Ok so this is the question I have, having now been creating sites for a long time and have tried all sorts, manually creating thousands of pages optimized for keywords related to my site. Understanding Content is King... the more pages you have related to your site out there.. likely chance you will be found more often and possibly gain sales.....

Problems encountered

1. 2000 pages takes a long time to create even if you whip them out with a program such as TE or RP....

2. Pages created with these... make your page content from links to other sites from specific keywords...

3. this gives your competitors some page rank possibly... also those links and domains can get outdated.. frequently..

4. From experience using these... they generally dont convert very well.. people arrive get pissed off that your page has nothing to do with the keyword you choose for it...

5. Creating 2000 pages that are using RSS feeds could potentially be harmful too i feel, as lets say...... you have a page created for keyword " a " and that page pulls in data from newsfeeds and blogs,.... the only way i can see this being good is if YOU can control how often the content of each pages change... i mean lets say you got it filled with related content your still going to have to go into each page and put in your keywords sprinkled throughout... to get it ranked high.. and then if the page content changes again... off you go again and have to go back into every page again...

I may have that bit wrong so let me know how much control you can have over rss feeds... like where its pulling in from... how often it changes the content of your page.. wethere that page needs to be PHP or html..?

MY GOAL and Desire

TO be able to have the ability to whip out 2000 pages like TE does.. in about 5 mins after inputting your keyword phrases... but on the same hand.. have each page fill with related content and be optimized....

So far I have not come acorss one program out there showing the ability to be able to do it, its like it can either Whip out the pages fast... and have crap content that usually gives temporal results or it can create content but the content is changed so often that the chances of you getting a certina page ranked high/optimized is going to be difficult as the content will keep changing in the page... ( you know the story if it aint broke ,dont fix it)

So if i had a page rank #1 i wouldnt want the content changing all the time as that might effect density, optimization whatever.... so that when google or whoever comes around again sees it and goes " well new content but.. its unoptimized content" to the bottom of the pile you go...

Lastly, Search engines change there alagrothims all the time.. so if PROGRAM A knows a way to get your pages ranked in the top 10 likely chance is... it will only be for a while.........

So IF you know... a solution... if you feel hey thats not how RSS feeds work and you can still get a page that uses RSS ranked in the top 10 for a keyword even if the content changes every 3 days....

Please enlighten me.... I am looking around for a program that can spit out say 100 pages each page for each keyword phrase... and a way to have each page full of related content without me having to make every bloody page and spend hours, weeks even months creating them...

Content is King.... But really... "TIME" is the MOTHER OF EVERTHING>...

I know what direction i need to head in... creating lots of pages related , related, optimzied and such... but TIME is the case here..... unless there is a quick way , safe way... to do this...

looks like im stuck with manually creating pages...

p.s. iwas looking at trafficturbochanger but seems like it might just be same as TE....

Please advise ,, if you know a good prgram or way to create say 2000 pages each page optimized nicely for invidual keywords and each page full of content without having to do it all manually... please let me know I might buy your program today!

thanks

ABW Ambassador
    So you're looking for a program that whips out 2000 pages of quality and optimized content in about 5 minutes by just inputting some keyword phrases and want them to all rank well too?

trust i dont expect them all to rank welll... acutally i would be lucky if even 10 of the 2000 ranked in the top 20 what im after is something to speed the process up.... i know what each page should include, look like and how it should be optimized just most of these programs released that try to provide or claim to do this..... cant... they end up being temporal, intill they get penalized

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
    "Please enlighten me.... I am looking around for a program that can spit out say 100 pages each page for each keyword phrase... and a way to have each page full of related content without me having to make every bloody page and spend hours, weeks even months creating them..."
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Some people say that "WebPosition Gold" will do something like that.

Many people say that "WebPosition Gold" can get you in trouble with the search engines.

Find out for yourself if you want to take the risk.

Sal.

"Content is King"

Well to be honest - any old content churned out by the bucket load at the touch of a mouse button is a pretender to the throne ready to be usurped by the first revolutionary anti-monarchist to come along.

ORIGINAL content is really king.

Do you have any idea what content IS? It is thoughts, ideas, original thinking not a bunch of links. Why would you want to make thousands of pages with links anyway? Are you talking about affiliate links or links to relevant sites?

I get number one rankings on pages filled with stuff for sale all the time and I only have links to sites I own. But, they aren't content pages and don't even pretend to be.

What the heck are you trying to do anyway? And, why would people buy from you on these pages filled with links to your competitors?

Sounds kind of crazy.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The only "related content" you need for a sales page is a sales pitch and a link to buy the item, and perhaps some product info! Content (ie, that informational stuff people look at online when they don't want to bother driving to the library) is NOT the king of sales. Rather, it's like a saboteur sent by some enemy force to divert the customer's attention away from the important part (the important part being the SALES process!).

If you want to make a c*ntent site (the kind that usually has info or entertainment and is typically financed by CPM ads) that's an entirely different matter. Finding a way to automate THAT without ending up with a bunch of junk would be nice. But if I was going to automate that, I wouldn't be aiming at any particular keywords, since the aim wouldn't be to sell any particular thing. Rather, I'd pick a subject that had a lot of interest and try to cover it well. That way, it'd naturally be likely to appear under related search terms. Then I'd stick CPM ads and AdSense on it to bring in the $$$.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    "TO be able to have the ability to whip out 2000 pages like TE does.. in about 5 mins after inputting your keyword phrases... but on the same hand.. have each page fill with related content and be optimized...."

Why would anyone want to churn out 5,000 pages in 5 minutes? If it was possible, then everyone would be doing it, so it would be pointless.

Build quality pages that sell the products

well....

Lets say there are only 5 people in the world promoting product X and each of you have a website..

person 1 has 5000 pages related to his niche

person 2 has 1000 pages

person 3 has 500

person 4 has 200

person 5 has 100

each page.. is a keyword phrase that has been shown in wordtracker to be used by searchers...

who do you think is most likely to be found? as long as the pages are regular pages, not just links.... but good content information that exposes them to your product pages.. on the left or right..

probably guy with 5000 pages...

james martell... works on this concept.. and the guy makes a ton of money... yet he writes all his own pages doesnt spit them out lol... just would be quicker way to get a site done and move on to next...

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
    "who do you think is most likely to be found?"
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Well, since you put it that way.

The one most likely to be found, even with only a one page site, is the one that pay more in ppc in order to be listed on the first page at the search engines.

With time, patience and dedication, you can make a lot of money on the long run.

But if you want to make a lot of money fast, then you will need a lot of money to make a lot of more money fast the legal way.

And finally if you just want to get rich quick, without spending some time and or money, then do this at least:

Read all the over 10,000 posts made by Mike & Charlie and do everything they say is bad on this business.

Sal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> who do you think is most likely to be found? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The person who made the best page.

I come in #3 and #4 on Google for my best search term. The search on Google returns 1,300,000 other pages with the same term on their page.

So, OK my page isn't the best. But, I can live with being #3 for that term.

Make good pages is the key. Plain, simple streight forward, and to the point.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Well to be honest - any old content churned out by the bucket load at the touch of a mouse button is a pretender to the throne ready to be usurped by the first revolutionary anti-monarchist to come along. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>ORIGINAL content is really king. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true. These auto-generated content pages are junk, plain and simple. Use them at your own risk and don't have high hopes of long term stability for your site.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Why would anyone want to churn out 5,000 pages in 5 minutes? ~Julian"

Oh COME ON, seriously, I'm sure you can see the beauty of that!

The better question is, why would anyone *want* to do by hand, what can be done with a machine?

There is a big difference between being STUCK using a slow, labor-intensive manual method (in order to get satisfactory results), and actually wanting to do things the hard way!

~"If it was possible, then everyone would be doing it, so it would be pointless."

Not if you find a subject that isn't already overrun with professional webmasters. People who are more "web hobbyists" than professionals don't tend to bother with the more high-tech tools. Or SEO, for that matter, heh heh heh...

So if you find the right subject, there can be a fairly open field.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> These auto-generated content pages are junk, plain and simple.~Jim <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I agree for the most part. Programs that generate non-sales content seem to lag far behind those that help put products online.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    You can have those "content generators". I've seen what it churns out.

Look at what you're doing right now. This forum is listed in search engines. Heck, what we're posting RIGHT NOW will be indexed by Google in the next couple weeks.

Stop and think: whatever subject you currently have an interest in has an audience willing to listen and openly discuss it with the world.

If you can sell sh*t in the process, all the better.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Leader hit it on the head.

Let the computer do the repetitive work of parsing datafeeds. Creating quality original content (of the non-sales oriented ilk) remains a manual process.

We use xml feeds to generate tens of thousands of content pages every day, but that's not everyone's cup of tea. It's not original, of course, it's Associated Press.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    It's the manual part that'll set you apart. If everyone just used datafeeds then all the pages would be content wise the same.

james martell (so that is who I was talking to for an hour at the convention, I'm really lousy with names and I spent 3 years as a HS teacher ;-) does this by hand, but even he has some automation.

I learned alot from him, and thus now I have 8000 pages on my site instead of a couple hundred. It took me 3 weeks to get those pages up (well there was no datafeed for the products I am promoting). But by spending the time to do what other affiliates won't or can't do that is how you make money.

I was surprised how few of the affiliates, even the most successful ones, are not computer programers. I am. So that now that I have my 800 pages, I can write small programs that modify them as necessary. You think of new things and decide to modify them all the same way. For instance, I decided to put a link that says in effect "clck here to add to favorites." Now the code that did this took about 10 minutes to write and 10-15 minutes to run. 5 minutes to make 2000 pages in a non-generic way is unreasonable. You shouldn't be doing this that often, if it takes an hour, fine. Set it up, have lunch, make a phone call, talk to your wife. Come back later and its done.

Mike
    K9 Calendars and Gifts

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Lets say there are only 5 people in the world promoting product X and each of you have a website..

person 1 has 5000 pages related to his niche

person 2 has 1000 pages

person 3 has 500

person 4 has 200

person 5 has 100

each page.. is a keyword phrase that has been shown in wordtracker to be used by searchers...

who do you think is most likely to be found?

Quality has to play in this situation. Even if the people get to the site to see the crap, this does not make them a customer. So they come and they are gone.

Just because you have the pages there doesn't get them indext and rated.

5 good pages with a pr8 are much better than 2000, 5000, heck 100,000 pages with a pr0. Or even a pr1 or pr2.

If you gather a bunch of sh_t into a big pile, you have a big pile of sh_t.

Build yourself a quality dynamic website.

Do It,

Mike
    Do It Yourself Websites

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread