Affiliate Manager affiliateaholic's Avatar
    Smile B to B Affiliate Program available?
    A merchant contacts me to get involved in affiliate marketing but insists the B2B business strategy. He mainly sells silk and wool scarves.

I am asking if it is possible to let him enter our world with traditional b2b mark. I tried to persuade but failed.

Could you give me some advice?
    1) I have seen there is a small B2B section on Linkshare. I wonder to know from you who may have experience in any case how it performs. Or is there any other affiliate network who is specilized in affiliate marketing under b2b model.

2)If I introduce the silk program into affiliate world, What ads form shall I take? If I try the CPA, I can give tied commissions to affiliate who refers a qualified lead or who brings in any business. Will CPA model support all the process and make the accurate tracking?

3)Or the specific product will perform better under b2c?

Thanks in advance for all your response.
    "[COLOR="Red"][I][B]Enthusiasm[/B][/I][/COLOR] is the greatest asset in the world. It beats money and power and influence. It is no more or less than faith in action."

[I][B]Henry Chester[/B][/I]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Park City Utah
    B2B is extremely difficult in affiliate marketing and you can spend years trying to figure it out. Business people shop online and my B2B program targets them.

What about the huge sites that market to small business owners? They want a CPM banner deal. If your client is willing to spent $5-10k per month as an advertising budget you can use an affiliate network for tracking. Then if you show the advertiser that they would have made more as an affiliate (and you will pay the difference) you can continue on the basis. Bad thing is that you will find out that their conversion will not make you money.

As for CPA, you can give it a try but would not run it in concert with an affiliate program as it will cannibalize the affiliates. When that happens they will leave you for your competition.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread