Hello,

i received the second issue of the Revenue Magazine today and its great. what do the others think of the second issue ? i think its even better than the first. ah, and there is an big interview with shawn collins in it. i think some of you guys had bit trouble with him right ?

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hi Cosmo,

I got mine too, but have not had a chance to read it, been too busy. I will probably take it with me to read at the dentist office on Friday.
    That's why I like having an industry magazine in print. Then I can work in the waiting room instead of reading People magazine.

how do i get signed up for that magazine? and can i get a backissue? or a sample?

you can signup here: http://www.revenuetoday.com .

ABW Ambassador
    Overstock sent out an offer for it for only $15, check your overstock newsletter.

I am also interested in purchasing past issues. Is there are way to do this?

Regards,
    Tom

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> That's why I like having an industry magazine in print. Then I can work in the waiting room instead of reading People magazine. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reading a magazine is "work??"

I know the first issue could've been better, but I didn't think it was THAT bad!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Reading People would be work...if it had any words that it ;-)

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Tom,

I have a few copies of edition 1.. be happy to send one your way.... let me know via PM
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

I received my copy. I wasn't impressed. Most of the issue was devoted to adult sites, gambling sites, and online pharmacy sites--all things I have no interest in promoting. Hopefully issue three will be a little more focused on mainstream affiliate topics.

The day after I received my copy, I received a THIRD copy of the premier issue.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Glad to see so many folks liked the second issue of Revenue. As noted by myself and others, the first issue was pretty basic, the second was pretty edgy -- and I hope that gives an idea of our range. The third issue will be a bit more mainstream, with a cover story about online travel and features on such topics as indie programs, collectibles and religious sites. PLUS a major interview with a big industry figure. Hope you like!

Do me a favor? If you've read the magazine and have feeling (pro or con) on any of the stories, please send us an email at Editor@RevenueToday.com I'd love to hear from you. Keep the feedback coming. You can help us make the magazine better and better.

Cheers, Tom Murphy
    Editor in Chief

Only got about half way through it on the flight to/from Vegas but so far I like it. Keep it up
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hello folks,

I requested a FREE no obligation copy a while back but never recieved one.

If anyone has an extra copy or any connections at revenue maganize and would like to mail me a copy I would gladly appreciate it. Just curious what it's about.

Thanks,

Mail to:

Jorge Ramirez
    pricester.com
    1001 N. Federal Highway Suite 201
    Hallandale, FL 33009

or you can call me on where to get one:

1-800-839-7994

Hi All,

I was very happy when I first heard about the new Revenue magazine. I think we really need this.

So far, I have been a little disappointed in Revenue. I thought the first issue was better than the second. I'd like to see more profiles of successful webmasters like in the first issue there were four of them. I'd like to have more reporting on industry gatherings. More reporting on good merchants. Maybe for the affiliates, a look at the business from the merchants point of view. Maybe a Merchant profile. Press releases from merchants, networks, etc. More industry news in general.

And believe it or not, I would like to see more advertisements from merchants about their affiliate programs.

If anyone here works the adult side of the internet, you are probably familiar with AVN Online magazine. It's a great resource. I would love to see Revenue eventually become the AVN Online of the mainstream internet.

Just my thoughts!

Ken

I thought the second issue took a theme to the extreme. I can understand the occasional article about the fringe affiliates, but to devote an entire issue... For those of us who pretty much cater to the mainstream, I couldn't imagine an issue more disinteresting than Issue 2. Glad to hear you are returning to more mainstream issues and look forward to issues 3 and beyond.

I'm thinking seriously about subscribing, but between international postage (New Zealand) and currency conversion, I'm reluctant to shell out $70 or so sight-unseen.

Does anyone have a spare copy of issue one (or 2) that they'd be willing to hand on? Will happily pay postage.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> More industry news in general.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like the ABW gathering would be a nice topic for the next issue
    , but thinks they missed the ball

You might like Internet Retailer. It's oriented more towards online shopping rather than affiliate programs, but it's jammed full of great articles and industry news. Plus, it's free.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Please PM me if you can send me "used copy"
    for free or at a cost you suggested

I can paypal int'l postage back to you

Howdy,

It's Tom from Revenue again. I appreciate all the feedback on the mag. And again I'd really like to encourage you to send a letter to the editor at Editor@RevenueToday.com. Pro or con, it's good for the community to get your point of view in the magazine.

A personal note to the person who asked about international subscriptions: it's $42 a year, no matter what country you're in. You can subscribe at RevenueToday.com if you're interested.

Finally, is anyone an affiliate for eBay? If so we'd like to hear from you. Please email me at Editor@RevenueToday.com.

Cheers, Tom

Hi Tom. I'm still wading through the first 2 issues of Revenue. I found it helpful because I'm fairly new to affiliate marketing.

A suggestion for you: You may want to make your displayed username something that denotes that you are with Revenue (like Tom at Revenue). Also, you may want to add a signature to your user profile so your name and title (and any other appropriate information) will show in your posts.

I'll send my magazine feedback to the email address you posted.

Phew - another merchant sent me a freebie copy, so I don't need to subscribe yet

By and large I thought issue 2 was a significant improvement. Especially liked where Haiko calls some of us "the scum of the earth".

Actually, it would be good to have a forum - here, on the magazine site, or elsewhere - for follow up discussion on issues raised in the mag.

Now ... which merchant is stepping up to the plate for issue 3?

I'm with Michael. I was looking forward to the second issue as I enjoyed the first, but this one was a big disappointment. I guess you have to cater to everyone but less adult sites and gambling.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread