Affiliates,

We are just building our affiliate program, and I ask you,

What can we do to make sure the affiliate is taken care of and what motovates you?

We know the affiliate is going to be the single most important secter of our business. We want to have a program in place that makes the affiliate feel they are important and treated fairly.

We are planning on implimenting a program that gives all commisions for non-affiliate sales, back to the contributing affiliates. This will be in the form of an affiliate bonus and advertising bonus. We will put half the fund in an advertising pool that will be used to support affiliates and to increase sales being attributed to the bonus. The other half will be devided up and given to all producing affiliate.
    We antisipate top affiliates will add bonuses greater than there direct commisions. This should be live on our site in the next couple days.

We realy want to know what we can do to help our affiliate and to help motivate you guys to earn big money.

Any suggestions and comment are appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
    Treat Affiliates Right

ABW Ambassador
    Before you open your doors looking for affiliates, you might want to go over your site with a spell checker.

And for a site selling site design, your site design isn't so hot. Add to that this product is starting to appear all over the Internet like a rash, and none of the sites look very good, you might want to move slowly before sinking too much money in.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but these types of offers/deals tend to need to be heavily, heavily promoted to not that sophisticated of clients. One of the reason you will see offers like this in spam.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    What Chet said, very amateur looking. I wouldn't touch it. Running a spell checker is basic. Just don't get a good feeling from it, so i imagine any visitors affiliates send won't either.

Good grief! A pyramid scheme?

I'll pass.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ssanf,

Where do you get the pyramid scheme from?

Just because we offer a bonus to an affiliate that brings someone to the site that instead of buying they become an affiliate, and we wish to compensate the original affiliate for this does not make a pyramid, and it definitely isn't a scheme.

do it,

Mike

I'm afraid I have to agree with Chet and Trust. Using spell checker is a basic, most computers have one built in. Use it. The site design doesn't do much for me either. The blue links on the black sidebar background remind me of a freebie site from 1998, so there's not much in your design to inspire confidence.

I'd recommend taking a hard look at your site, and making quite a few changes, before doing anything else.

Andy

Andy,

Thanks for your input and specifics.

The links were one thing I did change along with many other design aspects.

Also on most of the pages I corrected the spelling.

I do appreciate the specifics of your constructive criticism.

As much as I appreciate the input, my question has not been addressed yet. What can we do to help the affiliate?

Do it,

Mike
    Easy Website Editor

This is you entire sales pitch to recruit affiliates! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Imagine earning $100 each time someone visiting your site, sees a
    Do It Sites banner on your site, clicks on it and sees
    these build it yourself websites.
    Now imagine every month you will get a big check
    when that customer pays his monthly dues.
    O.K. now imagine you have 10 people Do It
    50 people, or even 99.
    That would be $9,900 in setup fees and this is where it gets fun, $990 monthly fee.
    That's $21,780
    Now Imagine 15 people sign up as an Affiliate through your site and they each sold just 20 sites in a year.
    What if you made $12,000 for this?
    Just Think now your grand total of Do It money is $33,780 a year of
    what we call Money before you get out of bed.
    Now, what would you say if Do It gave you an additional bonus?
    What if we showed you in the above situation we predict that bonus to be between $15,000 and $40,000*
    You probably ask, "how can you give this much in a bonus".
    We put $100 from all internal sales in this
    affiliate bonus and advertising fund.
    The advertising goes to increase the size of the fund and the
    affiliate bonuses go right back to producing affiliates.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Uh, where is the mention of selling PRODUCTS!! IT'S A PYRAMID SCHEME.

Level 1 you
    Level 2 the 15 you recruit
    Level 3 the 20 that each of them recruit
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    I don't want to insult you, but is English your second language?
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

ABW Ambassador
    "As much as I appreciate the input, my question has not been addressed yet. What can we do to help the affiliate? "

Give us something presentable. After all you are selling build your own website packages. It looks like the design is stuck somewhere in 1990 something. The animated gif of the rotating dollar sign reminds me of my first site that was a member.prodigy.net site, i had a bunch of cool animated gifs all over the place Not trying to mean, just being honest but it's hard to sell a build your website package when it looks like that, it's holding your program back. So that's what you can do for affiliates, fix it.

Again, I endorse what Trust said.

If you want to sell build your own website packages, you're going to have to have a REALLY COOL SITE! It needs to have a look all its own, memorable colors, and unique graphics and layout that will blow people away when they see it. In short, it needs to be memorable, so that people want to do business with you.

I also recommend using something other than Times New Roman font. If you aren't specifying fonts, you should be. Times New Roman is great for headlines and emphasis, but for normal text IMO it stinks. Use something more distinctive. Even the popular Arial, Verdana, or Courier fonts would be better, but that's just a pet peeve of mine.

If you want to do something for affiliates, that's great. But you need to put yourself in a position where you can do something for others, and right now your time is best spent by concentrating on fixing your own site.

You aren't quite ready for prime time, if you know what I mean. Please don't take this as being rude, it's not meant to be. I'm just trying to suggest you might be more effective late if you spent more time on your site before trying to bring in any new customers.

Andy

ssanf,

Apparently you don't know what a pyramid scheme is. A pyramid scheme is when everyone that joins an organization is required to pay $ to enroll, which is then paid to the people that are in the organization in different positions above them.
    What makes a scheme a scheme is that all or most of the money contributed to the whole of the group is contributed by members in the group.

The flaw with a scheme is the members at the bottom pay money to the top and there is no one to pay the bottom level members.

Reasons why "Do It" is nothing close to this:

1. Affiliates do not pay anything ($0) to be an affiliate.

2. All money is contributed to the system by selling something to customers.

3. Affiliates are not required to purchase anything (product, membership fee, promotional items), nothing.

As you can see there are no valid parallels here.

Btw the reason I added a referral bonus of $40 was because I asked this same question in another marketing forum and that was what was requested.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What can we do to make sure the affiliate is taken care of and what motovates you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really didn't want it, but after hearing his concerns and reading yours and other posts on parasites, I felt it is a valid concern that if you as an affiliate sent someone (possibly with intentions to buy) to our site, and that person signed up as an affiliate, but decided to become an affiliate and then buy, you should get at least some credit.

This is also why we are going to give back the commissions we generate from internal sales to the affiliates that are contributing. We look to this fund as to be quite significant. Half of the company sales commission will go directly to the affiliates up and above there normal commission. The rest will be used for advertising to get traffic to affiliate sites and ppc and advertising for sales to increase the size of the affiliate bonus.

We tried to come up with something to prevent any sales from slipping through the cracks. If we give all commissions back to the contributing affiliates, I believe we have accomplished this.

Anyway, as bad as I'm getting beat up hear, I do appreciate the constructive criticism.

So please be as specific as possible.

Thanks,

Mike

While what you say is true about having to make an investment in a pyramid scheme, you fail to acknowledge that it is NOT free for an affiliate to promote a program. We make an investment of time which is worth money and often buy advertising to promote a merchant. There is also opportunity cost. There IS an investment. It just doesn't go directly to you. And, you tout that the best way to recoup our investment is to recruit more affiliates. You should focus on what a great product you have and why people will beat our doors down to buy it.

But, that is beside the point. The way your whole pitch is written it sounds like a pyramid scheme. I would click away from that so fast that the breeze would knock the flies off the crap.

I suggest that you spend a whole lot of time reading pages that attract affiliates to other programs and do a complete rewrite. You should concentrate more on convincing affiliates that you have a product that their customers will want to buy. If they have nothing to sell, it doesn't matter what the commission structure is. 100% commission on $0 is still $0 no matter how deep your down line is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Build A Professional Website in 5 Minutes Or We Will Give You $762 in FREE Gifts!!
    Do It!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, come on! That is plain insulting. Do you have any clue how many hours we spend building professional web sites? And, we are supposed to sell people on the concept that they can build a professional web site in 5 minutes when we all know that it takes a whole lot of time and work no matter how good the tools you use to build it with?

Maybe, you have some nifty site building tools but they sure as hell can't build a professional web site in five minutes. The most they could do is set up the structure for a website and it sure won't be professional by a long shot.

Maybe, you should define "professional".

I just went further into the site! It appears that with your site builder, what you are really trying to do is gather personal information that you will use for spam or you will resale! There is no way that I would send my customers to your site! But if I did, I would expect a fairly high renumeration for each and every lead. You can keep the commissions on the sales which will be darned few and far between.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Serps
    Help the my friend the SEO Guy out with his Serps contest and get this realy great search engine tool. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are significant usage, syntax, spelling and punctuation problems with your site. I never got past those issues because they're so bad it makes the site look as if a pre-teen created it. You need to hire a proofreader.

Rhea,

Thanks for the specific on the Serps Link.
    I am going through the site and am having checked.

SSanf,

So now we are scheming a spam campaign because when someone is building a site they enter there name, company name, and email. It's hard to build a professional site in 5 min, and demonstrate we will propagate all this info to pertinent spots in the website if they don't enter this info.

No we are not selling lists, and yes we do send communications and instructions on the website once built (all with an opt out of course).

Of course I know affiliates invest time, but nobody, not a sponsoring affiliate or do it sites is stealing that time. We all benefit when that affiliate is successful, that’s win win for all affiliates involved.

Thanks,

Mike

I'm telling you how it looks and I am sorry if you don't like to hear it. You came here wanting fresh eyes to look at the site and you got them. Now, either listen or don't. It's up to you. But, if you aren't going to listen, don't waste our time. We shouldn't have to tell you to run a spell checker for pity sake.

At the very least, you should have a link that says how you will use the information, a privacy policy. I am sure you have seen those on other sites, haven't you? Didn't it ring any bells? They are there for a reason.

In this day and age, anyone who fills out a form like that with no stated privacy policy deserves to have their name sold to every spam list on the net on account of having poop for brains.

You need to seriously work on looking more legitimate. You totally fail to inspire confidence.

Go back to work. Get rid of the hype. It does not impress. For gosh sake, always check your spelling and have someone proof read your copy. Look at what others are doing. This is from another thread. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Take a peek at our 41 items that are affiliate program features (ie, reasons for affiliates to join us)
    http://www.nakedzombie.com/contentpages/affiliate.html

Feel free to borrow anything you find helpful from the list. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On another note, you will notice that Naked Zombie did a little trick that is very effective. Do you see the slightly smaller than normal type? Very smooth. Why? Because to read it a person has to lean forward. They have to strain a little and focus. What does this do? It forces them to pay attention! Compare that to what you have.

(This is why I almost never review sites. I don't have the patience for it.)

SSanf,

Thanks a bunch for the constructive criticism.

Yes I definitely need a privacy statement.

The spelling should not have slipped by; I will definitely be on top of that.

I will be rewriting the affiliate program, to round the edges. I really appreciate the naked zombie info. There is some good stuff there.

I also like the green black and violet. Don't think it would work for my market, but great for yours.

Rest assured, I am trying to make suggested changes. I'm not putting myself on the chopping block because it's fun.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread