Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My adsense results are all over the place. Today I only averaged ## cents a click. Yesterday it was ## cents. Does anyone know if there is a reason for such fluxing? Does anyone else think there are going to be twenty people posting that I've broken the TOS? Does anyone else think there will be at least two of those people will actually attempt to report this to adsense?

LOL "Go ahead punk, Make my day!"

I'm not chicken really I'm not

ABW Ambassador
    I've given up trying to make sense of AdSense EPC. Mine is all over the place, too. This weekend is really quite low, but guess not a surprise considering its Memorial Weekend.

Average fluctuates between $700 and $800

Gil
    A. Gil de Lamadrid
    eCommerce Manager
    Consumers Interstate Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    Gil gets $700 per click ....

OK, I know no one can tell what they get paid per click. But what is your best guess that other people generally get paid per click?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Well I guess it has something to do with what advertisers are willing to pay per click. Seems the numbers would be all over the place.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Advertisers vary wildly in ppc rates. Sometimes you get a bunch of good payers within a category, and sometimes you don't. Your traffic in each category varies as well due to season, holidays, etc. Google adsense is, however, probably one of the more dependable moneymakers out there since it is as far as I know parasite-proof, coupon-proof, phone-order proof, etc.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

So far I'm not impressed with adsense. My stats show ### of page views per day and adsense shows ## impressions. 98% of my pages have adsense ad on them (all work just fine).

So, for example I might show 100 page views (per awstats) and only 6 adsense impressions (per google) - that just doesn't seem right to me.

And I see only about 1 click per week on average (.4%) CTR which is not impressive at all.

Of course, mine are "mall" sites, so that might explain the poor CTR.

My worst click = .03 cents and my best $1.90.

John

Thank you for such infor as you are able to give.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Adsense payout is based on what the advertisers are willing to pay per click. I also use the google advertising program to advertise my site and I am only willing to pay XX per click for the keywords I am listing and only XXX per day.

As far as conversion it is all over the board, but it is low. I like the math though. I pay less to get someone to visit my site and if they click on an ad I always get paid more. Now all I have to do is to get more visitors MANY,MANY,MANY more vistors.LOL

Hope this help.

Spider Man

ABW Ambassador
    On the plus side, the price per click we're 'paying' this weekend for a clients's campaign through Adwords is down. Advertisers can turn off the ad campaigns when they wish, such as holiday weekends when they may feel their traffic may not be worth much for some reason. Also it's the end of the month & some big spenders' budgets may be exhausted, bringing down the cost per click.

Not a violation of the TOS to suck others into disclosing their stats, Heyder. I think you're safe. Haven't heard about Google going after individuals posting CTR & other earning info lately. Don't want to be the next though.

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Irma:
    Gil gets $700 per click .... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Must be those Google ads for nuclear power plants & Mars Rovers. I hear Bechtel & JPL bid high on their Adwords campaigns since the competition is so stiff. My technology pages are full of them.

Wayne

anyone doing more than $1k/day as profit with adsense?

They reject us, cause of content. But on the brighter side we found this and and GREAT merchants.

When we were rejected we said OK,(jerks) Lets find something bigger and better. We Googled and tada a new dimension for joeytomatoes.com
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

ABW Ambassador
    Then need unlimited channels. Yesterday was averaging 10c a click and today 50c and i know what site but have no idea which page i'm getting the most $$ from. 20 channels is a start but more is needed.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So, for example I might show 100 page views (per awstats) and only 6 adsense impressions (per google) - that just doesn't seem right to me.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think Adsense counts an imp if the imp came from a charity/default ad. Also, I have noticed that sometimes it takes quite a while for AS stats to catch up. For instance if I make the last check on Friday night (technically Sat. morning, about 4AM or so), then check Friday's stats on Saturday afternoon, there will usually be more imps and $$ showing for Friday than there were before.

It's not usually a big giant difference, though. Maybe they're showing an extra-large amount of charity ads on your site. Is it in a niche without many advertisers?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Adsense pays 2 cents to 4 cents per pageview.

I.e. 500 visitors to the page = $10 to $20 on average.

50,000 visitors to a site per day, should get you close to the $1,000 or more per day in Adsense money mark.

30,000 visitors to a page, should get you $300 or so per month from Adsense and this could go as high as 1,200 if you have the right genre.

I actually emailed Google last night for the same reason. I have a few content sites and have been experimenting with Adsense, but though clicks picked up over the weekend (I got some...), EPC dropped a bunch.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the program. It's easy to use, doesn't require tracking down individual advertisers and consolidates payments, but it has some issues as well...

Reporting is delayed far longer than I personally enjoy, having no idea what portion of a click I earn makes me uncomfortable and reporting needs some more depth to it. I'd also like to be able to select the graphic ads option by channel, rather than by entire account.

The whole air of mystery wrapped around earnings bugs me too, but I suppose until we can start discussing how much more we make with some other contextual ad solution, we take what we get and smile.

All that said, CPMs are still very good.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Hey Ethan,

Do you have any insight o Image ads versus text ads. Have you seen a significant increase decrease o CTR and EPC since you implemented images ads? I am curious to find out. I am guessing:

Image ads EPC &gt; Text EPC
    but
    Text CTR &gt; Image ads CTR

What do ya think hehe?

Hi Ian,

Actually, I haven't tried the image ads yet, because the site I want to try them on is part of an account that has other sites best left as text. If they offered 'em by channel I'd give it a shot...

If you try, please let me know what you find.

Now back to that EPC question, the decimal has moved another digit in the wrong direction again today...

Same ads, more clicks, lower EPC and lower earnings overall - I'm confused. Is it bed time yet?
    Eathan Mertz

hmmm, looks like there are more comments about users removing adsense rather than enjoying good results. yikes.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still happy with AdSense, I'd just like to see some improvements made, and resolve the question of why my EPC has dropped lately.

Forgive the lack of coherence in my last post. It was the culmination of 11 straight hours in front of my comp...

Now I've had a break, it's back to work.
    Eathan Mertz

Ethan, you make me feel like a bum now stop working so hard! Hope you adsense cranks back up soon.

Sorry...

Wait, isn't this web stuff supposed to be 24/7?

Have a good night.
    Eathan Mertz

hmmm, either I am on crack or some BHO's has replaced my Adsense with Image Ads. I just double checked my AS settings and it is defaulted to Text. Man these freaks...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast