Connecticut Internet Sales Tax is Back
    As they promised last year, Connecticut legislators have again proposed Internet sales tax.
    HB 5481 was introduced on Monday and there will be a public hearing on Mar 15. This bill is identical to last year's (SB 806).
    Since a lot of the groundwork was laid last year, Connecticut Affiliates should make sure they voice their opinion.

If any assistance is needed please let me know. This includes help with writing a letter, talking points and if easier for you assisting with a conference call.

Link to HB5481 - http://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/TOB/H/201...481-R00-HB.htm
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

ABW Ambassador
    Slowly it seems no state is safe from this nexus ... Hope the affiliate marketing as we knew does not have to end this way at the hands of legislators. But I am getting skeptical day by day ...

I don't think it will put an end to affiliate marketing, but it is changing it a bit. I think more are waking up to the fact that there are a lot of ways and areas in which our industry needs to grow up.

It certainly should be obvious that there are some deficiencies in the area of "protection" for ethical affiliates, the lack of respect in some cases and the vulnerability.

As more and more states propose legislation legislators are looking at what other states have done and some are actually trying to improve the laws. Another positive that may come out of all this is that as more states propose "modern nexus" laws they also put more pressure on the Federal government to address the issue.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy

Last year it was a Senate Bill. and this year a House Bill?

Should I be sending opposition email now or wait?
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Since the hearing is on Monday, I would get started emailing, especially members of the Joint Committee on Revenue & Bonding. This bill is a Joint effort (both houses).

If you need help let me know.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

what can we do? i thought this bill was dead?

i live in new canaan ct. if you can maybe post a link with a letter i'll fax something tomorrow to whomever. my local state rep told me this bill was dead last year. i guess not.

here's a good resource for CT affiliates. lets get on the horn this weekend and let the committee members know our point of view!

http://groups.google.com/group/pma-c...e4b7c05332e55e

I have sent information via email and pm to Ct affiliates and am helping several privately (as they have requested).

Affiliate Advocacy has posted some the information at http://affiliateadvocacy.com/2010/co...g-this-monday/ additional details and assistance is done via phone and email.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Hi all.

I just posted an update and call to action on a new post. Please please get involved now, I mean now as in 12 midnight or 8am in the morning. Read my post or PM me to help out and spread the word to as many CT affiliates as possible.

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131161

Thanks,

John

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread