I have recently received an email from an AM regarding his program. Is this a common practice? Should I not worry about how I was contacted and take a look? This program is a tiered prog with 30-40% commish.

Thanks for any suggestions.

One of my very best converting programs I found out about from an AM contacting me.

The AM knew my site, and suggested exactly where and how to implement the program. Showed me that this AM was really doing their job: Win - Win!

Take a look into it and see if it is a good match.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Feel good knowing that the AM thought you worthy.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with responding to that type of email. Some see it as a sort of spam, since the email wasn't explicitly asked for, but really it's a business proposal and should be treated as such. It would be the same as if you had a real-world store and a guy walked in to talk business with you.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

I once received an email from out the blue, didn't know where he got my email address from, but decided to join the program anyway.

At it's peek I was making over $10,000 month from that merchant, then googles Florida update hit, happy days.

So I would say it doesn't matter how you come to know about a program, if it looks good, go for it.

I agree, as long as you don't keep getting pounded.Opportunities are evrywhere in affiliate marketing.

don't be afraid to check out good programs.

Do It

Mike
    Affiliate Program

ABW Ambassador
    >There's absolutely nothing wrong with responding to that type of email.

I've been keeping track of posts made by members regarding a certain industry. I plan to contact posters in a month or so and ask if they might be interested in a NEW program.

PM me if you don't want to be contacted.
    Learder is #1 on my list

I personally use email to recruit affiliates and suggest other AMs do the same. Actually, I suggest they pick up the phone when they can...

The key in my mind is to take the time to research the sites you want to contact and not waste their time.

SPAM is a giant waste of time for all of us. Asking the owner of a site dedicated to quilting if they'd be interested in hearing about a fabric remnant affiliate program isn't.

It is unsolicited and it is commercial, but it's also one hand-selected address at a time. Most site owners can appreciate that. I think they also appreciate being recognized for their potential value to the program.

By the way, if I haven't emailed you yet, and you're perfect for a program I represent, don't be offended. One at a time is slow, so feel free to contact me first...

Cheers,
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

ABW Ambassador
    I don't mind it, saves me some time looking for them. I actually got one from FRBH a few days ago and i can tell you took the time to look over my site. Will get some links up tonite

ABW Ambassador
    Eathan i was just checking out the checkout process and get this

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Procedure 'dr_Validate_New' expects parameter '@LastSessionID', which was not supplied.

/Checkout/Validate.asp, line 26

Ack!

I'll get the techs on the phone asap!
    Eathan Mertz

Thanks for the heads up - phone messages left, emails sent and bug reports submitted.

My guess is late night development gone funky. I'll make sure it's sorted...

Best regards,
    Eathan Mertz

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    GOOD merchants are welcome to email me offers.

Most offers that are emailed or PM'd to me are junk. Either it's some unsaleable thing, or their CJ EPC is awful, or they have no cookies, or some other deal-killer. Those offers go right in the chucker, and I wish there was a way to filter them.

But emailed offers are still fine because occasionally there's actually a GOOD offer that comes in.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Hey Jason, how's things down south ;-)

Very common for AM's to try to recruit affiliates. Take a peek and see what they proggy looks like.

Here's part of the challenge on the part of the AM's (and the AWB board)...SeventiesMartin solf 10K of "something" online. I'd love to have him sell 10K worth of Naked Zombie clothing. Adam would love to have him sell 10K worth of smokes. For all we know his site sold little damned pink kitties that spouted bible quotes. Not a great match for clothing or smokes, but there's no way to know unless he's contacted.

TrustNo1®,

All fixed. Thanks again for the heads up. Feel free to post those links now...

Have a great weekend!
    Eathan Mertz

Leader, I checked it out and looks like they have all of those covered, 120 day cookie, daily deals, looks like good product, and reasonable EPC. Im going to give it a go.

NakedZomie, things are going great in my neck of the woods.

Thanks everyone for your input. I love ABW

Here's an example where I think it is an advantage to join a program where the AM approaches you.

They may not be on any network, they may be running their own program, they may just be approaching website owners of websites they have found on search engines that look relevant.

Join one of these programs and you can find yourself one of a relatively few promoting that merchant, whereas a program on CJ could have the world and his dog promoting them. That can make your job as an affiliate a lot easier.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeventiesMartin:
    Here's an example where I think it is an advantage to join a program where the AM approaches you.

They may not be on any network, they may be running their own program, they may just be approaching website owners of websites they have found on search engines that look relevant.

Join one of these programs and you can find yourself one of a relatively few promoting that merchant, whereas a program on CJ could have the world and his dog promoting them. That can make your job as an affiliate a lot easier. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXACTLY!

We do alot of recruiting for Psychic Revenue this way! Matching relative sites with your program is crucial for conversions. Consider these email offers as business proposals, as you have been specifically selected to promote that program. Great things can come to both party's in these types of situations.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread