Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hosting Suggestions - No HostGator Please
    Okay so this is the SECOND time I'm leaving Hostgator. I went with them the first time because well I heard numerous positive things about them and little of the negative things, but my site wasn't even showing up (even I had my friend and cousin to load it to make sure it wasn't me). Turns out HG couldn't even resolve the issue so I switched to Hosting24. Hosting24 gave me the opposite of Heaven and well I went back to HG. Of course, HG was no different then the first time, except now I have problems getting into the CPanel. Now I'm looking at other options such as JustHost and 1&1 Hosting but the thing is, I'm so sick of switching left and right for the same causes. Then again, I was born on a Friday the 13th so maybe I just have bad luck with hosting companies.

What are some of your HG alternative hosting companies? I know there's no 100% perfect hosting company, but I'd at least like to be able to log into my cpanel and to know that my site is actually up and ready to go.

By the way, I heard that VPS is a good way to go about (I was just using a basic hosting package) due to the fact that I guess it's the same as a dedicated hosting server but it's safer. I'm not too familiar with what exactly a VPS is or how that type of hosting works. I'm just familiar with Resellers and Basic type of hosting, so I'm open to all suggestions

Try eApps. I've generally been satisfied (currently with an $11-per-month VPS account), but it's definitely not as easy to use if you're not tech-savvy.

As with any hosting provider, try searching for the company name on ABW to see what feedback is available here.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    Try eApps. I've generally been satisfied (currently with an $11-per-month VPS account), but it's definitely not as easy to use if you're not tech-savvy.

As with any hosting provider, try searching for the company name on ABW to see what feedback is available here.
    Haha I tend to be very tech-savvy. How long have you been with the company? And thank you for answering.

For cheap hosting, Lunarpages and Inmotionhosting are rock solid reliable.

If you don't mind spending a bit of dough, httpme is the cream of the crop.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    For cheap hosting, Lunarpages and Inmotionhosting are rock solid reliable.

If you don't mind spending a bit of dough, httpme is the cream of the crop.
    I hear a lot of good things about LP and I'm even considering them. Also I've been looking at some hosting plans from myhosting.com. I've never heard about httpme and I'll keep them in mind in the future.

Thank you and the future posters...I don't want to make it seem like spam that I'm saying thanks, but I'm a very well mannered person and I can't not say thanks w/o feeling guilty.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TVChatten
    I hear a lot of good things about LP and I'm even considering them. Also I've been looking at some hosting plans from myhosting.com. I've never heard about httpme and I'll keep them in mind in the future.

Thank you and the future posters...I don't want to make it seem like spam that I'm saying thanks, but I'm a very well mannered person and I can't not say thanks w/o feeling guilty.
    How can saying thanks seem like spam? You are thanking people for offering their opinion.

It isn't rude to not thank people here though. We help because we can.

I just went to visit your site in your profile and your sites is not working and has a reference to bodydetoxpills .com ???? You may want to check that out..
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

As far as cheap hosting is concerned, I always use Namecheap. I don't think I really shopped around when I first needed hosting and just kinda landed with them, though I've stayed because everything has run 100% smoothly with them.

Fingers crossed it stays the same...
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]50% Recurring Commission on SAS! -- Up To $98.50 Per Sale, Per Month![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [B]ALL-NEW[/B] SAS Social Media Marketing Program: [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26086]Join AlphaHype.net NOW![/URL]
    [URL=http://alphahype.net/]AlphaHype website[/URL]. [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=603]ABW dedicated affiliate forum[/URL].

[B]Dani Evans[/B] -- AlphaHype.net Affiliate Program Manager. [B]email:[/B] dani (at) alphahype.net

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I still like ipower.com , despite a couple issues 2 years ago.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I've had several hosts over the years and have been most satisfied with HawkHost . Reasonably priced, good uptime, and responsive.

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    I just went to visit your site in your profile and your sites is not working and has a reference to bodydetoxpills .com ???? You may want to check that out..
    Now you see why I'm trying to switch out of HG. It's like an ongoing cycle. But as of right now I'm renovating the sites layout and everything so maybe that's just a good thing. Yes BDP is my other site, but I really don't know why it's showing up like that because they're not even in the same folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    How can saying thanks seem like spam? You are thanking people for offering their opinion.

It isn't rude to not thank people here though. We help because we can.
    Sorry I overlooked this, but I just didn't want like 3249342 posts all saying "thanks" lol.

I've been using Servint.net for several years (recommended to me here at ABW) and have been very happy. They have never been down for me to my knowledge and their support service is quick, helpful and knowledgeable.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I've been using Servint.net for several years (recommended to me here at ABW) and have been very happy. They have never been down for me to my knowledge and their support service is quick, helpful and knowledgeable.
    Gotta second that, I have three VPS accounts there. (Hmmm...may have been me with the rec.) I have had very few issues over the last several years and my main $$ sites are there (but I also have two accounts at HG). Servint has three methods of contacting support - email, trouble ticket and phone (where you can get a real person, a LOCAL person, to answer 24/7). If you depend on a host for serious income, you should require no less.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Doing a little search here at ABW I see that folks have been recommending Servint all the way back to 2004, about when I started with them.

I wanted to also add that one of the great things I like about their support ticket system (the few times I have used it) is that the same person stays with you through the problem (as long as they are on their shift).
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    I been with hostgator and various other hosting companies. Hostgator does have problems but their support is usually pretty good. I have to ask...is it something you are doing wrong? Are you experienced?
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Quote Originally Posted by ParadigmWilliam
    I been with hostgator and various other hosting companies. Hostgator does have problems but their support is usually pretty good. I have to ask...is it something you are doing wrong? Are you experienced?
    Yeah I'm experienced as far as I'm concerned. Mainly started this all in July of 2008 (when I turned 18). HG just hasn't been good to me, their support doesn't really help and yet when I wanted to cancel they wanted me to view a video about Dreamweaver MX, in which I have Dreamweaver CS4.

Quote Originally Posted by TVChatten
    By the way, I heard that VPS is a good way to go about (I was just using a basic hosting package) due to the fact that I guess it's the same as a dedicated hosting server but it's safer. I'm not too familiar with what exactly a VPS is or how that type of hosting works. I'm just familiar with Resellers and Basic type of hosting, so I'm open to all suggestions
    A VPS is set up the same way as a shared account, multiple accounts on one server. The difference is that most VPS providers will have fewer VPS accounts on their VPS servers and will also allow root access to the server.

Quote Originally Posted by brett-e2 View Post
    A VPS is set up the same way as a shared account, multiple accounts on one server. The difference is that most VPS providers will have fewer VPS accounts on their VPS servers and will also allow root access to the server.
    Thank you for clarifying that up for me. People say it's a good way go with them just incase you have a spike in traffic.

I may go with Servint for hosting as I've read some positive things about them around here, but thank you all so much and it really does mean alot to get your own reviews about who you use/have used.

Before you make a final hosting decision, it might not hurt to go to the webhostingtalk.com forums and do a search for the top two or three hosting companies that interest you. That'll get you some opinions, comments, etc., from folks who spend way to much time comparing and critiquing web hosting companies. LOL!
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    Before you make a final hosting decision, it might not hurt to go to the webhostingtalk.com forums and do a search for the top two or three hosting companies that interest you. That'll get you some opinions, comments, etc., from folks who spend way to much time comparing and critiquing web hosting companies. LOL!
    Haha oh yeah...I already have lol.
    But hey, some people never really think about going over there and to be honest, before I started this thread, I've never even heard of WHT.

Quote Originally Posted by TVChatten View Post
    Thank you for clarifying that up for me. People say it's a good way go with them just incase you have a spike in traffic.
    Hey, no problem. I work for a web host, so if you need any more help you can PM me.

Hey, no problem. I work for a web host, so if you need any more help you can PM me.
    It's not allowing me to PM you. I think I need 50 posts total in order to PM.

Try reaching me over AIM @ eleven2brett

Try reaching me over AIM @ eleven2brett
    Alright I added and messaged you. My name is the same as my username here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast