I don't know what to say...
    Former President Ronald Reagan Dies at 93
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

http and a telephoto
    That was a man that had a full life and had an impact on the world. His wife is the kind of partner many of us only will dream of finding.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I personally didn't agree with most of his policies. But he was a 1000 times better president than we have now?

Lots of the things he did, I was totally against at the time, but some of them did work out. You should respect him for that. He cared for this country.

If you remove the policy, he was what a president should be. He was tough and strong and thoughtful. He knew what he wanted done and got it done. He was also practical and could compromise. He surrounded himself mostly with the people who believed in what he did, but he also had several desenters (sp?). And when push came to shove, he took responsibility for all his policies. There is one notable exception, but on that matter he did say...

A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not.

I don't think this president would ever say anything like that.

Mike

I am greatly saddened by President Reagans passing. He was one of our greatest presidents.
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

I am happy he passed away in peace. Quoting Tommy Thompson "He was a great president and an even greater man." That says it all for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by charpaula:
    I am greatly saddened by President Reagans passing. He was one of our greatest presidents. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, he was. There are those that don't realize that, but history will (and already has) prove that out. I am saddened too, however in view of his condition, I take solace that he's now in a better place, "a shining city," perhaps.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    &gt; He was one of our greatest presidents.

Correct.

It's also not going to be easy for others to acomplish what he accomplished in so little time.

RIP

A great man from a great time.

The presidents we have had since pale in comparison.
    "Every mans life touches so many others"
    - Clarence

Ronald Reagan, through his wife Nancy, has made another significant contribution to the US and the world. Only 2 months ago Mrs. Reagan finally spoke publicly about how stupid it is for the Republican Party block stem cell research based on religious doctrine that is also based on an incorrect understanding of the science. Her voice, spoken on behalf of her husband, will hopefully open at least some of the self-righteous closed minds on this topic, and pursuade the current or next administration to remove its blockade on this research. I could go on and on about how our (US) stupid religious right is turning the US into a scientific laggard, handing over supremacy in these key areas to other countries, particularly Asia.

As someone who lost a grandparent to Alzeihmers, and has seen first hand how terribly destructive it is to both the victim and especially the family, I am truly happy that Ronald Reagan has passed away. 10 years of his own suffering, and Nancy's 10 years of having her husband not recognize her is a hellatious way to have to live. He, as well as his family are all in a better place now.
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

Ronald Reagan was a good man who led a full life. It seems he was able to do everything he ever dreamed of doing.

I'm sad that he's gone, but I know he's in a better place now.

There is no comparison between Reagan's presidency and the thing we currently have in office...

Andy

While I agree with the sentiments expressed above, and I do, out of respect for our departed leader, let us not turn this thread into a battle ground or petty squabble.

I would be pleased to entertain any topic. However, I just want this thread to be a place to express our feelings about what was no doubt, right or wrong, a great person and probably one of the best representatives our country ever produced.

I hope you understand and are willing to start new threads to discuss those very important topics.

If not, I respect your right to pursue what ever train of thought you wish. I do not own the thread.

Thank you.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Sad to see him go. I wish we had someone of his character now.

He did so much to bring this country back together after the Vietnam War. And the release of the hostages - I will always believe it was because they were afraid to "frick" with Regan.

He made us all proud to be Americans.

I loved when he told Gorby - tear down this wall!
    Ebudae

I really admire the way Reagan could put his thoughts down on paper. He was a true artist when it came to expressing himself. Had he taken another path, and decided to not be an actor or politician, he would have made a great novelist.

Andy

It sad to lose one great human being like President Reagan that made
    the difference in the world.

I admire him and have great respect and he is my favorite president.
    He is one of the reason (like many Americans) made America the best in the world!

May you rest in peace Sir (salute!)
    My prayer goes to your family!
    You will be remembered always for what you given this country. Thank you!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

I think the world is a sadder place for the loss of Ronald Reagan. (Though it sounds like a merciful release after a long, ever-darkening journey.)

RIP.

I remember when I was 18 yrs old and was adimately againt him, and my first presidential vote was cast against him.

I was wrong!

His accomplishments are unmatched.

I just finished listening to his biography "A different drummer" on CD. The man knew what he wanted and he didn't bend to political pressures. He knew how to deligate better than anyone, some said because he didn't know how to do himself. Well, if thats the case, what a smart man to know it.

Thanks for all you have done, roney.

Mike

"I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of my life. I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead."

Ronald Reagan announcing his Alzheimer's disease, 5 November, 1994

I agree wholeheartedly with all of the positive sentiments about Ronald Reagan also.

The Iran-Contra scandal, sadly, is one of the few, ambiguous at best, clouds that hung over his otherewise tremendous credibility, as a person, and president.

I remember the debates with Jimmy Carter, and his famous "There you go again" line, that Jimmy Carter used to turn the tables against him in the second debate. Even though I think, Jimmy Carter was intellectually superior, the sum total of Reagan's character, conviction, and his legacy were far superior...

I remember his sorrowful speeches after the Challenger exploded, and also after the 200+ marines were killed by a suicide bomber at a base, I think in Lebanon. He really was a father figure as president in my eyes, and could convey true compassion.

I also remember his humour when he got shot, as everyone did, "Honey I forgot do duck".

And I remember democratic Senators and Congressmen talk later about how they were brought in to discuss with Reagan particular bills they opposed. He would charm the ideology right out of them and get what he felt needed to be accomplished.

It may or may not be a sadder place without him. I only mean that he is now in peace, and all of our times will come. He most certainly lived a full life...

I think what is sad, is that even those politicians who admire him, don't aspire to his kind of character, and continue that type of character, and legacy that we all would like to see in the leader(s) of our country.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread