I am used to waking up these days to a nice healthy sum from sales already in the morning - is it just me, is it Christmas shutdown setting in, what the heck happened this morning???

Abigail

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    My sales at cj have stopped. 1 order only in past 4 -5 days. I had at least been getting a 2-3 a day. Not huge #s to base on but the tap was shut off a bit early on CJ.
    Performics, personalised gifts from LS and Allposters have been still showing up, just CJ has been a diisapointment over the last week. Wish allposters would convert so well all year

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

ABW Ambassador
    The is the Full Moon day.

Last week was Friday the 13th. That's when my curse came. Ever since then my daily performers stopped cold and my reports are filled with Halloween time reversals.

quote:
    is it Christmas shutdown setting in, what the heck happened this morning???

It *is* kinda slow over here.

Real slow.

Really, really slow.

So slow I've fallen to cleaning off the .tmp files on my computers.

I truly think the only cure for it is A Nap.

CodeJockey.

(Like s-o-o-o-o slow I'm correcting typos.)

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Had a nice ring sale go through yesterday for one merchant, but of course eBay was kind enough to counteract that with a buncha reversals. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

"No day is so bad, it can't be fixed with a nap." - Carrie Snow

Yeah, nothing here. What's up?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

quote:
    Yeah, nothing here. What's up?

I would suspect that 'something' is up.

We've gone five hours without a sale in our cj accounts. Not unheard of, but when you're doing 6-8 sales an hour in this time block then go to 0 sales, you have to sit back and say "Hmmmmm".

CodeJockey.

It would just be REALLY nice if CJ would post something on their site telling us what is going on everytime this happens. It would be nice if they do it here, too, but I check my CJ page more times a day. A little communication would go a long ways to improve PR right now.

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

I agree.. Today is extremely slow. It is about 1/3 of what it was yesterday (and the past 2 weeks for that matter).

Yup...

Sales have dropped to almost half. All over. This Started Friday 13th.. Wouldn't Ya Know it.

Went to the Mall to drown my sorrows. But all the parking spots were full.

Guess I know where all our shoppers are hanging out.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Cow Patch...

Sorry to disappoint, but...while sales have slowed a bit, things are still rolling along here. Most people shopping online (per prior years experiences) have already ordered to have shipped on time - at this point, people need to use next day or overnight shipping options which are more costly.

When comparing to the past couple of years, the week before Christmas did slow down with CJ sales, so this doesn't seem out of the ordinary on this end. Of course, LinkShare and BeFree sales are still strong through Christmas, but that's due to the sales being booked once shipped, whereas CJ sales are booked at the time of sale, so this makes sense too (CJ sales picked up roughly a week before the other networks as well, for the same reason).

Lets see. Current time is 19-dec-002 12:44:38. Most recent sale was recorded at 19-dec-002 12:41:48. It hit our tracking servers at 19-dec-002 12:34:49 and the latest click happened at 19-dec-002 11:51:50. At this point there is no evidence to support a problem. Traffic is also higher normal.

Business Intelligence Analyst
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    My post was more a sign of resignation the christmas rush from cj merchants seemed to fizzle out much sooner than we hoped, but as stated, not enough numbers to validate anything, and not suggesting here of any impropriaties.
    Lo and behold a sale did come through a while back.
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Eh, it's gotta be about the end of the road for Xmas sales, they are just running out of time. Time for some post Xmas marketing, and building for Valentines, IMO.

"No day is so bad, it can't be fixed with a nap." - Carrie Snow

The majority of my sites are not affected by the holidays so it must just mean that people have run out of money.

Still, clicks are down, which surprises me. There is always the same amount of lookers, regardless of the number of buyers.

ABW Ambassador
    yes, my sales have been down for about 3 days, losing 1000 clicks everyday, but my site stats are still the same, and i am still getting the same emails asking for items, so seems a bit fishy to me, i would have thought people would be still buying! more i would have thought, i myself certainly am, especialy people i have forgotten!!

ABW Ambassador
    It's slowed down a little. I'm already getting ready for the after xmas sales and looking ahead to Valentines Day.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

quote:
    Originally posted by Tamalyn:
    yes, my sales have been down for about 3 days, losing 1000 clicks everyday, but my site stats are still the same, and i am still getting the same emails asking for items, so seems a bit fishy to me, i would have thought people would be still buying! more i would have thought, i myself certainly am, especialy people i have forgotten!!

This is the time where customers start calling in their orders so they get there in time.

I made another post here regarding how to combat that!

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread