, some of the people involved in Affiliate Force seem to be on both sides of the fence, depending on the audience, if you know what I mean...

Andy

We know what you mean.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Well at least AffiliateForce *doesn't* boast Scott Richters OptInRealBig.com and CPAempire unlike Affiliate Summit which seems pleased to invite these scumsuckers back year after year. Sorry Shawn.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

@ Dynamoo:

Andy

Hi Andy thanks

I still do not understand this whole parasite thing. and why people are so up in arms about parasites whatever the hell they are..... Give me a very clear example of say a merchant that advertises in CJ (no need to name anyone) that wants affiliates to promote them yet uses parasites... example meaning...

Ok if you join up with company abc, and place links on your site, anytime someone comes to your site and clicks through you wont get the sale... or something like that...

please explain it detailed kind of like above there.. as what a parasite is from a merchants, how they use them.. what they are for,.. and a example based on me having there links on my site and a customer arriving and clicking on a link

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help meunderstand

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy:
    @ Chief_Bobbitt: Thanks for shortening your user name, makes it a lot easier to read the forums. How's Wayne doing these days?

@ LastHope: I've never been to either, wouldn't mind going, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to sit still and tolerate seeing CJ give out awards to parasitic publishers for doing so well!

Also, some of the people involved in Affiliate Force seem to be on both sides of the fence, depending on the audience, if you know what I mean...

Andy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My understanding is at these events as affiliate run into the Account Managers they hand out bumps in commission like candy. So, if you have a handful of merchants. And, if you do a decent volume of business, in theory, it should pay for itself to attend the events.

Of course, tipping back tequlia with friends is always a side bonus too.

You should look at the attendee list, if people you work with, or want to work with are there, it is probably a good idea to go. You can network with people you like, and if there are slimey characters there, avoid them if they make you feel uncomfortable or you feel the urge to push them overboard. I am aware of one person that almost went overboard on the AF cruise I went on in 2001. Anyway, it is a nice tax writeoff too.

Ah Anne, I remember that cruise well. Best example of competitors working together for a cause I have ever seen..I will always have happy memories of that trip..with the exception of the fact that no one went overboard...

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread