Being pertubed and pissed off at the money-mongering Yahoo and it's ridiculous Sitematch experiment, I've been looking at other options to submit new sites and pages.

I'm going thru the whole routine of free submission and building link popularity, but I really enjoyed the "quick-fix" that paid site submission brought.

Looking at Lycos Insite, it seems to submit your URLS to many of the same engines that my Positiontech slots did as well as my other Inktomi servants. But, I see no mention of the Overture Sitematch joke. Does Lycos not participate in that? Will my slots at Lycos function similarly to my pre-sitematch Inktomi Slots?

Has anyone had any experiences they could share with me in regards to Lycos or some of the other options out there like ScrubTheWeb, Teoma,
    AskJeeves, Ah-Ha, or Kanoodle?

One other question...If I submitted the same URLS to Lycos Insite that I had submitted to say Positiontech or Marketleap, would that be a NO-NO, or red flag against me?

I request thy knowledge and insight oh Search Engine Gurus. Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business
    At this point i wouldn't spend 1 cent on any url submission. The only time i give money to the SE's is for PPC. I think the paid submission to INK was good for some quick MSN listings but that's gone and there are really no good deals out now, SiteMatch is horrible. The best thing you can do is just get links in and let them list you for free, free is good

ABW Ambassador
    I just cancelled my insite subscription. It didn't really bring in any traffic. It was a lot of money for not much to show for.

But if you do go ahead. Remember that it has an automatic renewal feature. I just got hit with a renewal bill. They did agree to refund the money when I complained. They claimed to have sent an email reminding me. But I never saw it or thought it was spam.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I bet you within 6 months Yahoo will announce a price reduction, where you pay for inclusion, then pay a nickel per hit. They have to be taking a bath on this site match. Even then, I won't pareticipate, because PFI and PPC is too expensive together.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread