Putting Affiliate Links and AdSense on the same page?
    Pls i want to know if it's unethical to have an affiliate banner and google ads on the same page.

No. A lot of affiliates have banners and google ads on the same page.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Thanks for the info.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Absolutely nothing wrong with monetizing your pages with adsense and aff links.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

The only thing you have to worry about is using other contextual advertising in conjunction with Adsense (you can't for example combine Adsense with YPN or others, though you can with Kontera so there are exceptions), however combining it with as many affiliate links as you want is never an issue.

So go nuts!
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]50% Recurring Commission on SAS! -- Up To $98.50 Per Sale, Per Month![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [B]ALL-NEW[/B] SAS Social Media Marketing Program: [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26086]Join AlphaHype.net NOW![/URL]
    [URL=http://alphahype.net/]AlphaHype website[/URL]. [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=603]ABW dedicated affiliate forum[/URL].

[B]Dani Evans[/B] -- AlphaHype.net Affiliate Program Manager. [B]email:[/B] dani (at) alphahype.net

But remember that affiliate marketing will "usually" outperform anything like adsense, so once you get the right traffic you might actually lose revenue to other affiliates and merchants through adsense. I recently moved some of my adsense from top to bottow of a website; I lost some adsense revenue but not a big deal as I gained affiliate sales. I'm not sure if the increase in affiliate revenue is a direct result of moving adsense but it just seems to make more sense.

My biggest peeve with adsense is when the merchant decides to insert adsense on their own website. To me that's a direct conflict with the affiliates because the visitor I sent through PPC could click right off the merchants landing page to another website, and the merchant gets paid but the affiliate loses out. I also think it's a sign of merchant weakness & makes me second guess doing affiliate business with the merchant.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Afam, I don't think it's unethical to put aff links and Adsense on the same page, just not in your best interest.

You will make pennies from a click on Adsense and much more if you actually make a sale through your aff links. Guess it depends on how hard you want to work at ad copy and pre-sell.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne View Post
    Afam, I don't think it's unethical to put aff links and Adsense on the same page, just not in your best interest.
    Agreed. The only way that you'd likely earn more from your Adsense over your affiliate commissions would be:

A. You have loads of highly-targeted traffic on keywords that pay several dollars per click, and;

B. Your pre-selling or copy sucks.

While it's not a bad idea to put Adsense up, especially if you're new to the game and you want to learn something, just don't expect to earn anything that you could call a real income from Adsense unless you're getting tens of thousands of very-highly-targeted visitors to your site.

And in the case that you are, you're better off focusing this traffic on your affiliate products anyway!
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]50% Recurring Commission on SAS! -- Up To $98.50 Per Sale, Per Month![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [B]ALL-NEW[/B] SAS Social Media Marketing Program: [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26086]Join AlphaHype.net NOW![/URL]
    [URL=http://alphahype.net/]AlphaHype website[/URL]. [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=603]ABW dedicated affiliate forum[/URL].

[B]Dani Evans[/B] -- AlphaHype.net Affiliate Program Manager. [B]email:[/B] dani (at) alphahype.net

nothing wrong putting both adsense and affiliate links on your pages

Generally if you get traffic targeted to some specific product or service affiliate commissions will easily outperform adsense.

You don't want to lose a visitor that could convert into a sale for a $0.10 adsense click

Thank everyone for the info...really appreciate it. I asked because i'm having it bad with my affiliate program basically becasue of the very low traffic on my site. But i want to stay with affiliate marketing and work hard to make sure something good comes out of it.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by afam4eva View Post
    Thank everyone for the info...really appreciate it. I asked because i'm having it bad with my affiliate program basically becasue of the very low traffic on my site. But i want to stay with affiliate marketing and work hard to make sure something good comes out of it.
    To be fair, if you have low traffic, it doesn't really make much difference what ads you have on your page.

Work on getting more traffic and then think about what ads you have and what affiliate links you have.

Without the traffic, it is just a website not making any money. Seems like you are looking at it backwards. Work on getting more people visiting your website.

i want to stay with affiliate marketing and work hard to make sure something good comes out of it.
    Afam,

It can take time to build a site that draws the type of traffic typically necessary to make affiliate marketing *work.* If you're willing to work for the "long haul" you're halfway home. Keep building your site(s) and adding good, original content as you can. Eventually, you will have a site worth visiting and re-visiting and your affiliate marketing efforts will pay off.

It's not a get rich quick business unless you have countless dollars to throw into PPC and buying traffic/sales. Either way, it can and will work if you stick with it, make the effort to build something of value to others and learn all you can as you go.

Being here at ABW, interacting with others who do this and reading all you can about the industry is a step in the right direction most people don't make until much later in their affiliate marketing career so you're a step ahead of the herd.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Thanks Roxanne...

I have to heartily disagree with those who say putting adsense up in conjunction with affiliate links is not a good idea.

In a lot of cases, there may be product lines (designer fashion accessories, for instance) where sales conversions are difficult to come by, but at the same time, adwords bid competition is fierce.

If nobody buys that $2,000 handbag that you have on your site, and you don't have adsense working for you, you get nothing. If they click on your adsense ad on the way out, you may very well get several dollars just for the click... whether that person winds up buying something from that advertiser's site or not. A site that makes little to no sales at all could very well generate tens to hundreds or even thousands of dollars per month with adsense.

If you've got enough traffic to gauge results with, it's easy to run a "with adsense" and "without adsense" test to determine which way you need to go.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Thanks Roxanne...
    You're very welcome.

*Looks around to see if Roxanne slipped into the conversation while I wasn't paying attention*
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Hey Roxy!
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread