Unhappy Does this one a good email subject of recruitment?
    The first email to some bloggers or forum moderators, the email subjects as follows:
    1. Affiliate partnership between your "site name" and me
    2. Hello "name", Sherry here would like to talk to you
    3. Get $1000 per month after you put me on your site
    I can't think better subjects, Can anybody help me?

Do you think anyone you're emailing will care about or believe any of those subjects?

"1. Affiliate partnership between your "site name" and me"

Why would they care about having an affiliate partnership with you?

"2. Hello "name", Sherry here would like to talk to you"

Why would they want to talk with you?

"3. Get $1000 per month after you put me on your site"

Unless you're planning on paying each and every person you contact $1000 per month just for putting your link up (even if they don't generate a single sale), that's a flat out lie. This is the worst of the three, IMHO.

If I received an email with any of those subjects, it would probably get "filed" in the same "folder" that all similar emails get filed in.

If you really want to get their attention, you need to write about something THEY care about. Maybe something like: "An idea on how you can monetize your blog" or "Love the blog! Idea enclosed."

I understand that English isn't your first language (and I don't know a single word of Chinese and am not fluent in any language other than English, so I know I'm a hypocrite here), but your broken English is going to be a major turnoff to many potential affiliates. If you can afford it, you might want to outsource your affiliate program to an English-speaking OPM.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    My favorite is "Find Out How To Double Commissions"

It really helps when an affiliate manager has had sales experience. It take patience and constantly varying the message until you find one that works.

I get an average of six voicemails a day and only reply if its someone I am working with already or something I want.

None of those would make it past my spam filter.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

That one might work if I was 20 years younger, or 20 years older...

But today... That one sounds like one of the other 100's of spam I get daily, so forget about it!

1. Affiliate partnership between your "site name" and me
    No
    Owners of established websites generally do not go around looking for partnerships as they most likely already have profitable ones in place. Unless you are a bigname merchant, they would not even look.

No
    They do not really care if you want to talk to them. Same reason as above.

3. Get $1000 per month after you put me on your site
    No
    You can not go around guaranteeing specific amounts of income. Savvy merchants and affiliates know this.

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sherry Ciao View Post
    Curious how you'd sign this note (who is it going to be from?) because you are talking in 3rd person like you are introducing them to someone -- no go if you are the one actually writing the letter.

I agree with Michael that you at least would want someone who speaks English natively to at least proofread what you write, which is hard to do if you are personalizing your letter for each site - an OPM is probably the best way to go if you're serious about your biz.

"1. Affiliate partnership between your "site name" and me"
    If this one doesn't look catchy to most of you, what can be done to make it worthy of your attention and time?

Affiliate Manager
    You could track certain parties down in Linkedin or Facebook and contact them with a friendly message there. When I use those networks, I never use a template message. It works well for me.
    [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"]Partner with VerticalResponse and earn up to $125 per sale! [URL="http://bit.ly/itF4W2"][U]Apply Now[/U][/URL].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSupSvc View Post
    None of those would make it past my spam filter.
    I would think so but personalizing the email on the subject level does increase eyeballs.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Sherry,

I read post such as yours and replies by hard-nose Affiliate Managers such as those here that replied to your post to learn as much as I can. Those A Mangers know too well that most affiliates do not have the patience or interest to fool-around with vague and self-servings contacts.

The A Manager that suggested you consider outsourcing to get around your broken English gives sound advice, but you may not want to do that or can not afford it. I confess that I can not help you, but I do make these suggestions:

1. Most affiliates (Independent Business People) do not reply unless there is something in your message of benefit to them.
    2. If you can not out-source then work on your English as best you can.
    3. Be sure that your contact message has a direct, clear and concise message:

• I am offering a business arrangement between you and my company, you and my client, you and this merchant, etc.
    • Merchant, company or my client offers affiliates 6 - 8% commissions - 10 - 12% for Top-Producing affiliates.
    • Your invitation to join ABC company or merchant's affiliate program, etc.

These are just thinking points. Substitute your products, offers. affiliate program, etc. Be direct and factual. Give the affiliate or other person a reason to read your message and a reason to reply. They will not reply just because you request it of them.

Don't let blockage discourage you. Shoot back at these A Managers with some substance, direct questions, purpose of your post. They will then be more specific. They will pounce on me for such basic thinking, but who cares. The main point is for them to give you some good business suggestions. You usually pay for business advice.

Good luck and persist!

Sincerely,

Frank
    Affiliate support

Hehe, all you guys are encouraging me in actual fact. I updates my email subjects and contents day by day. In fact, I have a good start.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread