I Like The New Theme Because
    Found an improvement that tipped the balance for me in favoring the new theme. In the list of unread posts you could always mouseover a thread title and get a pop of the title="" attribute. The problem was that the sucker would give you a second or two and then disappear. Now it hangs tight and you can read as slow as you want.

I have always found that title pop up would tell me if I was interested in seeing more of the thread but it made me nuts vanishing so quickly.

Maybe this thread will be the start of a list of features that are better to counter balance the lengthy "I like the old Theme" thread.

ABW Ambassador
    I just hovered my mouse over your thread title and it was there for 4 seconds and then went away. Don't remember how long it was with the old one.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Another change I recently found that is a major improvement is when you add a link, you can now type the link text in the body of the post, and then add the url in the ?-Box that pops up. This is much easier than the old way of having to type both in the ?-Box, especially if you are doing a copy and paste of both the text and the url.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Another change I recently found that is a major improvement is when you add a link, you can now type the link text in the body of the post, and then add the url in the ?-Box that pops up. This is much easier than the old way of having to type both in the ?-Box, especially if you are doing a copy and paste of both the text and the url.
    Isn't that the same? I sometimes would type out a post and then highlight a word and click the link icon and input the url.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Isn't that the same? I sometimes would type out a post and then highlight a word and click the link icon and input the url.
    Not that I ever saw, unless I was doing it wrong all these years. I always had to type the text in the box.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    I like the fact that we've all had a voice in everything so far.

I feel I've been heard.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

I just hovered my mouse over your thread title and it was there for 4 seconds and then went away. Don't remember how long it was with the old one.
    Are you using Firefox? I counted to 50 and it was still there.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Not that I ever saw, unless I was doing it wrong all these years. I always had to type the text in the box.
    Yeah, that's always been there. Way I've always done it. Highlight word, click the little world/link icon, pop up comes up saying Please enter the URL of your link:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by John Powell View Post
    Are you using Firefox? I counted to 50 and it was still there.
    Yep, Firefox. Are you using different browser? Hit new posts, put my mouse over your thread title, 4 or 5 seconds. Which is usually enough I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy View Post
    I like the fact that we've all had a voice in everything so far.

I feel I've been heard.
    I suppose I don't feel that I've been heard -- because 90% of what I've said has been negative about the new theme. And, of course, nobody's going to toss the new theme because of my negative comments. (I don't have anything like THAT kind of clout here or anywhere else. )

Sort of kidding. I do appreciate the opportunities I've had to sound off.

But I haven't seen any changes yet, either. Even though I and a few others have shared some common dissatisfactions and voiced them.

Ah, well. I need to spend more time working and less time fussing around the forums anyway.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell View Post
    ...Maybe this thread will be the start of a list of features that are better to counter balance the lengthy "I like the old Theme" thread.
    I like the title of your thread and I may agree with it, but...

How about my thread?... What's Going on with this...

Tons of things I like:

1) I love the multi-quote options.

2) I love (as a moderator) being able to delete spam and ban spammers much quicker and easier.

3) I love the simpler, more compact look of the main forum page, with multi-column sub-forum lists: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/

4) I love the more functional, more comprehensive home page (although I do miss the New Threads area, which I suspect will come back): http://www.abestweb.com/

5) I love (as a moderator) being able to split threads using checkboxes in the main thread rather than a separate page where you just get a small snipet of each post.

6) I love (as a moderator) the expiring redirects that you can create when you move threads.

7) I love (as a moderator) that the New Program Announcements no longer has a "back door" that people can use to post, so we don't have to wonder "is it paid or not?".

8) I love the new logo!

9) I like the built-in spell-checker! (Did anyone else notice that?)

10) I love all of the AJAX stuff, where you can do many things on the same page.

11) I love that the quick reply now has options for images and links. (One or both of those wasn't there before, but I've already forgot!)

12) I love the flexibility that the upgrade will provide us when it comes to developing new features.

13) I love (as a moderator) being able to find deleted posts now. Previously, if we deleted spam and a spammer, and they came back and said "what did I do wrong?", it was almost impossible to find their old posts to make sure we didn't make a mistake. Now, we can.

14) I love the clean, more consistent look and feel.

I'm sure there's much more.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yep, Firefox. Are you using different browser? Hit new posts, put my mouse over your thread title, 4 or 5 seconds. Which is usually enough I guess.
    I see your behavior in IE8 but I always check the forum with Firefox and the title displays indefinitely. It would never stay up long enough for me to read it all with the old theme.

I think the email notices for followed threads is more reliable and faster than before.

Like Michael the multi-quote and reply with quote seems better too.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Tons of things I like:

1) I love the multi-quote options.
    I love this and I know what you mean about the moderator functions. I've been using them on some of my sites for a while now and I've been hoping ABW would get them soon. And now we have them!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Same here - no change from the old site - hover and see it for about four seconds.
    Yeah, that's always been there. Way I've always done it. Highlight word, click the little world/link icon, pop up comes up saying Please enter the URL of your link:
    Thinking more about it, I know I tried to do it that way, and it never worked for me.

I like new outline, althoug its a bit hard to digest as first, color theme and outline has become more sophisticated but i wana see badges and achievement tags like before
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Craig Stephen[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://Logoinn.com/affiliate-program"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"][B][SIZE="1"]Logoinn.com[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://Logodesign247.com"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][URL="http://www.logodesign247.com/affiliate/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logodesign247.com[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE]
    [EMAIL="affiliate@logoinn.com"][SIZE="2"]Contact Us[/SIZE][/EMAIL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=30741"][COLOR="Black"]Full [B]PPC[/B] Allowed / [B]30%[/B] flat commission / Unlimited Cookies [/COLOR][[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logo Design[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]24/7[/B][/COLOR]][/URL][/SIZE]

Weird, but I still see the old favicon, and that is now on 4 different computers...

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lintlin View Post
    Weird, but I still see the old favicon, and that is now on 4 different computers...
    I see the new one....

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

I see the new one too.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by lintlin View Post
    Can it be that it's tied to a Bookmark or Favorite that you have saved on your PCs? If so for the heck of it delete the Bookmark and see what happens.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread