Question Remote-hosted contact form service?
    If you look up the popular 'contact us' scripts, nearly all of them are full of exploits where spammers use code injection to send spam through the script to other email addresses.

Is there a remotely hosted solution anyone can recommend? It doesn't have to be free, but just looking for something cheap, since it only has to handle maybe 50 per month.

I've been using formmail.com forcquite a while.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

And you're happy with them, Bill? That's the main one I'm considering. If a spammer manually fills out the form to check it out, can they still see your email address at any point? Like it won't say "Thanks for your submission, this has been emailed to you@domain.com" right?

Quote Originally Posted by lulav View Post
    And you're happy with them, Bill? That's the main one I'm considering. If a spammer manually fills out the form to check it out, can they still see your email address at any point? Like it won't say "Thanks for your submission, this has been emailed to you@domain.com" right?
    The price is right, the system is flexible and they don't disclose your email (that I recall). The creator of formmail.com was the developer of the original formmail cgi script that became so blatantly compromised during the spam explosion. (I know I got stung way back then.) When they announced the remote-hosted service I figured they knew how to control that - and I already knew how to create the "forms" - so I gave them a try. No complaints, but I am not a "heavy duty" user. YMMV
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I use Emailmeform.com and have on pretty much all the sites I've used both past and present. They have a free option and it's more than adequate -- I've never paid for a subscription and been happy ever since I started with them.

If you haven't yet checked them out, it's worth a look.
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]50% Recurring Commission on SAS! -- Up To $98.50 Per Sale, Per Month![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [B]ALL-NEW[/B] SAS Social Media Marketing Program: [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26086]Join AlphaHype.net NOW![/URL]
    [URL=http://alphahype.net/]AlphaHype website[/URL]. [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=603]ABW dedicated affiliate forum[/URL].

[B]Dani Evans[/B] -- AlphaHype.net Affiliate Program Manager. [B]email:[/B] dani (at) alphahype.net

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread