Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Toyota Slogans
    NEW YORK — Seeking to make the best out a bad situation, Toyota today unveiled several new advertising slogans.

Toyota has recently been forced to recall 5.3 million vehicles to fix a problem in which the gas pedal can become caught on the edge of the removable floor mat. That problem can cause the vehicle to accelerate uncontrollably.

In an attempt to stress the positive aspects of what has quickly become a public relations nightmare, Toyota will use the following new slogans in its advertising campaigns:
    • Toyota. Stick with us.
    • Toyota. Moving forward. Really fast.
    • Toyota. Uncontrollable excitement.
    • Toyota. Nothing can stop us.
    • Toyota. Expect the unexpected.
    • Toyota. No holding back.
    • Toyota. Unstoppable performance.
    • Oh what a feeling! Of complete terror!
    • I love what you do for me, Toyota! (personal injury attorney)
    • Ask someone who crashed one.
    • The best built cars in the world. Except for the gas pedal.
    • Hey, at least the airbags worked!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    ROFL Michael. Good laugh!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Ha! Those are great

Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    on a more serious note - do you think this will have disastrous impact on Toyota's image and brand strength OR will it just be a bump on the road and they'll go back to industry dominance?

It is something we are discussing in my MBA Marketing Class...there is a lot of differing of opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by pjvesperman
    on a more serious note - do you think this will have disastrous impact on Toyota's image and brand strength OR will it just be a bump on the road and they'll go back to industry dominance?

It is something we are discussing in my MBA Marketing Class...there is a lot of differing of opinions.
    More like a large pothole. But if they make good on the recalls and demonstrate they have fixed the problems, they will likely return. The public, at large, seems to be rather forgetful (except to those people directly affected in a tragic way). For example, the 94 mph Prius Driver in Cali got his 15 minutes of fame, the media got a sensationalistic story, but will we remember it a year from now?

@Michael - Neat list of slogans. I may have to share that around a bit...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

funny stuff Michael

pjvesperman - I think it's just a bump in the road. I think a lot of it is just piling on.

As an example, the guy in California who had his accelerator stick. FoxNews is playing it to death. Monday they reported it, Tuesday they reenacted it, Today they played the 911 call.

Eventually people are going to catch on and things will go back to the new normal of GM and Chrysler continuing to go down the tubes and Ford and Toyota increasing market share.

Of course I could be completely wrong
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    love it!

I think it's just a bump in the road. They produce some pretty good, reliable vehicles. Something like this is news, which means it's not excepted. With some manufacturers, problems like this wouldn't be newsworthy.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    It is much more than a bump in the road, due not to the problem itself, but rather, to Toyota's incredible incompetence in analyzing, understanding, and rectifying the problem.

They first took the easiest way out, saying it was due to floor mats. WRONG!

Then they said it was due to an accelerator pedal problem. WONG!

Now, in view of continued and increased complaints, including from Toyota owners whose vehicles have been "repaired", they have re-examined the problem yet again, and now are apparently saying it is an onboard computer problem.

I'm not saying their incorrect conclusions were intentional, but it is interesting that each succeeding fix has been/will be more expensive for Toyota than the preceding one.

(but the slogans are still funny)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager HolyLandStone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjvesperman

This is not the first time this has happened on the automotive industry. Check out the stories with Ford Pinto.
    Ford had a bad period for at least 10 years.

Funny post Michael

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Now, in view of continued and increased complaints, including from Toyota owners whose vehicles have been "repaired", they have re-examined the problem yet again, and now are apparently saying it is an onboard computer problem.
    Is it strange that, being a programmer and a techie, having computers controlling critical systems in vehicles that hurtle me along at fast speeds makes me nervous? LOL. Always has...
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Is it strange that, being a programmer and a techie, having computers controlling critical systems in vehicles that hurtle me along at fast speeds makes me nervous? LOL. Always has...
    Uh-oh. How do you feel about flying?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Uh-oh. How do you feel about flying?
    Mixed feelings. LOL.

I had a professor in college that used to work for Airbus. Some of the things he told us were a little disconcerting. LOL.

But planes stay in the air most of the time, so I still fly.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

They call them computers, but they're not what you or I think of as computers. They're very specialized, solid-state devices that are built to function under harsh conditions for extended periods of time. They don't have the things that usually fail on our "computers": hard drives, Microsoft products, mechanical components, etc.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    They don't have the things that usually fail on our "computers":, Microsoft products
    maybe this round of models were running Windows Vista

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLandStone
    This is not the first time this has happened on the automotive industry. Check out the stories with Ford Pinto.
    Ford had a bad period for at least 10 years.

Funny post Michael
    The Ford Pinto situation was entirely different. Ford was aware of the dangerous gas tank problem in the design of the Pinto. They made a conscious financial decision to make no design or manufacturing changes based on their determination that it would be cheaper for the company to defend lawsuits and ultimately pay some damage claims for injuries and deaths they caused, than to pay the $10 per car that it would cost to make them safe.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I heard on talk radio today people talking about the latest guy out in CA. Some of the things he said don't seem credible: he's going down the road for 20min. talking on his cellphone at @ 90mph! , yet he's afraid to put the car in neutral? uh, ok.

By this point, if you have a Toyota (or any car), and you don't know to shift to neutral if the engine races unexpectedly, you're going to succumb to what can only be described as natural selection.
    http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car...vers-editorial

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    I had a professor in college that used to work for Airbus. Some of the things he told us were a little disconcerting. LOL.
    Real pilots don't let pilots drive Airbus'

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    They call them computers, but they're not what you or I think of as computers. They're very specialized, solid-state devices that are built to function under harsh conditions for extended periods of time. They don't have the things that usually fail on our "computers": hard drives, Microsoft products, mechanical components, etc.
    Oh, I know that. And I know some fallible humans that make them. LOL. And I know some fallible humans that test them. The key words here are "fallible" and "human"... not computer. ROFL. Computers only do what we tell them to... for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker
    Real pilots don't let pilots drive Airbus'

Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    the latest guy out in CA. Some of the things he said don't seem credible: he's going down the road for 20min. talking on his cellphone at @ 90mph! , yet he's afraid to put the car in neutral? uh, ok.
    Funny, I was wondering that this morning while they were playing the 911 call.

In yesterday's interview, when ask why he didn't just shut the car off, he said he was afraid of what might happen.

Something about the story just doesn't smell right. Supposedly NTSB and Toyota engineers are pouring over the car to determine what happened. Curious to see their findings.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

If you shut your car off you loose your power steering and power brakes and on some cars the steering wheel locks and cannot be turned when the key is turned off.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    What's all this serious talk about image, Business Classes and Reputation and stuff. Let's go Back to jokes:

Toyota: Being Green was never so exciting

Toyota: Bet you didn't think a Prius could do 100

Toyota: The E Ticket from Japan

Toyota: Scaring people to take the Train.

Toyota: Your own Dual Engine Runaway Locomotive

Toyota: Fear can keep you under 1000 miles a month

Toyota: Think of all the gas you will save with a scary hybrid

Toyota: GM's secret sabotage program is finally paying off

GM's Slogan: At least the Saturn EV1 never went ballistic

Prius: It's like a high-tech crazed dog on a leash

Prius: Making Soccer Moms race car drivers in one day

Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by andbeyond View Post
    what's all this serious talk about image, business classes and reputation and stuff. Let's go back to jokes:
    lol! +1
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

5.3 million? That makes the paltry 60,000-or-so that Peugeot and Citroen had to recall in Europe look like nothing.

Oh well, it's not like Toyota can't afford it...as well as a few extra million in legal damages and compensation payouts!
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]50% Recurring Commission on SAS! -- Up To $98.50 Per Sale, Per Month![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [B]ALL-NEW[/B] SAS Social Media Marketing Program: [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26086]Join AlphaHype.net NOW![/URL]
    [URL=http://alphahype.net/]AlphaHype website[/URL]. [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=603]ABW dedicated affiliate forum[/URL].

[B]Dani Evans[/B] -- AlphaHype.net Affiliate Program Manager. [B]email:[/B] dani (at) alphahype.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast