So for years I was an organic (SEO) affiliate as hobby, but last November I decided to take my aff. marketing to the next level by broadening my compaigns into mainstream consumer products and applying PPC strategies. I experienced my first pay-per-click holiday shopping season with incredible results by easily converting profits double my PPC spend and watching profitable conversions come in every day. Oh the feeling...

But the holiday shopping season is long over and now I'm focused on identifying the trends that make or break my PPC affiliate campaigns. One very interesting pattern I noticed was that my conversions dropped severely the Monday before Thanksgiving and picked up again on Black Friday while my CTR remained strong then tanked two days before Thanksgiving.

Anyway...by tracking conversions with Excel I'm seeing very interesting trends by month, day of week and time of day and I'm making adjustments for them, but since I only have a few months of data I'm wondering if you guys have identified any interesting trends over the years and how do you adjust your marketing strategy.

I'd also like to hear from any AMs who have identified patterns and trends over the years and who might have advice for affiliates. Another thing is that I know the economy is having an impact on some online merchants but I'm interested in knowing if you guys believe the economy is having an impact on affiliate conversions. In your opinion how is this year rating with past years?