A few days ago I received an email from CallWawe.

It was from the new affiliate manager. She tells me that I have broken links on my site, and asks what I'm doing to promote the program.

A reply showing her that in fact, there are no broken links on my site. I think that the misunderatanding is solved.

But I just opened a new email containing this lovely message:

"We regret to inform you that we have removed you from the CallWave
    > affiliate program. We cannot find evidence of our advertisements on your
    > site, and your site topic is not complimentary to promote our services.
    > We wish you the best of luck earning commissions with more complimentary
    > partner programs.
    > Regards,"

I'm so MAD!!! First of all, the whole page is dedicated to CallWave. So how is it possible to not find any evidence of their advertisement when the whole fraking site is devoted to them!

Secondly, first she says I have broken links, now she says there's no evidence of any advertisement on my site? Which is it?

Thirdly, I just received my latest check today. TODAY. I've been receiving checks from CallWave without fail for FIVE years straight. How did I acomplish that without any advertisements (or broken links) on my site?

I don't know what to do now. I replied to her showing her the site, and telling her that I've never had a problem with CallWave. But I have a feeling she will ignore this message just as she ignored the last one.

I really don't want to be out of this program. This was the one check I could count on every month.

I'm so mad, and so sad at the same time.

What can I do?

Yikes netsu! Sorry to hear about that. I would suggest calling the Aff manager to discuss this verbally.

Good luck!

ABW Ambassador
    Go to their website, look at their contact page & pick the most important-sounding title & contact them.

If the program has been working for you for 5 years, everyone there couldn't be unresponsive or incompetent.

Wayne

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
    "It was from the new affiliate manager"
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I think that after five years with no problems there, you should be able to contact the merchant directly and explain the situation with the new affiliate manager they have now running their business.

Sal.

Thank you Ian, and NorthenStudio for your advice.

Ian, I don't know how much good it will do talking to her. She's either incompetent or has an agenda (though I can't imagine why she's want me out). She contradicted herself in both emails..

NorthernStudio, I've never had any problem with them. But this person is new, and oviously she's not up to their previous standards!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Sal:
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
    "It was from the _new_ affiliate manager"
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I think that after five years with no problems there, you should be able to contact the merchant directly and explain the situation with the _new_ affiliate manager they have now running their business.

Sal. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Sal, I think I will have to do now. I will have to find out the name of whoever is in charge there.

I agree, get her and her boss on the phone. It's alot easier to hide using email.

if they don't owe you money forget them. They don't want you as affiliate one time, you shouldn't want them as webmaster a hundred times.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>if they don't owe you money forget them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You would end five years of steady income because a new employee has made a mistake, has an agenda or simply doesn't know the ropes yet? You wouldn't invest a few minutes and a phone call to straighten it out?

Wayne

**** UPDATE ****

The AM emailed me back saying that they lost a bunch of emails last week and so she never saw mine. Looks like it all was an honest mistake.

She reinstated my acount

Thanks to everyone for your kindness in answering this thread! And yes, it would have been a pity to have lost this steady check!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'd missed this thread until now, but:

Great! Glad it got worked out.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Hey Netsu, I was just about to get on the horn and ... well, since your problem is fixed, there is no need. It's great news! After 5 yrs of steady business, that should not have happened. To be honest, I can say that sometimes mistakes do happen at the merchant level. My staff and I have had our share but as along as the mistakes are resolved quickly and fairly, it's all good.

Enjoy!

Thank you, Leader and Ian!

Why do new hair-brained affiliate managers always get straight onto the delete affiliates button? What a foolish strategy to start your job with. Companies spend thousands of dollars trying to get affiliates only to dump them when the newbie gets hired. Why not try and convert them to better affiliates like some of our quality AM's do around here. I guess that's the difference between the abw greats and the other nonsense.

I think companies should spend less effort trying to hire a degree and more time looking for common sense type folks that actually have an understanding of how this business works.

netsu,

I'm glad everything worked out to your satisfaction. I still firmly believe it takes two to make affiliate marketing work: an affiliate who can pre-sell and deliver a customer to the merchant site, and a merchant that can convert that customer and make them a buyer.

If affiliates are getting the customer to the merchant, but there's no sale, who's fault is THAT?!?!?!? (Hint: It's not the affiliate)

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    Why do new hair-brained affiliate managers always get straight onto the delete affiliates button? What a foolish strategy to start your job with. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> In my experience, they wait for the newbie to come in and instruct them to do all the things they wanted to do, but didn't want to get into trouble for doing or couldn't do themselves. If the newbie does something wrong, management is likely to be easier on them than someone who has been with the company for so many years and should know better. I'm not saying it's right, just that it happens sometimes.

You are right Jenn, I forgot how management types can be.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread