Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Report Bugs in New Site Here!
    If you find problems with the new site, please report them here!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager affiliateaholic's Avatar
    roger

MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I'm not sure if it's been reported officially either Michael, though BurgerBoy was saying in one of the other threads that the "GIVE FEEDBACK" button on the far left of the site is cutting off part of the page in IE8.

I'm using FF 3.6 and IE7 and there's no issue with me, so it might be isolated only to the new IE.
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]50% Recurring Commission on SAS! -- Up To $98.50 Per Sale, Per Month![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [B]ALL-NEW[/B] SAS Social Media Marketing Program: [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26086]Join AlphaHype.net NOW![/URL]
    [URL=http://alphahype.net/]AlphaHype website[/URL]. [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=603]ABW dedicated affiliate forum[/URL].

[B]Dani Evans[/B] -- AlphaHype.net Affiliate Program Manager. [B]email:[/B] dani (at) alphahype.net

I'm looking for the button to order the posts "newest first," and don't see it

OK, found the link: x number of unread posts. not sure that's the best title

Look in the upper right hand corner of the page by your username where you log in and you will see a link for - unread post. That's the new post link.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

The other issues reported in the Welcome to the new ABW thread:

* The "New Posts" button link isn't as obvious or prominent as it used to be.

* The main font is too big and less readable.

* Can the default avatar be removed (or perhaps changed into a custom ABW avatar?)?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

A few I would like to add:

1) There used to be a keyboard shortcut (Control K) to insert a hotlink in a post. That doesn't work anymore (and it opens a new window in IE8, which is annoying). Could we get that back?

2) Some of the sub-forums (perhaps all of the sponsored ones?) don't have a New Posts link and the headers are quite a bit different. Did something get busted? I think this was working in the dev site.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

The Quick Links button doesn't work for me either.

Michael,

We are building 2 lists this morning to act on: functionality issues and design complaints. The functionality issues are getting worked first, because they have the greater impact on the community and we will work through the design complaints as time permits during the next week or so.

I appreciate all of the great feedback from the community! Please keep it coming.

Jeremy Burton
    iNET Interactive
    Online Vertical Product Manager

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporateGuy View Post
    Michael,

We are building 2 lists this morning to act on: functionality issues and design complaints. The functionality issues are getting worked first, because they have the greater impact on the community and we will work through the design complaints as time permits during the next week or so.

I appreciate all of the great feedback from the community! Please keep it coming.

Jeremy Burton
    iNET Interactive
    Doing a great job Jeremy..

But start with that horrible give feedback button please.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Not a bug but an opinion or comment regarding the short descriptions that appear next to some of the sub forums. The exclamation points should be periods.
    These seasoned veterans of the industry manage affiliate programs for merchants!
    Need a break? Come here for off-topic discussions, photos, jokes, sports talk and more!
    Find all the latest news and details about upcoming events here!
    Together, we can all become better affiliates!
    Otherwise, I agree that the "Give Feedback" beta button is annoying. A better default image would be better (don't need to feel more like a target than I already do lol)

Aside from some broken images that others reported looks good.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Question
    There is something wrong with the New Posts thing...

Before I log in, it says: 405 New Posts Today

After I log in, it says: 273 Unread Posts

But, that's not the main problem...

---------------

Before the upgrade I was able to click the Mark as read link, and get only the New Posts after that, also... even if I get my DSL disconected, I would still stay online until I personally Log Out, but not now...

A few minutes ago I got a DSL glitch and I had to log in to ABW again, I never had that problem before...

Before I log in again, I cleaned all the cookies, but then I get the:
    405 New Posts Today
    273 Unread Posts

Again!

Before the upgrade, I was able to see only the new posts that were made since the last time I was online, now I get all the same posts that I allready have read, or seen on my last log in, session...

Is there a way to avoid seeing the same old post on the New Posts Today, display?

Correction: I found the Mark as read link, it was there, but I didn't see it before...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr. Sal; March 11th, 2010 at 11:56 AM.

I'm going to go ahead and have the "Floating Feedback" form removed today. The forums are capturing the kind of feedback that we need, so there's really no need to duplicate that functionalty.

Jeremy Burton
    iNET Interactive

I'm going to go ahead and have the "Floating Feedback" form removed today. The forums are capturing the kind of feedback that we need, so there's really no need to duplicate that functionalty.

Jeremy Burton
    iNET Interactive
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I had to change the rule in my email program that automatically put ABW notices in their own folder because the subject lines are no longer prefaced by [ABestWeb]. DOWN WITH THE NEW! BRING BACK THE OLD!!!

Nah, just kidding. I changed the rule I'm glad to see you guys are really taking into account all this feedback and making changes, it's a great new way of doing things!
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel M. Clark View Post
    I'm glad to see you guys are really taking into account all this feedback and making changes, it's a great new way of doing things!
    They've been AWESOME to work with. I'm used to working with the Advisory Boards for various networks, where you give them suggestion after suggestion and they may implement a few of them several years later. After my first review of the new design, the moderators and I submitted several pages of recommendations and they got to work on them. There were only a few that they didn't implement. I even had some last-minute suggestions (one yesterday afternoon and one at 2am this morning!) that they got in before it went live.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    I noticed on the front page that the same 125*125 banner appeared twice, next to each other

Checked on this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    I noticed on the front page that the same 125*125 banner appeared twice, next to each other
    Checked with our team and the double banner situation was a momentary issue that would only occur if new banner inventory is being loaded into the system (i.e. unlikely to occur). Thank you bringing this to our attention.

Jeremy Burton
    iNET Interactive

I agree - fixed this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    I'm not sure if it's been reported officially either Michael, though BurgerBoy was saying in one of the other threads that the "GIVE FEEDBACK" button on the far left of the site is cutting off part of the page in IE8.

I'm using FF 3.6 and IE7 and there's no issue with me, so it might be isolated only to the new IE.
    I agree on the "GIVE FEEDBACK" button. I got this one removed. Always appreciate the feedback.

Jeremy Burton
    iNET Interactive

Work-in-progress
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    The other issues reported in the Welcome to the new ABW thread:

* The "New Posts" button link isn't as obvious or prominent as it used to be.

* The main font is too big and less readable.

* Can the default avatar be removed (or perhaps changed into a custom ABW avatar?)?
    Hey Michael,

* The "New Posts" button link isn't as obvious or prominent as it used to be. We are going to move the link to the sub-menu on the forum and sub-forum pages and bold it for better readability

* The main font is too big and less readable. We've heard some complaints about the fonts, especially in the posts. After reviewing this issue with the team, we are going to change the font for better readability. Let's see how this change works first, and if we need to make some additional adjustments, we'll be all over it.

* Can the default avatar be removed (or perhaps changed into a custom ABW avatar?)?[/QUOTE]Probably a lower priority update; maybe we could add a couple of rings on the avatar's chest...;-)

Can't thank you enough for being on top of the issues!

Jeremy Burton
    iNET Interactive

A couple of additional updates on the homepage and then we are going to have to feed the dev team:

1) We are tweaking the "Featured Discussions" sections on the top of the homepage by removing the article snipets and adding a 4th discussion item. We think this unclutters the page and makes the discussions more readable;

2) We are taking a design cue from one of the community posts. In the "Networks and Merchants" section, we are removing the pinkish highlighting and making the "New" Merchants bolded instead. We thought that brings more consistency to the navigation in this section.

Jeremy Burton
    iNET Interactive

Thanks for keeping us updated, Jeremy!

Did you change the font? It looks MUCH better to me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

2) We are taking a design cue from one of the community posts. In the "Networks and Merchants" section, we are removing the pinkish highlighting and making the "New" Merchants bolded instead. We thought that brings more consistency to the navigation in this section.
    Thanks!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Table columns in the list of "New Subscribed Threads" at http://www.abestweb.com/forums/usercp.php are messed up. The header line defines 6 columns, but there are only 4 columns in the subsequent rows.
    --

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast