Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Someone's having a good day!
    I do not really promote my affiliate program much, because my tarp site has always been fairly primitive. Yet, every once in a while I make a sale that needs to be mentioned..... one of my affiliates is having a pretty doggone good day today, earning a 12% commission off of a $3,200 transaction.....

Period of time between click and sale was 34 days.... so think about that, if the program had only had a 30 day cookie, this affiliate would never have known about the $380+ in commissions he/she should have made....

For any existing affiliates, keep in mind that now is baseball field cover season, you don't have to sell very many of those to 'have a pretty doggone good day' yourself.....

BTW, I don't know if the affiliate is an ABWer or not...
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Nice one, for sure. Congratulations to both you and your affiliate.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager Ian H - TicketLiquidator's Avatar
    are there websites out there that cater exclusively for tarps for sports fields?

something I would find quite interesting....
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Arial]Ian Hough.
    Affiliate Program Manager, TicketLiquidator.com.
    Contact: [email]ianh@ticketliquidator.com[/email][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Don't let your work go to waste. Sign up and get paid for all sales: [B]Onsales[/B], last-minute, etc.

doctorwatson- Well, we carry imported tarps up to 100x100 that youth baseball fields have used in the past, and we manufacture or outsource larger ones as needed, but typically that requires emails and calls back and forth to the customer, during which I track down how they found my site.

As far as my affiliates go, I don't think any of them have actually built a site catering to that specific niche only, they usually just place my links within a generic 'mall' type affiliate site.

Congrats to both you and your high-rolling affiliate!

It's always good to log on and find that you've done a massive sale, or group of sales without expecting it. ALWAYS makes your day!
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]50% Recurring Commission on SAS! -- Up To $98.50 Per Sale, Per Month![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [B]ALL-NEW[/B] SAS Social Media Marketing Program: [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26086]Join AlphaHype.net NOW![/URL]
    [URL=http://alphahype.net/]AlphaHype website[/URL]. [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=603]ABW dedicated affiliate forum[/URL].

[B]Dani Evans[/B] -- AlphaHype.net Affiliate Program Manager. [B]email:[/B] dani (at) alphahype.net

Cool... Luck Affiliate... but does the program has 30 days cookie or you just mentioned industry average?

That's great! What an awesome sale. (Does anyone out there still say awesome besides me?)

And you're right about the cookie length. This makes me wonder about how many commissions are "really" earned beyond the return window. After all, a $3,200 tarp purchase probably requires some thought (and accurate measuring) before someone makes the purchase.

Awesome!

Sure is a specialized product, one that would never occur to me to sell! But definitely the season for it now!

Quote Originally Posted by craigstephen
    Cool... Luck Affiliate... but does the program has 30 days cookie or you just mentioned industry average?
    My program ( which is tarice.com at sas ) sets cookies to never expire. I was just pointing out the difference a long cookie can make to an affiliate.

Quote Originally Posted by bettylou
    And you're right about the cookie length. This makes me wonder about how many commissions are "really" earned beyond the return window. After all, a $3,200 tarp purchase probably requires some thought (and accurate measuring) before someone makes the purchase.
    elbowcreek,
    I wanted to clarify that I wasn't saying this about your program.

I was actually thinking about a program that I recently reviewed that has a 4-minute cookie!

Affiliate Manager Ian H - TicketLiquidator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek View Post
    doctorwatson- Well, we carry imported tarps up to 100x100 that youth baseball fields have used in the past, and we manufacture or outsource larger ones as needed, but typically that requires emails and calls back and forth to the customer, during which I track down how they found my site.

As far as my affiliates go, I don't think any of them have actually built a site catering to that specific niche only, they usually just place my links within a generic 'mall' type affiliate site.
    Ahhh, ok, thanks for the info.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Arial]Ian Hough.
    Affiliate Program Manager, TicketLiquidator.com.
    Contact: [email]ianh@ticketliquidator.com[/email][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Don't let your work go to waste. Sign up and get paid for all sales: [B]Onsales[/B], last-minute, etc.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread