Affiliate Manager GreatElectrician's Avatar
    affiliate prgram want to lunch with new site
    Hi to every one at ABW

I hope everything is well and wealthy

what I want to discuss about is affiliate program for electrical goods, that is smoke detector, breakers, out let, and more

I have this supplier friend i want to go join venture in to online sales, I know recruiting affiliate is not EZ thing to do , I donít know if I should take this venture , if i can get some feed back that will be great

and also we getting good deals on product cheaper then home depot
    greatelectrician.com/

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    BEFORE you even THINK about an affiliate program, you MUST FIRST develop a successful merchant site.

Affiliates will not make a site successful; they can only add to what you have already established.

Build your site, road-test your methods, procedures, software, etc. etc., and establish a name in your industry. Then you can add to your success with an affiliate program.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

thanks affiliatehound for the post

betweend 1 to 10 easy to hard , how much work and $$ i have to put to get a successful merchant site, and do you recommend any software out there to be purchased.

thanks alot
    greatelectrician.com/

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Sorry, but I'm not a merchant so I cannot answer those questions, other than to say that hard work and dedication are necessary to succeed in any field.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager
    I've got several merchant sites. Because I'm not a techy person I've had to hire someone else to help build them. If I tried to do it myself, it would have been very hard and taken much longer. ( Actually they would have probably never launched) So, if you're like me and really don't know how to build good sites, then don't buy software, hire someone.

The people who know how to do the technical stuff usually don't know anything about marketing. So you'll need to tell them what needs to be on the site. There is no magic wand - unfortunately.

You sound Like me, do you recommend any place i can go.

thanks alot for the post and thoughts
    greatelectrician.com/

I recommend you to start small and every day develop your web site.
    How would I start:
    1. build your shop - e.g. if you have a lot of items in your shop (I expect if you sell electric goods, you could have few hundreds of items for sale), choose well known shop software like Magento (it is free)
    Fill it with all items you plan to sell - it takes some time and effort to fill in shop with good texts about each item and also good images .... don't skip this, your customers should see value behind products you plan to sell

2. Design your shop ... if you can't do it, hire designer (cheap freelancers are able to do it quite well if you don't have budget)

3. measure conversion of your website and test what works for your visitors and what you should remove ... for testing you can use Websiteoptimizer from google
    For tests you will need some traffic, so you can pay e.g. adwords for limited time to drive traffic to your site

4. After your are ready with good shop web site, with excellent conversion, start to look for affiliate program. You can build your own affiliate program as well as you can join affiliate network, but no option will mean zero effort for you :-) ... affiliate marketing is long term investment and takes time until you will see results
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Viktor Zeman[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/]Quality Unit [/URL][/B] Founder and [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/postaffiliatepro/]Post Affiliate Pro[/URL][/B] developer

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    GreatElectrician, come back to this thread once you have developed a successful online store and we can then discuss launching a program.

Thanks chuck for the post

I will for sure that is no question about that, I was just getting thoughts from people in the great forum
    I am learning and learning from the book that I got from this website and from this forum

Thank you
    greatelectrician.com/

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread