Affiliate Newsletter
    Hello,

My name is Jeremy Hunter and I am the Affiliate Manager for Convenient Gadgets & Gifts.

I have been looking at the forums, and reading a lot. I am putting into practice a lot of what I have read there. I have been sending out affiliate newsletters, and maybe its because I generalize them, but when I do, I never get any responses from the affiliates. I asked for suggestions, asked them to let me know if they specific banners or products, we have data feed. I am just having trouble connecting with my affiliates I guess.

We are on ShareASale and we have 260 affiliates, 10-15% are driving traffic, and we have some sales. Our Site conversion rate is about 2.8% and we are working on improving that. But we are just not getting feedback from affiliates on how to make it better.

Any suggestions? Is this normal?

ABW Ambassador
    It's pretty normal, I don't normally respond to newsletters unless there is a reason to. And -

"We are on ShareASale and we have 260 affiliates, 10-15% are driving traffic"

Seems pretty good to me.

Side note, I deleted your other 2 posts since they were exactly the same as this one. It's best to pick one place for your topic, so we have it all in one place and not have people replying to the same question, in 3 different threads.

ABW Ambassador
    You have done the right thing in coming to this forum to seek advice.

A lot of affiliates will not even put a link up. That is the way it is. 10 to 15% is probably normal.

You have to grab the attention in your newsletter. I rarely repond to newsletters unless there is something in there that is worth replying to.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I had multiple posts, wasn't sure if everyone read in every forum or what the best practice was there.

You seem to be an affiliate, as you mentioned you don't respond to merchant newsletters. I am not sure what niche you are in, but as an affiliate, what kind of affiliate promotions are appealing to you? Cash give-a-ways for first sale, or certain number of sales, do these help to get affiliates active?

ABW Ambassador
    I do a little bit of everything. For me, it's pretty simple. If I think I can make money with the merchant, then I get active. But people are different. I would go thru the Merchant Best Practices Forum - http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=412

There's a few threads on this subject, on how to get affiliates active and such.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread