Question What is the best network for my business to manage a new affiliate program?
    Hi,

I am running a group-shopping website in London. The primary products being sold are heavily discounted vouchers for food/drink (restaurants, bars) and health/beauty (spas, salons etc.)

Note that this is a new business so there is as of now very little sales and conversion data, but as a business model it has been spectacularly successful in the US, and we are sure it will be in the UK. Note that this is a very local business in terms of sales focus

We had a bunch of inbound interest from affiliates who want to place our widget on their site. The widget would then display the hot deal of the day for the relevant city. What is the best program for a business like ours to manage the links/invoicing for already-interested affiliates, and find new affiliates?

Thanks so much,
    s
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; March 11th, 2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Removed hot links to other websites

There are loads of affiliate networks that will suit your needs and depending on who you talk to you will get different recommendations, however in my opinion you can't go wrong with ShareASale.

We signed up with them less than a month ago, thus far have over 110 affiliates signed up to our program and their service is fantastic.

But anyway, shop around and see what shoe fits bets for you, so to speak!
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]50% Recurring Commission on SAS! -- Up To $98.50 Per Sale, Per Month![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [B]ALL-NEW[/B] SAS Social Media Marketing Program: [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26086]Join AlphaHype.net NOW![/URL]
    [URL=http://alphahype.net/]AlphaHype website[/URL]. [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=603]ABW dedicated affiliate forum[/URL].

[B]Dani Evans[/B] -- AlphaHype.net Affiliate Program Manager. [B]email:[/B] dani (at) alphahype.net

ShareASale is a fabulous network (my personal favorite), but it's always good to look at all of your options.
    Quote Originally Posted by sergef View Post
    We had a bunch of inbound interest from affiliates who want to place our widget on their site.
    Have you asked those affiliates what network they would prefer?

It sounds like your consumer audience is in the UK. (Any chance you would expand to the US?) Do you have a feeling yet for where your affiliate base will be? Will it be primarily in the UK or in the US? If it's a good mix, you might want to consider a company like AffiliateFuture or buy.at that has a good presence in both.

A couple similar merchants I know of in the US (Entertainment Passbook and Restaurant.com) both use Commission Junction, if I'm remembering right. I seem to recall at least one (a Las Vegas savings guide) merchant on ShareASale.com. What other networks are your competitors using? Sometimes one network has a clear concentration in some areas, which can help your recruiting efforts.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I think most of all we want a network that has a lot of local advertising affiliates who would be able to drive traffic interested in local restaurants, events, gyms, haircuts etc. (essentially Yelp-like)

Have you asked those affiliates what network they would prefer?
    no, will look into it

It sounds like your consumer audience is in the UK. (Any chance you would expand to the US?) Do you have a feeling yet for where your affiliate base will be? Will it be primarily in the UK or in the US?
    it will almost certainly be UK based initially; we will be expanding to other European countries but not to the US.

A couple similar merchants I know of in the US (Entertainment Passbook and Restaurant.com) both use Commission Junction
    CJ seems to have requirements (e.g. track record) that we will not meet at this point because the business is new.

Maybe you should attend A4U Expo in Munich. https://www.a4uexpo.com/europe/
    I'm sure you can find there some European affiliate networks searching for merchants like you.

BTW: why do you want to build your affiliate program in affiliate network, in same way you can build your own in-house affiliate program. In long term you will save some money (cost of network).
    If affiliates already contacted you, it means, that you will not have problems to find new affiliates also for your own in-house affiliate program
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Viktor Zeman[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/]Quality Unit [/URL][/B] Founder and [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/postaffiliatepro/]Post Affiliate Pro[/URL][/B] developer

Affiliate Manager affiliateaholic's Avatar
    You can try some UK based networks such as Affiliatefuture.co.cu, affiliatewindow, afform, buy.at, OMGUK.com,webgains.com and the UK park of some networks.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread