Question MovieGoods.com no longer paying affiliates?
    We have been having a problem with MovieGoods.com not paying (long overdue) affiliate commissions for their movie poster sales affiliate program. So far calls and emails to them about this problem paying affiliates have gone unanswered and/or not resolved this problem. There have been some discussion elsewhere that other MovieGoods affiliates may be having similar problems. (Not sure if these issues are related to Disney and Fox suing MovieGoods.com for copyright infringement.)

Are there any other MovieGoods.com affiliates here that have had problems?

Appreciate any info.

ABW Ambassador
    I used to do pretty good with them and then they got a new affiliate manager a few years ago, then they weren't as responsive. Is their indy program still live? I know they're at CJ now and I changed my links over but don't remember if they closed the indy program down.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    I know they're at CJ now and I changed my links over but don't remember if they closed the indy program down.
    I'm talking about MovieGoods.com in-house movie poster affiliate program, not their Commission Junction affiliate program. CJ dropped MovieGoods from their network at the end of January (another bad sign) -- have no idea if they were ever reinstated by CJ.

I was searching for any information that I could find about them and was glad to find at least this. I've been looking at my stats for them and have discovered that I have ZERO sales for them in 3 months despite the fact that my links for them are the most clicked on links from my Percy Jackson website. I get tons of sales for other merchants where there are a lot fewer clicks. It seems odd to me that I could be sending so many targeted visitors (they are all individual item text links and images) and getting no sales. I think I may just pull all of my links down to be safe.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Hi all - I wanted to fill you in on what happened with MovieGoods. I worked there for a while, about the time things started to downhill.

There was some internal fighting over legal control of the company (amongst board members), and consequently a judge granted financial control of the company to (arguably) the wrong person. This meant virtually all of the money that was coming into the company from sales was not being funneled back into the company. I do not know where it was going, but I do know at one point the heat was turned off in the building due to non-payment.

I spoke with JCA numerous times via Twitter and I tried to do whatever I could to learn about getting affiliates paid from my superiors, but there wasn't much headway. In fact, I was basically given the runaround answer: "we would like to pay them, but we just don't know when."

This probably doesn't provide much comfort to the affiliates who were burned, but it wasn't just affiliates who remain unpaid. The management team that is currently running MovieGoods does not seem to have the company's best interest in mind.

I no longer work for the company - certain board members made some poor decisions and I don't feel like there is much of a future there.

If anyone has any questions about MovieGoods, feel free to PM me. I manage a much more efficient, revamped affiliate program now with a different company - employing very basic things like auto-deposit that I feel should be standard for all merchants using SAS.

Isn't the CJ program closed? I pulled my CJ links a while ago because they were deactivated.

Yes the CJ account was closed due to lack of payment/funding, but the affiliate program itself was in-house.

Quote Originally Posted by moviefan View Post
    I manage a much more efficient, revamped affiliate program now with a different company - employing very basic things like auto-deposit that I feel should be standard for all merchants using SAS.
    Can I have the name of the merchant and web address please? I have been promoting Amazon so far but I'm sick of looking at just clicks, Amazon doesn't convert for x,y,z reasons (let's save this rant for some other time lol).
    I am looking for a good merchant that sells latest/old movies, DVDs, CDs, Bluray, etc. Appreciate your help.
    Regards,
    Adarsh.

Hi Adarsh - Thanks for your interest, but the merchant I'm working for doesn't sell movies, DVDs, CDs, Blu-Ray etc. Our focus is on movie memorabilia and movie posters. In that regard it's not unlike MovieGoods - but it is run by a much better team with positive, long term goals and a respect for its customers and partners.

If you'd like to work with movie posters or something like that, I'd be happy to PM you the name. I'm not quite ready to broadcast on ABW our company name - I'd like to wait and become a bit more involved with ABW and knowledgeable!

Good day MovieFan,

I'm interested in knowing about your affiliate program and web store. I have an ecommerce website where I promote products in various categories and I have a section dedicated to Movies and Movie memorabilia. Please provide info about your program.

Regards,
    Adarsh.

I've had the same issue. We've generated many sales for moviegoods.com for over a year and they haven't sent us a single penny. All emails go unanswered. Surely this is illegal?

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzai View Post
    All emails go unanswered. Surely this is illegal?
    Have you (or anyone) tried contacting them by posting a public message "tweet" mentioning the @Moviegoods Twitter account?

http://twitter.com/moviegoods

I wonder how many affiliates continue to send them sales but have yet to be paid.

I am pretty certain that affiliates who have not been paid will never be. The latest news is that MovieGoods lost their lease on the building they were in and are now operating out of the CEO's garage.
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"][B]Zack Simpson[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]Affiliate & Social Marketing Manager | [URL="http://www.moviepostershop.com"]Movie Poster Shop[/URL] | e: zack[at]moviepostershop.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread