It seem like the same o same o, to get you to put their banner on your site. "Ask us what we can do for you",falls to the wayside, when you ask for a Micro Banner 88 x 31, and the request goes unanswered after 3 weeks.

A white background is requested, nothing nada, zero. Just answer and say no, or we can't do it, something.

PM, email,knock on their door, what does a affiliate website got to do to to make a buck. Anyone, anyone.
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

Some of them sadly do not have dedicated affiliate managers

They lose a lot of revenue that way!
    Lizabeth Sorensen
    Affiliate Program Consultant
    lizATemerchantconsultingDOTCOM
    www.emerchantconsulting.com
    518-233-7431 EST.

Forgot about that. But they sure do have Big Oversize Banners that dominate the page, and squeeze out the contents.

Happened to me too.. I give waiting and make my own banner

And how do you code it so that credit and sales are attributed to you.

I work with front page, so all I have to do is add the text link code, but maybe someone that is used to writing code can help with this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Some of them sadly do not have dedicated affiliate managers

They lose a lot of revenue that way! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yet....some of us who were "many hats" DO take good care of our affiliates

Erik

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by midnightcoder:
    Happened to me too.. I give waiting and make my own banner <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't much like banners and don't use them much, but the most successful ones I've used are ones I made myself for particular merchants. I build the graphics in Fireworks using stuff I get from the merchant site and usually have several different links in it in the form of an image map. Far quicker than all the time sending emails to merchants trying to get them to do it.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Jeez how much expertise does it take to crank out new banner requests. I make many for my own site in odd sizes and some added click flair to assure Norton & Ad blockers doesn't block them from view. Just code them using the networks special coding routine even using MS Frontpage.

Heck I have a page full of various sized banners for a handful of chosen affiliates at www.suspenders.com/banners.htm Getting them to put them up or hot link to product images even with an average 1/20 conversion ratio is the chore.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    ------------
    And how do you code it so that credit and sales are attributed to you.
    ------------

The banner is just a graphic, use the code supplied by the merchant and change the url that contains the jpg or gif to your banner instead. That is the non-technical solution. (Just make sure the graphic you are replacing is not the 1x1 pixel that they use to count impressions.)

Although personnaly, I remove them anyway, what do I can how many times a banner is displayed, I assume that its the same as the number of page views for that page.

Mike

Ok Erik, Let me re-phrase:

Some merchants do not feel it necessary to allocate ANY management resources to their affiliate programs.

This is what I like to call a "NO NO"
    Lizabeth Sorensen
    Affiliate Program Consultant
    lizATemerchantconsultingDOTCOM
    www.emerchantconsulting.com
    518-233-7431 EST.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    &gt; Jeez how much expertise does it take to crank out new banner requests

I agree. They are easy requests. I got a few more requests that we are customizing they'll be up on this page soon.

Meantime we already have several available http://www.e-web-store.com/affiliate-banners.html

ABW Ambassador
    I can relate. I asked one of my merchants (AM) for new banners over a year ago. He has not added new banners, links or e-mailed his affiliates for over two years. Basically was told anything affiliate related was on the back burner. AMAZING!!

Basically, we want a variety of banners, at least 1 micro, a few full, a few half banners. A few full, a few half, sky. White,black, red, background.

We want them to fall off the back of the truck, so all we have to do is copy and paste.

As a merchant just puting the affiliate program in place, I am sickened by what you are saying here.

Don't merchants understand that they can only be as good as there affiliate program, or they should not have one.

Your right it takes very little time puting a banner together.

The biggest thing is simple comunication.

Got to have it.

Do It,

Mike
    Affiliate Program

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Come on merchant AM's as you can see the small timer merchnat programs can crank out tastefull banners or other forms of pre-sell linking creatives. Look at the advantages even if your affiliates don't take and run with them. I placed 5 of those custom banners into the Google Adwords banner display program plus added them to several cheap cost portal monthly top of category displays.

Results in 5 days. All those banners converted on an average 1/13 click basis. Then again I know nothing about selling online if you listen to my fellow ABWers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

joeytomatoes,

Please don't bunch all the good apples with the bad. I'm the full-time affiliate manager for Psychic Revenue, and we pride ourselves on taking care of our affiliates. Banner requests usually take no more then a few days at most, if not the very same afternoon! Our staff is constantly making more resources for our affiliates to use and incorporate in their promotions. My email/phone is always open for such requests. We've found over the years that it's this kind of service that keeps us behind your business, and ahead of the competition!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread