Affiliate Manager GreatElectrician's Avatar
    Is Shareasale network right for my business
    HI to everyone

My name is harmik

I like to see if I can join Shareasale network and work with wonderful people.

our company is Electrical Service based out of CA. I am looking generating

quality leads I would like to join Shareasale network.

any suggestion in regards joining the network and lead generating

thanks everyone

I see a couple challenges to an affiliate program for you anywhere:

1) Are you a regional provider (looks like just the Los Angeles area)? If so, you'll have a very limited affiliate base - basically just those who can effectively promote local offers. If you accept and use leads nationwide, that's not an issue.

2) Leads can be very prone to fraud. You definitely want to avoid CPA Networks. ShareASale might be a good choice, but you'll still need to police your affiliates very carefully to make sure you're getting real, qualified leads.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    Hi Harmik,

I am assuming you have a website and you're looking at promoting info on your site or to your customers?? You should find companies that you want to promote or that have offers that target your electrical service type customers (similar needs). If shareasale has merchants that fit that bill, then yes definitely join their network and then promote those merchants.

If you are looking to be a merchant to have affiliates help generate leads for you to build your electrical business, shareasale is a great network for that, but you need to be ready to have someone help work your merchant account and grow your affiliate program.

Hope that helps (or give us a bit more info to make sure we're understanding exactly what you are hoping to accomplish.)

thank you for the great post,

Let me explain, I want to getaway from traditonal advertising from yellow pages,and the reason is i wan to have more control of my marketing and second i think is not worth the $$ you spend.

I am looking to be a merchant and i want affiliates help generate leads for my electrical service business.

thanks
    greatelectrician.com/

Take a look at MichaelColey's answer. It will be difficult for a regional / local business to generate leads from affiliate marketing. Frankly, your best bet would be to join one of the service lead providers and buy leads from them.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Also, look into doing PPC with Google (and possibly Yahoo and Microsoft). Hiring a PPC professional might be the easiest route there.

I'm not usually one to suggest that people not set up affiliate programs, but with a local business seeking leads, I'm just not sure you'll see good results for the effort, time and money it would take.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

thanks Michael for the post

I think you are right about fraud, that is why i want to monitor and police it myself versus as knight01 mention working with lead providers which I think could be fraudulent.

Thanks for the tip on CPA Network
    greatelectrician.com/

I'd be willing to bet that your affiliate program will have more fraudulent leads than you'd get through servicemagic. But Good luck either way you choose.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

that could be very true Knight01.

I just want break away from traditional advertising, I want to be in web2.0 business hahaha
    greatelectrician.com/

For a local, lead-based business, you'd probably have much better luck seeking out a small group of marketers that you work with directly instead of a traditional affiliate program. Try using Craigslist, Elance, etc. and be very careful to interview people prior to getting started.

I would recommend offering a small base amount for them to get started and to show them that you're serious, but make the pay almost entirely on performance. It's not always easy to find skilled marketers willing to work like that outside the bounds of traditional affiliate networks, but it can definitely be done.

Thanks chinavasionprogram

this is great tip, how would I monitor the leads

thanks
    greatelectrician.com/

One option would be setting up a custom page on your site for each of your new partners. You could place their Google tracking pixel on the confirmation page so they could see the lead volume(the page after the form is filled out), or you could have a developer help you put together a simple back end that would show both of you the leads coming in under their page. You'd know which leads came from which person because they'd be using separate pages on your site.

Obviously, you'd need to have a mutual understanding of what qualified as a "good" lead. A lot of these types of relationships go sour when the merchant confuses a lead with an actual new customer - while the lead generator expects to get paid for generating interest, not closing the deal.

its hard to find good marketers and i don't want to chase them away

I would not mind to pay out good $$ for valuable lead.
    greatelectrician.com/

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread