Thumbs down Go Daddy Dumps Me!
    I received the following email today (did anyone else get it?):

"In order to keep our program at a manageable level, it is necessary for us to remove those affiliates who have been unable to meet certain guidelines over the course of a year.

In reviewing our results for 2009, we discovered that your account has converted no sales and driven only a few clicks. We regret to report that your account will be expired as of March 16, 2010.

If you feel that you will have more success as a Go Daddy affiliate during the coming year, please feel free to email us at xxxxxatxxxxxx.com and provide us with details of how you can improve your results".

That's weird. "Ends 16 Mar 2010" here too, even though they had send me a "pending offer" that I accepted on the 5th.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I think they had sent out a pending offer as well. If you don't get an email that dumps you, you should be fine.

Yeah, that's the odd thing about it. Why send offers out to people and then turn around and dump them.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

I got an offer and then got dumped. Fortunately, thanks to all the work I put into my revamped and totally-programmed-by-me website, two clicks and all their links are completely gone from my site. Their competitors are still nicely represented, however.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I've started dumping merchants that I haven't earned any money from as well. Why get their emails? Why update my site with their promotions? Why show their banners if I haven't earned a penny from them in years. I know some disagree w/ this idea, but it's a matter of keeping things under control for me. Some of the ones I am getting rid of are popular sites, but if I can't even make $10 a year from them, it just isn't worth my time.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Well, I've been terminated again. I don't think I've ever been terminated for the same program twice in a day, so I guess I set some sort of record. And that record is even more amazing given that I didn't even re-apply. LOL.

GoDaddy, if you're reading this, I get your point. You don't want me. *sniff* LOL.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Well, I've been terminated again. I don't think I've ever been terminated for the same program twice in a day, so I guess I set some sort of record. And that record is even more amazing given that I didn't even re-apply. LOL.

GoDaddy, if you're reading this, I get your point. You don't want me. *sniff* LOL.
    I just checked and got dumped twice as well...LOL.

I think that's overkill. I think i got the message the first time. I guess they felt that if I had just got over the sniffles of the first dump, they would make me cry again...LOL.

Some affiliates who produced a few clicks here and there, but no sales, will no longer be with the program. That will have an illusory positive impact on their EPC. The numbers will "look better".

Some of those who were dumped will sign back up again. New signups! The numbers will "look better".

Whoever is running the show at GD's affiliate department desk will look like they have streamlined and improved their own performance, though the have accomplished absolutely nothing.

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Just contact them by email to straighten this out. Also, Godaddy now offers an affiliate program direct through there website(in house)
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I got dumped as well. Just never got around to promoting them. I guess that, when I do start advertising a registrar on my domain auction site it won't be them. As for their email, I just laughed back at them and expired the relationship early.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    They probably will dump me as well. But I stopped actively promoting them a while back anyway since they insist on using ads demeaning to women and basic human dignity to sell their product instead of the telling everyone about the great service they provide.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    They probably will dump me as well. But I stopped actively promoting them a while back anyway since they insist on using ads demeaning to women and basic human dignity to sell their product instead of the telling everyone about the great service they provide.
    You know, I had not looked at it that way, but you are right about that. They are sort of the 'Hooters' of the domain industry. I guess they take the guerilla marketing approach that anything that gets people talking about the site plants a memory of the name as well.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Great news and always love to see these kind of emails. Got one as I sign up for all my competitors newsletters and answered back with "crap"! Hope this sends their rejected affiliates to my merchant

Made an attempt to communicate with them and got the same response. Challenged them to join the conversation here but guess they have better things to do.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Great news and always love to see these kind of emails. Got one as I sign up for all my competitors newsletters and answered back with "crap"! Hope this sends their rejected affiliates to my merchant
    I haven't checked out Register.com in awhile but checking it out, it's just not anywhere near competitive with GoDaddy. $35 for a .com? When you can get them for around $10 at Godaddy, less than $8 with a coupon. Even the .info are $35 when you can get them for under $1 at GoDaddy. Don't understand why people would pay that much.

The affiliate program for Register has special pricing that makes it competitive: http://www.affiliatecrew.com/Affiliates/Register.html

Register caters to the small business owner who is not as sensitive to price as they are to customer service. http://www.register.com/about/awards.rcmx

Register offers a 25% default commission and higher commissions for annual hosting orders. Mention you read this post and I will comp you a 35% VIP commission level and keep you there.

They must really not need help. Well let them help themselves

Seems to be some inexperienced people. They did let me keep my account and even though I tried to point them here they don't get it. I even pointed them to my LinkedIn profile to see that I can an OPM and competitor but they are pushing emails.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn View Post

Hmm, I didn't even know that was possible. You mean I can terminate trouble makers multiple times in one day? This could be fun
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Greg, I had two termination emails but then they sent me an offer. Email them directly and point them here, tell them you want the same thing.

Chuck,
    Self-referral ok? Domain renewals qualify for coupon and / or commissions?
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Self referrals are fine for commissions. Register is lacking a reseller program but discussing it. They have a wholesale program if interested?

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread