Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I liked old Theme
    I do not like this new theme at all, it started to hurt my eyes after doing some reading, and every forum is messed up, too many stickies and I have to go through all the sub forums to access the network forum posts.

It might take a little getting used to... I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz View Post
    I do not like this new theme at all, it started to hurt my eyes after doing some reading, and every forum is messed up, too many stickies and I have to go through all the sub forums to access the network forum posts.
    I don't mind the layout, but I too am suffering from the "hurt eyes" thing. The new color scheme and fonts need to be tweaked. I can't spend much time on the board as is, because it does give me a headache. (literally)
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Ditto -- don't care as much for the theme, and it does seem a bit harder on the Old Guys' eyes I'm stuck with.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    I don't mind the layout, but I too am suffering from the "hurt eyes" thing. The new color scheme and fonts need to be tweaked. I can't spend much time on the board as is, because it does give me a headache. (literally)
    I haven't gotten a headache yet but after reading for awhile everything just starts to sort of "blur" together. Maybe if the fonts were a little darker or larger rather than just blending into the background.
    Last edited by JCSupSvc; March 11th, 2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added additional info
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

I agree with John about the "blur together" effect.

One thing I noticed. When I come here throughout the day, I generally go directly to the "Unread Posts" link. I immediately notice the more "scrunched up" look of the listings on that page. It seemed way more open and navigable with the old layout.

*sigh*
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSupSvc View Post
    I haven't gotten a headache yet but after reading for awhile everything just starts to sort of "blur" together. Maybe if the fonts were a little darker or larger rather than just blending into the background.
    Yes, there is a blurring effect for me, as if the pages are pulsing after I read for awhile. Pretty disturbing. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining. Maybe its a browser + monitor + resolution + eye sight kindof thing, e.g. you need a couple of factors in play before it gets really bad.

Firefox 3.5.8
    Resolution = 1280 x 1024
    Dell 21" LCD Monitors
    41 year old near sighted eyes
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    New Coke - It's just as bad.

(Can we go back? Please.)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    Ditto -- don't care as much for the theme, and it does seem a bit harder on the Old Guys' eyes I'm stuck with.
    We are screwed but,

Out with the old , and in with the new !

The new look does seem more visually crowded to me. And the font size is smaller than I prefer -- and I can't seem to change it.

I think the shading/texturing in the main search-results page (what I see when I click "XX new posts") and in the buttons (below each post) makes the page seem more crowded.

With the old theme, I usually left my browser in full-screen mode; with the new layout, I need to reduce the browser window width.

I do not like it either.......
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

It looks like it's a 10.5 point Tahoma font that's being used. I think the main problem is the kearning - the letters are too close together. Perhaps Verdana would be better (like I used in this post)?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    It looks like it's a 10.5 point Tahoma font that's being used. I think the main problem is the kearning - the letters are too close together. Perhaps Verdana would be better (like I used in this post)?
    Yes - Change it to Verdana or Arial.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch View Post
    The new look does seem more visually crowded to me. And the font size is smaller than I prefer -- and I can't seem to change it.
    one thing I like about IE8 is that I can change the font size on any webpage with too small, or too big font, easily...
    Attached Images Attached Images

http and a telephoto
    I just got here today, and here are my thoughts, the font is to small and hard to read. I don't know if Verdana will help, there needs to be a change. I know we need to get used to colors but it does seem that the whole things is making me squint.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Yes - Change it to Verdana or Arial.
    Absolutely that would make a nice difference.
    Generate more fake news.

loxly's post in Tahoma: I just got here today, and here are my thoughts, the font is to small and hard to read. I don't know if Verdana will help, there needs to be a change. I know we need to get used to colors but it does seem that the whole things is making me squint.

loxly's post in Verdana: I just got here today, and here are my thoughts, the font is to small and hard to read. I don't know if Verdana will help, there needs to be a change. I know we need to get used to colors but it does seem that the whole things is making me squint.

loxly's post in Arial: I just got here today, and here are my thoughts, the font is to small and hard to read. I don't know if Verdana will help, there needs to be a change. I know we need to get used to colors but it does seem that the whole things is making me squint.

loxly's post in Georgia: I just got here today, and here are my thoughts, the font is to small and hard to read. I don't know if Verdana will help, there needs to be a change. I know we need to get used to colors but it does seem that the whole things is making me squint.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I use Verdana on my sites, I feel it is more readable. I'm also having a problem though with background colors. They need to be darkened a bit. The are too "shiny/silvery" and it is causing visual artifact problems.

Here's a research question. Have you ever seen a popular forum with background colors that are this bright and shiny? I'm thinking about slashdot.com, digg.com, wickedfire.com, webmasterworld.com, etc. All use darker muted colors plus black and white. There is a reason...

One thing I miss and can't seem to find is in the previous layout on the upper right side of the home page was a list to the effect of 'newest posts' -- where do I find that here?

Overall, I'm not too excited about the new look and feel -- hard on the eyes as some have noted (color scheme & font type/sizes as well as the 'busyness' of the amount of stuff on the page and the goofy stock pictures attached to the sections). I'm sure I'll adjust; but then again I still prefer the old layout of google adwords....

ABW Ambassador
    Text Font Color and Background Color contrast is bad making reading more strainful on the eye. Also, the fonts are small ...

ABW Ambassador
    Readability is lost ..
    But the site looks modern ..
    Usability has taken a back step

Quote Originally Posted by OTProf View Post
    One thing I miss and can't seem to find is in the previous layout on the upper right side of the home page was a list to the effect of 'newest posts' -- where do I find that here?

Overall, I'm not too excited about the new look and feel -- hard on the eyes as some have noted (color scheme & font type/sizes as well as the 'busyness' of the amount of stuff on the page and the goofy stock pictures attached to the sections). I'm sure I'll adjust; but then again I still prefer the old layout of google adwords....
    New post link: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130571

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    I know we need to get used to colors but it does seem that the whole things is making me squint.
    I notice that the background for a post is #FAFAFA. Might be that if it was whiter it would be easier to read.

In the post preview box the background is #FFFFFF and I find it easier to read there.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell View Post
    I notice that the background for a post is #FAFAFA. Might be that if it was whiter it would be easier to read.
    Yes, totally agree John.

Actually, I just tried tweaking it in firebug. I'm not sure what the right answer is... I thought I liked #F6F6F6, but it too seemed a little too bright after I stared at it for awhile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast