OK, given some thoughts as to how to grow the Naked Zombie affiliate program faster (everyone says it takes 90-120 days, but I'm not someone who likes waiting), and came up with an idea that may be of use. Or utter crap, we'll see.

-AFFILIATES
    Have affiliates create a profile which determines their content specialty by NAICS/SIC code. They can include other non-identifiable things to let AM's understand more about how they best work. SEO, vs buying PPC, vs pure content. Dollor volume sales per month, per NAICS code. Prefered creative assets: banners, text links, badges, etc.

-MERCHANTS
    Now, have Merchant's profile their programs by NAICS codes. They can list their "standard" affilate program in a very structured way: commission, cookie length, etc.

-REVENUE
    Affiliates list free, merchants pay $XX per month ($70-$120) and are allowed to make contacts to 40-100 affiliates based on their "blind profiles". Any smart merchant will know if they're approaching an affiliate in their category earning serious green, they'd better have a good offer to engage them.

Affiliates have a chance to earn more $$$ because the merchant's that approach them are targeted, not wasting their time, and offering bigger commissions. The Merchants are happily paying $1-3 per blind contact to establish a possible relationship, because it's targeted. (Merchants are NOT charged for the contact if the affiliate does not respond back via email to the merchant after 3 attempts in 14 days)

$120 month - 40 contacts monthly (month to month)
    $90 month - 70 contacts monthly (3 month agreement)
    $70 month - 100 contacts monthly (12 month agreement)

thoughts?

Wow, I would keep your business ideas confidential until they are launched. Of course most people are honest here, but some....

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by :: nakedzombie:
    determines their content specialty by NAICS/SIC code. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What is this code?
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    There is already something like this that has been in development for months and is near launch.

Much more comprehensive - my lips are sealed...

Great ideas are a dime a dozen, it's all about execution. And Haiko/AWB is in the best position to execute this idea. It is my "gift" to the board, if you will.

weisinator: here are the NAICS codes:
    http://www.census.gov/epcd/naics02/naicod02.htm

Catalyst. Hmmmmm. Well, perhaps this is the place to start chatting about it...In dev by AWB? Naturally this would be much more comprehensive than a four paragraph outline, I'm not going to write someone else's business plan ;-)

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread