Question What should affiliate managers be mindful of when promoting credit report offers?
    I'm promoting a couple of credit report offers through the network I am employed by. Since this is the first time I've sought out affiliate traffic for this particular type of offer I'm not sure what to watch out for as far as promotion methods go. Can anyone with experience with this type of offer help me out with some of the key things that are important in promoting credit report offers? I'm also interested in knowing if all the consolidated complaints and suits against identity theft protection offers like Lifelock have had any effect on how affiliates are promoting credit report offers since there seems to be some similarity in a few of the commonly used call to action schemes used in both of those offer types.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hi Kevin,

I don't know much about the credit report market, but I know about the following because I recently blogged about this new FTC rule. I'm sure, being in the biz, you probably are aware of this, but you should be sure affiliates know and possibly even need to monitor affiliates to be sure they are in compliance.

The FTC is not fooling around on this disclosure and gives specific wording that MUST be placed at the TOP of the offer page. Full transparency is required to inform consumers that there is a truly free credit report option with no-strings-attached. The new rule goes into effect April 2nd.

FTC Amends Free Credit Reports Rule To Help Consumers Steer Clear of ‘Free’ Offers that Cost Money

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Thanks Linda. That's very helpful. Things like that are the reason I ask a lot of questions whenever I work with an offer type I'm not already well versed on. I really appreciate you taking the time to share that with me.

Kevin

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread